Photo

[Zero Hour] Unable to connect to other Players - not even via VPN?

zh zero hour generals connection problem connect to other players

Best Answer Ben287, 15 December 2020 - 01:03 PM

Ok, problem solved. In my case the problem was my router running on ds-lite. So I had to call Unity Media / Vodafone to activate the power upload option to get dual stack. After that it worked. The reason is that you get a real IPv4 adress. So if the connection doesn‘t work check if your ISP / router supports IPv4...

Cheers,

Ben

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Ben287

Ben287
  • New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 13 December 2020 - 06:01 PM

Hello everyone.

Like many people I have a problem with C&C Generals Zero Hour online via C&C:Online / Revora. I can't connect to online games. The Error says "Unable to connect to other players". I can go online, chat to people, join the games and when the connection is loading the message appears.

So I read like a million threads and articles on the subject and tried everything, but it doesn't work.

My system:

Desktop PC

Win 10 Pro

i7-6700 3.4GHz

Geforce GTX 745

16 GB RAM

Internet / Router:

200 Mbit Unitiy Media (now Vodafone) with Connectbox - DS Lite. It doesn't support port forwarding or DMZ.

PC is connected to Fritz Powerline repeater via cable.

What I tried so far:

- Installed Zero Hour Ultimate Collection with Origin (Version is 1.04)

- Installed Gentools 8.1

- Installed ultimate collection launcher

- fixed it with GenPatcher

- registered with C&C online

- Made the firewall exception for Zero Hour in Windows Defender

- Tried to connect via VPN with different providers (Windscribe / NordVPN) with different servers in various countries

- Of course I checked the IP adress every time. The only thing I could not do is to set the port. Which if I'm not mistaken shouldn't matter with VPN?

The results of the NATNegTest are as follows:

Using server nntest.cnc-online.net:30000
Bound to local port 64727
Bound to local alternate port 64728
Resolving hostname 'nntest.cnc-online.net'...
Resolved server host to be '37.247.49.213'
Sending client INIT from port 64727 to nntest.cnc-online.net:30000
Received server INIT [807862]
Our public address is 88.152.184.110:30657
Sending client INIT2 [807862] from port 64728 to nntest.cnc-online.net:30000
Received server INIT2 [807862]
Our alternate public address is 88.152.184.110:30616
Sending cient START [807862] from port 64728 to nntest.cnc-online.net:30000
Received server START [807862]
Server extra port is 40000
Sending client PING [807862] from port 64727 to nntest.cnc-online.net:40000
Received server PING(1) [807862]
Received server PING(2) [807862]
Received server PING(3) [807862]

===========
  SUCCESS
===========
Received 3 pings from nntest.cnc-online.net:40000.
NAT negotiation works with your router and connection.
==> You do not have to use port forwarding.
Drücken Sie eine beliebige Taste . . .

I couldn't find the error log file you mention here: https://forums.revor...-report-issues/

I don'T know much about network technology, so maybe the solution is obvious to someone who has the technical knowledge. From what I read so far my router / ISP should be the problem. But what I don't understand is the fact that it doesn't work with VPN, what a lot of sources say is the save workaround...

I would be happy for any advice how I can get ZH to run online. Either with modifications regarding the hardware or regarding the connection via VPN.

If I can provide further information please let me know.

Cheers,

Ben

#2 Ben287

Ben287
  • New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 15 December 2020 - 01:03 PM   Best Answer

Ok, problem solved. In my case the problem was my router running on ds-lite. So I had to call Unity Media / Vodafone to activate the power upload option to get dual stack. After that it worked. The reason is that you get a real IPv4 adress. So if the connection doesn‘t work check if your ISP / router supports IPv4...

Cheers,

Ben

#3 mattmiolli

mattmiolli
  • New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 26 December 2020 - 05:57 PM

Cheers,

Ben

Hello Ben,

sorry could you explain better how to solve it? Sorry i'm italian and I'm trying to understand. the same problem found this last night. I tried to play it for the first time.

many thanks in advance for your available.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users