Photo

Game crash when I Recruit a specific hero from the keep

bfme modding

Best Answer Kwen, 16 July 2020 - 03:56 AM

This is what we call a game.dat crash. The game includes a primitive crash debugging system which can pinpoint many crashes, but sometimes the crashes are not detected by the debugging system and as a result you get the error message that you see now. There is no way to tell for sure what is causing your game to crash. Your best option is to try and revert back to the latest working version of your mod. Try to undo things you've done until it works again, and then proceed forward once more.

Sorry that it's not a good answer, but these sorts of crashes are very frustrating because it's extremely difficult, sometimes impossible, to identify the cause. You just have to muscle through it.

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 amit5530

amit5530
  • Members
  • 114 posts

Posted 15 July 2020 - 04:06 PM

Hello everyone! I Do not know if this forum is still active but it's worth the shot

I have downloaded King of the west mod, and wanted to use Erkenbrand for my personal use(I am modifying my own campaign to be more like the movies)

when i am recruiting him in the keep i am getting this error message:

look at the attached file

I've updated these files:
armor, weapon, commandset, commandbutton, attributemodifier, voice, upgrade, playertemplate, fxlist and added these files:

data/ini/mappedimages/aptimages/heroui/ruerkenbrand.ini

i have no idea what makes the game crash when Ekrenbrand is recruited...(soon as timer ends)

Attached Thumbnails

• errorScreenShot.jpg

Edited by amit5530, 15 July 2020 - 04:28 PM.

#2 Kwen

Kwen

Vileartist

• T3A Staff
  • 4,865 posts
  • Projects:It'sa secreeet
  •  T3A's First N00b
  • Division:BFME
  • Job:T3A Expert
  • Donated

Posted 16 July 2020 - 03:56 AM   Best Answer

This is what we call a game.dat crash. The game includes a primitive crash debugging system which can pinpoint many crashes, but sometimes the crashes are not detected by the debugging system and as a result you get the error message that you see now. There is no way to tell for sure what is causing your game to crash. Your best option is to try and revert back to the latest working version of your mod. Try to undo things you've done until it works again, and then proceed forward once more.

Sorry that it's not a good answer, but these sorts of crashes are very frustrating because it's extremely difficult, sometimes impossible, to identify the cause. You just have to muscle through it.

https://www.twitch.tv/vileartist - Yes shameless self-promotion

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Old modders never die, they just fade away" ~ Hostile

#3 amit5530

amit5530
  • Members
  • 114 posts

Posted 16 July 2020 - 12:53 PM

Thank you Kwen for you quick reply.

I did managed to fix that, although it was VERY frustrating to lock on the problem.

now I can't remember how i fixed it haha

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users