Photo

adding more units into a map question

add units map modding

Best Answer Agandaur2404, 05 November 2020 - 07:31 AM

If you want more goblins on the map, I think you should just open the map in worldbuilder and add them manually where you want them to be and assign to correct teams to have them behave as other goblins on the map. No need to modify the map.ini, unless you want to modify number of goblins in a horde, but I think in BFME1 Moria map they aren't in a hordes anyway, they're set up as single units. But first open the map and see how other goblins are implemented there, to make sure of that ;)

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Bertil1987

Bertil1987
  • New Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 04 November 2020 - 10:43 AM

Hi!

i'm trying to mod the moria map to make it more authentic to the movie and thereby i want to add more goblins into the map
i've made a few attempts but i dont seem to make it to work
i guess there is something in map good moria\map.ini i have to mod but i just dont understand how to do it

anyone here who can help me?
thx in adv :)

Edited by Bertil1987, 04 November 2020 - 05:10 PM.

#2 Agandaur2404

Agandaur2404
  • Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 05 November 2020 - 07:31 AM   Best Answer

If you want more goblins on the map, I think you should just open the map in worldbuilder and add them manually where you want them to be and assign to correct teams to have them behave as other goblins on the map. No need to modify the map.ini, unless you want to modify number of goblins in a horde, but I think in BFME1 Moria map they aren't in a hordes anyway, they're set up as single units. But first open the map and see how other goblins are implemented there, to make sure of that ;)

#3 Bertil1987

Bertil1987
  • New Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 05 November 2020 - 11:51 AM

thanks, i opened the map.ini and extracted all the moria files in the main folder, edited the map and placed as many units as i wanted and then saved and then i added the files into the map.ini again but the units i placed doesn't show up in the actual game

#4 Agandaur2404

Agandaur2404
  • Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 05 November 2020 - 01:41 PM

thanks, i opened the map.ini and extracted all the moria files in the main folder, edited the map and placed as many units as i wanted and then saved and then i added the files into the map.ini again but the units i placed doesn't show up in the actual game

Did you save the map under the same name as the original Moria map and did you assign the objects and teams properly? Also, you may need to add a mapcache.ini to your maps folder (more about that here: https://forums.revor...ps-to-your-mod/ ). You can check some other tutorials in there and on the3rd age site, maybe you'll find some useful info. I'm afraid I'm not that good at modding scripted maps like that, but I'll try to help as much as I can. Good luck!  :thumbsupcool:

#5 Bertil1987

Bertil1987
  • New Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 05 November 2020 - 03:04 PM

Did you save the map under the same name as the original Moria map and did you assign the objects and teams properly? Also, you may need to add a mapcache.ini to your maps folder (more about that here: https://forums.revor...ps-to-your-mod/ ). You can check some other tutorials in there and on the3rd age site, maybe you'll find some useful info. I'm afraid I'm not that good at modding scripted maps like that, but I'll try to help as much as I can. Good luck!  :thumbsupcool:

i managed to find the solution, the map wasn't in the maps.big but insted in the _WSMaps.big which came along with the patch

thank you very much for your help

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users