Photo

model invisible despite adding to asset.dat

asseterrors.log sys

Best Answer Echo, 20 March 2014 - 02:56 PM

Simply copying & renaming w3d's causes trouble, because all the detached components like Boundingbox still have the original name attached instead of the new one. Try opening the w3d file with a hex editor, rename all 'EUHALDIR_SKN' occurences to 'EUHALDR_SKN2' or something like that (important: The amount of letters in the files' name must be equal to the original, in Haldirs case 12 letters) and lastly rename the file itself to 'EUHALDR_SKN2' (or whatever name you decided to use).

Edit: W3DViewer is a great tool to check if the w3d files are working or not, I believe it can be downloaded along with BFME 2 Mod SDK.

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Nick0911

Nick0911
  • Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 19 March 2014 - 09:49 PM

So I have recently duplicated the euhaldir_skn, named it euhald2_skn, and edited the skn with Sy's asset builder to give the duplicate the heavy armor textures. I did this to make his armour toggle and that works, but only the original skin showed up. I redid the asset.dat with Sy's asset builder ensuring everything was where it should be, and now both won't show up. When I try with EA's I get these errors everytime:

Internal container is named EUHALDIR_SKN; Could not get info for art\w3d\euhald2_skn.w3d
Internal hierarchy is named RUMORWEN_SKN; Could not get info for art\w3d\rueowyn2_skn.w3d

I get an 132 kb asset.dat with EA's and a 141 kb with Sy's (if that matters.) Any help would be greatly appreciated.

#2 Maximan

Maximan

Some Dude

• Hosted
  • 572 posts
  • Projects:BFME: Classic Edition

Posted 20 March 2014 - 06:33 AM

try out this asset builder: http://www.speedysha...acheBuilder.rar (Remember, put the assetcachebuilder on your desktop, the folder that is, because that worked for me, also when you import textures, change compiledtextures to textures)

#3 Nick0911

Nick0911
  • Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 20 March 2014 - 06:56 AM

Thanks for replying. Built a new asset.dat with that download you provided, but alas still can't see my duplicate. I'm gonna go over my coding again, see if there's something in there.

No, I highly doubt there is anything in there that would make it invisible, besides maybe the fact that I'm using a 'childobject' to switch between the two skins; could that cause it?

Edited by Nick0911, 20 March 2014 - 07:15 PM.

#4 Maximan

Maximan

Some Dude

• Hosted
  • 572 posts

Posted 20 March 2014 - 11:17 AM

i wouldn't bet my money on that, make sure the texture is in the compiled texture's folder, also the texture he is using is duplicated like the model, and saved as .dds and one as .tga.

also another thing could be you forgot to bind him(i don't think it's enough to c+p the file, you gotta import it all into 3ds max or renx, whatever you use, but i don't think that's the problem), or add the SKL in the art folder.

Edited by Maximan, 20 March 2014 - 02:05 PM.

#5 Echo

Echo

T3A:Online

• T3A Staff
  • 1,069 posts
  • Projects:Lot3A
  •  ~~
  • Division:BFME
  • Job:T3A Moderator
  • Donated

Posted 20 March 2014 - 02:56 PM   Best Answer

Simply copying & renaming w3d's causes trouble, because all the detached components like Boundingbox still have the original name attached instead of the new one. Try opening the w3d file with a hex editor, rename all 'EUHALDIR_SKN' occurences to 'EUHALDR_SKN2' or something like that (important: The amount of letters in the files' name must be equal to the original, in Haldirs case 12 letters) and lastly rename the file itself to 'EUHALDR_SKN2' (or whatever name you decided to use).

Edit: W3DViewer is a great tool to check if the w3d files are working or not, I believe it can be downloaded along with BFME 2 Mod SDK.

Edited by Echo, 20 March 2014 - 03:00 PM.

26285.png

#6 Nick0911

Nick0911
  • Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 20 March 2014 - 07:13 PM

That did it! Thank you guys so much for the advice :)

#7 Maximan

Maximan

Some Dude

• Hosted
  • 572 posts

Posted 20 March 2014 - 08:21 PM

That did it! Thank you guys so much for the advice :)

np :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users