Photo

SCAR question

modding scar

Best Answer Gambit, 24 June 2022 - 04:10 AM

Map-specific scar indeed applies to each map separately, but it is intended to work ONLY for that map anyway.

If you want something to work everywhere, the you need a Win Condition!

If you are looking for something more complex, just download Unification, and see what I did with the SCaR of each map (a since "flag" - that is a variable that tells what's what - may help).

Go to the full post

5 replies to this topic

#1 YOUSLESS

YOUSLESS
  • Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 24 June 2022 - 01:14 AM

Hello, I have recently been poking around in the scardoc file and I want to start working on a script that works across all maps, all the implementations I've see so far are applied to an individual map. Is it possible to make a SCAR file that is used by every map?

Edited by YOUSLESS, 24 June 2022 - 01:15 AM.

#2 Gambit

Gambit

title available

• Members
  • 6,718 posts

Posted 24 June 2022 - 04:10 AM   Best Answer

Map-specific scar indeed applies to each map separately, but it is intended to work ONLY for that map anyway.

If you are looking for something more complex, just download Unification, and see what I did with the SCaR of each map (a since "flag" - that is a variable that tells what's what - may help).

-In search of Papasmurf...

#3 YOUSLESS

YOUSLESS
  • Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 24 June 2022 - 04:39 AM

If you are looking for something more complex, just download Unification, and see what I did with the SCaR of each map (a since "flag" - that is a variable that tells what's what - may help)

Thank you again Gambit, you really are saving me on my SCAR journey. I will dig around the scar files of the unification mod, but I have oone more question, where do I put the win conditions? Do I put them in scar/winconditions?

Edited by YOUSLESS, 24 June 2022 - 05:45 AM.

#4 Gambit

Gambit

title available

• Members
  • 6,718 posts

Posted 24 June 2022 - 10:04 AM

Do I put them in scar/winconditions?

Yeap!

Remember to always include two files (the scar and the description one). You will see how it is with all other win conditions.

Now, if you want something to ALWAYS run, and not appear in winconditions, you must import it in the scautil file.

Again, see what I have done with Unification.

A word of caution: Unification is VERY complex.

I had to include checks, and fixes, and code that restores and remedies Vanilla limitations...

So it is NOT the best place to see "the basics".

Start from the unmodded DoW (the DXP2.module), and if you want something more challenging, you can always look into Unification SCaR :grad:

-In search of Papasmurf...

#5 Guest_00_*

Guest_00_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 September 2022 - 03:44 PM

I believe Jaguar_Lord on moddb had something that allowed reading and writing of files within a module via scar (as part of his inquisitor campaign), but I'm under the impression it wasn't released last time I checked, you could try asking him there (or here if you're lucky and he turns out to use this site too) he might be able to help

Alternatively you could try and acquire the old dawn of war "campaign external binaries mod" which allows you to imbed and bind to new lua functions via scar, it was designed for testing purposes but I believe it comes with a mini tutorial (Jaguar_Lords version is certainly better and, (if you can get it), probably requires far less effort to use of course)

#6 Guest_00_*

Guest_00_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 September 2022 - 03:48 PM

Sorry I was replying to https://forums.revor...r/#entry1119669 and it appeared here instead, very strange

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users