Photo

Need some help with editing existing base

Best Answer Echo, 14 March 2020 - 09:20 PM

The reason you don't see your base is because upper and lower case matters here. The original base files appear to be lower case, but if you open them with a hex editor, you will find that their real name is in fact different. For instance, the original castle_gondorne file is in fact called Castle_GondorNE. Re-saving the original files overwrites that.

To fix it, you have one of two options:

1. Get a hex editor, and after saving a base in worldbuilder, use it to change the name back to the upper-lower case mix. (e.g. castle_gondorne to Castle_GondorNE)

2. After save-overriding a base in worldbuilder, go to civiliansbuildings.ini, find the base you edited (e.g. Castle_GondorNE) and change it to entire lower case. (castle_gondorne)

Both options work. I use the first one in my mod, but I am not aware of any side effects caused by the second option. So pick whatever is more convenient for you.

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 manowar095

manowar095
  • Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 14 March 2020 - 08:56 AM

I'd like to add a new basement for Gondor faction which will allow to build only healing well , hero statue and keep.

So, I have created corresponding command set in the commandset.ini:

CommandSet GondorFoundationCommandSetSmall
    1  = Command_ConstructGondorStatue
    2  = Command_ConstructGondorWell
    3  = Command_ConstructGondorKeep
End

Then, I went to goodfactionbuildings.ini and added corresponding foundation to this file:

;Gondor Small Building Foundation -- the area where faction gondor buildings can be built on
Object GondorBuildingFoundationSmall

SelectPortrait = BPGCamp_Plot
  ; *** ART Parameters ***

Draw = W3DScriptedModelDraw ModuleTag_Draw2
	    DefaultModelConditionState
			Model = OBBFoundationX
		End
		ModelConditionState = WORLD_BUILDER
  			Model = GBSizeTemplate
  		End

End

Draw = W3DFloorDraw ModuleTag_Draw
		ModelName = GBFoundationX
	End

;PlacementViewAngle  = 0

; ***DESIGN parameters ***
  DisplayName         = OBJECT:GondorBuildingFoundation
  Side                = Gondor
  EditorSorting       = STRUCTURE
  ThreatLevel = 1.0

BuildCost           = 1
  BuildTime           = 5.0           ; in seconds
  VisionRange         = 160.0          ; Shroud clearing distance
  ShroudClearingRange = 160

CommandSet = GondorFoundationCommandSetSmall

; *** AUDIO Parameters ***

VoiceSelect = Gui_PlotSelect

; *** ENGINEERING Parameters ***

RadarPriority       = STRUCTURE
  KindOf              = STRUCTURE SELECTABLE IMMOBILE BASE_FOUNDATION UNATTACKABLE MP_COUNT_FOR_VICTORY NO_COLLIDE DO_NOT_CLASSIFY

Behavior            = FoundationAIUpdate ModuleTag_foundationAI
  End

Behavior = CastleMemberBehavior ModuleTag_CMB
  End 

Body                = ImmortalBody ModuleTag_05
    MaxHealth         = 15000.0
  End

Geometry              = BOX
  GeometryMajorRadius   = 24.0
  GeometryMinorRadius   = 24.0
  GeometryHeight        = 0.8
  GeometryIsSmall       = No
  Shadow                = SHADOW_VOLUME
  BuildCompletion		= PLACED_BY_PLAYER
End

After that, I ran worldbuilder and added one extra slot to gondor castle (castle_gondorne.bse, castle_gondornw.bse, castle_gondorse.bse, castle_gondorsw.bse).

But now when I launch the game and start scrimish,  the castle does not unpack and I lose whenever I choose Gondor.

P.S. I had to make the changes in commandset.ini and goodfactionbuildings.ini in the original game folder as well to make the worldbuilder see that new foundation.

Please let me know If I am missing something

#2 Echo

Echo

T3A:Online

• T3A Staff
  • 1,069 posts
  • Projects:Lot3A
  •  ~~
  • Division:BFME
  • Job:T3A Moderator
  • Donated

Posted 14 March 2020 - 09:20 PM   Best Answer

The reason you don't see your base is because upper and lower case matters here. The original base files appear to be lower case, but if you open them with a hex editor, you will find that their real name is in fact different. For instance, the original castle_gondorne file is in fact called Castle_GondorNE. Re-saving the original files overwrites that.

To fix it, you have one of two options:

1. Get a hex editor, and after saving a base in worldbuilder, use it to change the name back to the upper-lower case mix. (e.g. castle_gondorne to Castle_GondorNE)

2. After save-overriding a base in worldbuilder, go to civiliansbuildings.ini, find the base you edited (e.g. Castle_GondorNE) and change it to entire lower case. (castle_gondorne)

Both options work. I use the first one in my mod, but I am not aware of any side effects caused by the second option. So pick whatever is more convenient for you.

26285.png

#3 manowar095

manowar095
  • Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 15 March 2020 - 10:43 PM

Thank you for the reply! I have tried the second option and it seems to work so far.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users