Photo

T3A:Patch 1.06 for Gameranger Users

Best Answer ICT, 16 April 2014 - 04:50 PM

The latest T3A Launcher update to version 1.4.3 solves this issue.

All users (including gameranger players) can now safely use the automatic update service.

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 ICT

ICT

-

• Veterans
  • 3,075 posts
  •  -- MOC --
  • Division:BFME
  • Job:Online Admin

Posted 28 February 2014 - 10:43 PM

Hello fellow Gameranger users,

there is a bug with Gameranger and our new T3A Client (Version T3A:Online 1.3.0, released today): Gameranger does not recognize the new client and you wont be able to play your games with it anymore.

It is working fine with the server, thats why we did not find it in the first place.

This is not needed anymore, the T3A Launcher update to version 1.4.3 solves the problem!

Workaround

a) If you already installed T3A:Online 1.3.0 do as follows:

b) If you still use T3A:Online 1.1.0 or no T3A Client at all do the following to install Patch 1.06 manually:

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Also in case you overlooked it in the main topic: If you are using the _wsmaps.big (in your installation directory) then you need to replace it with http://www.the3rdage.net/item-788

The installer takes automatically care of this.

Edited by ICT, 16 April 2014 - 04:52 PM.

"To know what question we may reasonably propose is in itself a strong evidence of sagacity or intelligence. For if a question be in itself incongruous and begs for uncalled-for answers, it holds, sometimes, besides embarrassing the proposer, the disadvantage to seduce the unguarded listener into giving absurd answers, and we are presented with the ridiculous spectacle of one (as the ancients said) milking the he-goat, and the other holding a sieve beneath."

#2 D4rkst3EL

D4rkst3EL
  • New Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 08 March 2014 - 02:26 PM

Will i be able to play with 1.05 players if I got 1.06 patch?

#3 Mathijs

Mathijs

Post-modern Shaman

• Network Leaders
  • 13,756 posts
  • Projects:Age of the Ring
  • Division:Revora
  • Job:Leader

Posted 08 March 2014 - 02:33 PM

No, you can only play versus people with the same patch.

No fuel left for the pilgrims

#4 Echo

Echo

T3A:Online

• T3A Staff
  • 1,069 posts
  • Projects:Lot3A
  •  ~~
  • Job:T3A Moderator
  • Donated

Posted 08 March 2014 - 03:08 PM

You can switch files easily though, if you really want to keep playing .05

26285.png

#5 ICT

ICT

-

• Veterans
  • 3,075 posts
  •  -- MOC --

Posted 16 March 2014 - 12:55 PM

Updated with the seperate T3A Patch 1.06 installer --> http://online.the3rd...1_Patch1.06.exe

If needed, simply uninstall it and you are back on 1.05 (not recommended!)

"To know what question we may reasonably propose is in itself a strong evidence of sagacity or intelligence. For if a question be in itself incongruous and begs for uncalled-for answers, it holds, sometimes, besides embarrassing the proposer, the disadvantage to seduce the unguarded listener into giving absurd answers, and we are presented with the ridiculous spectacle of one (as the ancients said) milking the he-goat, and the other holding a sieve beneath."

#6 Arrowwind

Arrowwind
  • Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 07:34 PM

No problem with your online server, but when I use Gameranger BFME starts OK and gets to network but breaks down on last screen and I cannot connect. It is not a router problem. I had no problems until I patched to 1.06, I then followed guidance about uninstalling the patch as above.

I would have posted a screen shot but where's your attachment tool? It said failed to connect to network, or words to that effect.

Edited by Arrowwind, 10 April 2014 - 07:36 PM.

#7 ICT

ICT

-

• Veterans
  • 3,075 posts
  •  -- MOC --

Posted 10 April 2014 - 08:21 PM

I think you need about 5 posts before you can attach files: click on "More Reply Options" and it shows up.

#8 Phil

Phil

Force Majeure

• Network Leaders
  • 7,976 posts
  • Projects:Revora, C&C:Online
  •  Thought Police
  • Job:Network Leader
  • Donated
  • Association

Posted 10 April 2014 - 09:07 PM

I think you need about 5 posts before you can attach files: click on "More Reply Options" and it shows up.

That sounds like an incredibly retarded rule. I must have been drunk when coming up with that. Will fix immediately.

EDIT: Nope, uploading is possible. Just need to use the full editor.

Edited by Phil, 10 April 2014 - 09:09 PM.

revorapresident.jpg
My Political Compass

Sieben Elefanten hatte Herr Dschin
Und da war dann noch der achte.
Sieben waren wild und der achte war zahm
Und der achte war's, der sie bewachte.

#9 ICT

ICT

-

• Veterans
  • 3,075 posts
  •  -- MOC --

Posted 10 April 2014 - 09:13 PM

Well, maybe someone changed that but when we hosted the tournaments we had multiple users with that problem.

#10 Mathijs

Mathijs

Post-modern Shaman

• Network Leaders
  • 13,756 posts
  • Projects:Age of the Ring
  • Job:Leader

Posted 10 April 2014 - 10:20 PM

Might be they didn't bother checking More Reply Options, though.

No fuel left for the pilgrims

#11 ICT

ICT

-

• Veterans
  • 3,075 posts
  •  -- MOC --

Posted 16 April 2014 - 04:50 PM   Best Answer

The latest T3A Launcher update to version 1.4.3 solves this issue.

All users (including gameranger players) can now safely use the automatic update service.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users