Photo

QuickMatch (ladder) ?

Best Answer Phil, 21 September 2013 - 05:55 PM

Not for a while, unfortunately. Adding QM will require a lot of reverse engineering and programming. The focus is on fixing bugs in this version and then adding BFME2 & RotWK support. After that we will look into QM.

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 Resteford

Resteford
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 21 September 2013 - 05:53 PM

When we will have QM guys?

#2 Phil

Phil

Force Majeure

• Network Leaders
  • 7,976 posts
  • Projects:Revora, C&C:Online
  •  Thought Police
  • Division:Revora
  • Job:Network Leader
  • Donated
  • Association

Posted 21 September 2013 - 05:55 PM   Best Answer

Not for a while, unfortunately. Adding QM will require a lot of reverse engineering and programming. The focus is on fixing bugs in this version and then adding BFME2 & RotWK support. After that we will look into QM.

Edited by Phil, 21 September 2013 - 05:55 PM.

revorapresident.jpg
My Political Compass

Sieben Elefanten hatte Herr Dschin
Und da war dann noch der achte.
Sieben waren wild und der achte war zahm
Und der achte war's, der sie bewachte.

#3 Resteford

Resteford
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 21 September 2013 - 05:56 PM

After one year? =)

#4 Mathijs

Mathijs

Post-modern Shaman

• Network Leaders
  • 13,756 posts
  • Projects:Age of the Ring
  • Job:Leader

Posted 21 September 2013 - 06:04 PM

We cannot say just yet. It's on the list.

No fuel left for the pilgrims

#5 ICT

ICT

-

• Veterans
  • 3,075 posts
  •  -- MOC --
  • Division:BFME
  • Job:Online Admin

Posted 22 September 2013 - 02:28 PM

Is there a chance to integrate some sort of competitive ladder without much work? (no clanwar/qm system).

That would be soooo great!

"To know what question we may reasonably propose is in itself a strong evidence of sagacity or intelligence. For if a question be in itself incongruous and begs for uncalled-for answers, it holds, sometimes, besides embarrassing the proposer, the disadvantage to seduce the unguarded listener into giving absurd answers, and we are presented with the ridiculous spectacle of one (as the ancients said) milking the he-goat, and the other holding a sieve beneath."

#6 Mathijs

Mathijs

Post-modern Shaman

• Network Leaders
  • 13,756 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 02:41 PM

It's being worked on. 

In the meantime, why not create your own topic in the Replays, Commentary and Media section and post screenshots/links to replays of your victories, and keep count in there?

Edited by Mathijs, 22 September 2013 - 02:41 PM.

#7 ICT

ICT

-

• Veterans
  • 3,075 posts
  •  -- MOC --
  • Division:BFME
  • Job:Online Admin

Posted 22 September 2013 - 03:38 PM

thank you for your reply. That is very nice to hear - that you guys find the time while still working hard on all those aspects! keep up the good work :)

i am just asking not because of myself, but to get all the players back who need some little motivation to play again.

That way they create their own challenge to get up the ranks.

cheers :)

"To know what question we may reasonably propose is in itself a strong evidence of sagacity or intelligence. For if a question be in itself incongruous and begs for uncalled-for answers, it holds, sometimes, besides embarrassing the proposer, the disadvantage to seduce the unguarded listener into giving absurd answers, and we are presented with the ridiculous spectacle of one (as the ancients said) milking the he-goat, and the other holding a sieve beneath."

#8 Stayin´Alive

Stayin´Alive
  • Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 12:03 PM

Official EA people or game developers could give or sell the software to us? lol?

#9 Mathijs

Mathijs

Post-modern Shaman

• Network Leaders
  • 13,756 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 12:31 PM

No, that is not possible.

#10 Ichigo`

Ichigo`
  • Members
  • 10 posts
  •  -

Posted 23 September 2013 - 01:02 PM

Why does the bfme2 and rotwk servers take priority over bfme1 qm ?

The main hype of the servers were from thinking that quickmatch and the stat system would be back

AmgMushY.gif

#11 Phil

Phil

Force Majeure

• Network Leaders
  • 7,976 posts
  •  Thought Police
  • Donated
  • Association

Posted 23 September 2013 - 01:32 PM

Because QM is incredibly hard to implement, whereas BFME2 and RotWK support should take only little time.

revorapresident.jpg
My Political Compass

#12 forshire

forshire
  • Members
  • 137 posts
  • Projects:T3A: Online
  •  Walter White

Posted 24 September 2013 - 10:36 AM

Guys just think about this --->

1- There was not a Online Server for 3 years... Even  you  couldn't imagine that one day you will be able to play by clicking "online" button. Now, a dream come true. 

2- Remember that no one of us working for EA Games or have the their "online server codes" to include our server in 10 min? What Phil does is just because he loves the bfme, that's all. Not for the money or anything else. So, stop pushing staff team for new features, it gets boring and depressing instead of fun and ambition

3- Ofc the QM will work in the future. You have waited 3 years to play again on the Server and i think you can wait for a while (don't ask over and over "when when when") to play QM. 

#13 excl

excl
  • Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 01:26 PM

Guys just think about this --->

1- There was not a Online Server for 3 years... Even  you  couldn't imagine that one day you will be able to play by clicking "online" button. Now, a dream come true. 

2- Remember that no one of us working for EA Games or have the their "online server codes" to include our server in 10 min? What Phil does is just because he loves the bfme, that's all. Not for the money or anything else. So, stop pushing staff team for new features, it gets boring and depressing instead of fun and ambition

3- Ofc the QM will work in the future. You have waited 3 years to play again on the Server and i think you can wait for a while (don't ask over and over "when when when") to play QM. 

^ he is 100% right!

I played a lot of skirmish games and finished the campaign a lot of times.

I have had this game from the release date until now... still in perfect state, with disc and case.

I can't thank you enough!

Everybody come online, there is 1 player online... and thats me... i want to play :D 

Just be proud finally somebody steps up and let our dream come true!

Have fun playing mates :]

See you all on the battle field :D

-excl

#14 Fishy

Fishy
  • Members
  • 116 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 02:01 PM

It's being worked on. 

In the meantime, why not create your own topic in the Replays, Commentary and Media section and post screenshots/links to replays of your victories, and keep count in there?

Why not use ClanWars for this instead ?

http://www.clanwars....ome.aspx?GID=14

#15 davedave

davedave
  • Banned
  • 46 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 04:56 PM

It's being worked on. 

Why not use ClanWars for this instead ?

http://www.clanwars....ome.aspx?GID=14

CW is alright, but most people cant be bothered with the effort. The appeal of QM was the random fun, CW is in no way random or fun.

Edited by davedave, 04 November 2013 - 04:57 PM.

#16 Fishy

Fishy
  • Members
  • 116 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 08:25 PM

I wasnt speaking about QM...of course I know what the bonuses of QM is....i was refering to his idea of making special topic for replays/screenshot etc.

#17 h3rb3s

h3rb3s
  • New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 07 December 2013 - 02:00 AM

word man. Im excited about this. Much respect to the people who made this even possible. looking much forward till the QM system is back (if thats even possible)...

anyways, big ups for least getting it online again. Might return for some games just for old times sakes. -h3rb

#18 Phil

Phil

Force Majeure

• Network Leaders
  • 7,976 posts
  •  Thought Police
  • Donated
  • Association

Posted 07 December 2013 - 02:24 AM

Thanks for the kind words. I'm sure we'll get QM working at some point (everything is possible), it will just require time.

revorapresident.jpg
My Political Compass

#19 h3rb3s

h3rb3s
  • New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 07 December 2013 - 02:47 AM

Thanks for the kind words. I'm sure we'll get QM working at some point (everything is possible), it will just require time.

Waited so long, can wait longer. Again, great work man. Im real excited bout this. Just need more people switching over from GR then this will be great! Already is..just lack of players

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users