Photo

CA public key patching routine failed

Best Answer ToxicShock, 12 December 2014 - 06:47 PM

That log shows you are trying to load the Steam version. There is a particular way of running steam games:

From the common solutions thread.
- I'm having trouble using C&C:Online with Steam.
- Solution: Open the C&C:Online launcher and use the Hook menu to hook your game. Then launch the game using the shortcut Steam made for it on your desktop (if you don't have a shortcut, go into Steam and make one). The launcher should pop up, so select your game and off you go. When Hooking, you should receive a prompt asking for your confirmation, this is how you know it worked. If you don't receive anything and the issue still occurs, check your anti-virus (Norton especially) as they are known to delete the hooking file. Add an exception for C&C:Online.

If you do that, make sure that you make the short cut *before* you hook, or it won't work. Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 donkyrolla

donkyrolla
  • Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 24 November 2014 - 12:30 PM

I get this when I try to launch c&c 3 and kanes wrath :L  can any1 help me?

#2 Plokite_Wolf

Plokite_Wolf

File hoarder

• Members
  • 2,294 posts
  •  Parce mihi, Domine, quia Dalmata sum.

Posted 24 November 2014 - 12:43 PM

n5nBs4c.png

BEFORE ASKING FOR HELP:

CAREFULLY read and watch our installation guides (LINK)

CAREFULLY read the following threads:

(How to report issues & Common Issues & Solutions)

Administrator of CNCNZ.com and EVA Database, the C&C Wiki

You are also welcome to make use of my archives of official files:

C&C File Archive | BFME File Archive | Dune File Archive

#3 ToxicShock

ToxicShock

Gamereplays.org Staff

• Division Leaders
  • 9,685 posts
  • Projects:Shatabrick C&C Player Database
  •  I have blue text?
  • Division:C&C:Online
  • Job:C&C:Online Leader

Posted 24 November 2014 - 02:58 PM

Specifically

- When I launch my game using the C&C:Online launcher, I get the following error: "CA public key patching routine failed"
Solution: Try setting the launcher to Windows XP compatibility mode.

Gamereplays.org staff - Shatabrick admin.

#4 donkyrolla

donkyrolla
  • Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 24 November 2014 - 07:03 PM

hey I tried that and just to b sure I tried the other versions for compatibility as well and I got the same result :L any other suggestions?

#5 Plokite_Wolf

Plokite_Wolf

File hoarder

• Members
  • 2,294 posts
  •  Parce mihi, Domine, quia Dalmata sum.

Posted 24 November 2014 - 07:22 PM

Run the launcher as admin, check if your antivirus or firewall is blocking it....

Administrator of CNCNZ.com and EVA Database, the C&C Wiki

You are also welcome to make use of my archives of official files:

C&C File Archive | BFME File Archive | Dune File Archive

#6 donkyrolla

donkyrolla
  • Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 25 November 2014 - 11:59 AM

ive tried running it under admin and the antivirus and firewall are not blocking it.  I really want to play this game with my mates and its killing me that I cant :L any other suggestions?

#7 ToxicShock

ToxicShock

Gamereplays.org Staff

• Division Leaders
  • 9,685 posts
  •  I have blue text?

Posted 25 November 2014 - 02:10 PM

ive tried running it under admin and the antivirus and firewall are not blocking it.  I really want to play this game with my mates and its killing me that I cant :L any other suggestions?

You need to post your error log and tell us (1) what version of Windows you are using and (2) what version of the game (Origin, Steam etc).   You should have done that when you made your topic.  See this; "How to report issues"

#8 donkyrolla

donkyrolla
  • Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 12 December 2014 - 02:54 PM

hey sorry I haven't been on in a while. but I am using Windows 7. I have a normal lone copy of c&c 3 and Kane's wrath on steam and an ultimate collection pack thru origin although I don't have origin itself installed or any c&c game from origin currently installed either and im having trouble copying and pasting the log so ill type it =

----- C&C : Online Launcher Start -----

Game: Kane's Wrath

Kane's Wrath Install Patch: C:\Program Files (86)\Steam\Steamapps\common\Command and Conquer 3 - Kane's Wrath\

Started game with: "cnc3ep1.exe "

Caught CREATE_PROCESS_DEBUG_EVENT from Kane's Wrath. Detaching...

Found game.dat process. PID 5724

*** Starting CA public key patching routine ***

ERROR: Reading process memory failed: Error: Only part of a ReadProcessMemory or WriteProcessMemory request was completed.

ERROR: Reading process memory failed: Error: Only part of a ReadProcessMemory or WriteProcessMemory request was completed.

ERROR: CA public key differs from expected value. Not patching.

ERROR: CA public key patching routine failed.

sorry I was a bit vague compared to this earlier but hopefully this'll help figure things out :D

#9 donkyrolla

donkyrolla
  • Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 12 December 2014 - 03:01 PM

oh and the time of this log would have been about 1:30am Australian time

#10 ToxicShock

ToxicShock

Gamereplays.org Staff

• Division Leaders
  • 9,685 posts
  •  I have blue text?

Posted 12 December 2014 - 06:47 PM   Best Answer

That log shows you are trying to load the Steam version. There is a particular way of running steam games:

From the common solutions thread.
- I'm having trouble using C&C:Online with Steam.
- Solution: Open the C&C:Online launcher and use the Hook menu to hook your game. Then launch the game using the shortcut Steam made for it on your desktop (if you don't have a shortcut, go into Steam and make one). The launcher should pop up, so select your game and off you go. When Hooking, you should receive a prompt asking for your confirmation, this is how you know it worked. If you don't receive anything and the issue still occurs, check your anti-virus (Norton especially) as they are known to delete the hooking file. Add an exception for C&C:Online.

If you do that, make sure that you make the short cut *before* you hook, or it won't work.

#11 donkyrolla

donkyrolla
  • Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 13 December 2014 - 09:25 AM

omg it actually worked :D  thankyou so much :D so very much :D im terrible when it comes to computers and its problems and u guys helped me out 1000% :D looking forward to playing and if I come across another problem ill b sure to talk to you guys :D cheers

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users