#101 Tom

Tom

title available

• Undead
  • 8,475 posts
  • Projects:Life
  •  Co-Founder of Revora

Posted 27 February 2008 - 11:26 AM

You won't be saying that when you actually need a gun to protect yourself in a few years time, thats for sure.

#102 duke_Qa

duke_Qa

I've had this avatar since... 2003?

• Network Staff
  • 3,837 posts
  • Division:Revora
  • Job:Artist

Posted 27 February 2008 - 05:31 PM

You won't be saying that when you actually need a gun to protect yourself in a few years time, thats for sure.

Where is paradox when you need his nick :shiftee:

well if the world turns into a huge pile of Africa with AK-47's in every corner of your house, i would rather nuke it to hell rather than try to make it a better (as it would seem that i've failed fighting the interests of the gods of war).

Self-fulfilling prophecies, thats what easy access to guns are. The odds of you getting shot will increase proportionally with your wish to have a gun. especially if you allow such a culture to grow.

why the hell would i need a gun if nobody else thinks they need a gun? your statement that you need a gun in the future indirectly implies that you will support the spread of guns. "the Bureaucracy expands, to meet the needs of the expanding bureaucracy".

And wouldn't you think that some rich bastard, high up in some corporation making money on guns. don't you think that these guys with their think-tanks and market-analysis, have figured that a healthy portion of fear and hate for anyone and anything powerful might actually help them make more money? I thought you were the sort of guy who liked conspiracies Hybrid, you should have seen that one a mile away :p

"I give you private information on corporations for free and I'm a villain. Mark Zuckerberg gives your private information to corporations for money and he's 'Man of the Year.'" - Assange

#103 Tom

Tom

title available

• Undead
  • 8,475 posts
  •  Co-Founder of Revora

Posted 27 February 2008 - 08:07 PM

I hope people do not hand there guns in. Its obvious the US government is going to eventually start disarming the population. Heck they did it in New Orleans after the hurricane, disarmed people when they discovered guns.

IF, and I say IF cautiously. IF shit goes down after this election then its obvious the US is going to be in a bad state. People are going to need guns to protect themselves. I've been saying for years, the US economy is going down, this is going to affect us all. Everyone laughs, but today it seems so more likely with Fox news making spin to say the economy is still fine and its just a slump. The US is bankrupt, its purposefully been done to make way for the North American Union. I'm pretty sure there are many americans who realise this and are not going to stand by and allow their government to steal their country from them. You really want to know why I went from supporting gun control to supporting gun ownership? Your answer will probably be in the next few years.

Yes Guns are primarily for killing people, but when you have people trying to kill you and they have a monopoly on guns, what will you do? Fight them with knives, or your fists? Not a realistic view.

#104 Tom

Tom

title available

• Undead
  • 8,475 posts
  •  Co-Founder of Revora

Posted 27 February 2008 - 08:21 PM

well if the world turns into a huge pile of Africa with AK-47's in every corner of your house, i would rather nuke it to hell rather than try to make it a better (as it would seem that i've failed fighting the interests of the gods of war).

With russia's attitude towards the west at the moment, i seriously fear the future. People laugh but the reality is very different from what people believe. Like i've been saying for years, STOP WATCHING THE MEDIA, start researching independently. If I am a conspiracy theorist, you are all coincidence theorists.

Self-fulfilling prophecies, thats what easy access to guns are. The odds of you getting shot will increase proportionally with your wish to have a gun. especially if you allow such a culture to grow.

Its not about people killing each other. Its about people having the right to own a weapon in case their government becomes corrupt and they can protect themselves, their family and their property. Everyone seems to have the attitude "it can't happen here, i mean we live in a DEMOCRACY." Why the fuck can't it? I mean are you serious? Which countries really have the most corrupt governments in the world? I bet its the opposite of what you are thinking. Democracy is a fucking lie, especially when you have the same interests in government as the people who own the media. How difficult is to to manipulate opinion? And if you have two parties where all candidates are in the same boat, following the same ideas and in the same organisations and secret societies, HOW MORE OBVIOUS CAN YOU GET? Its frustrating it really is. Look at the candidates for the 2008 election. Look at how fake they are. None of them believe in anything. They just want to be powerful and famous. They want everyone to love them and worship them. They are pathetic pawns fulfilling an agenda for other people. I mean come on get a grip. When one of the candidates said in the debates "shame on you Hilary. You were voting on war with Iran." She just laughed and mocked him. Its pathetic. You believe these people are real? THEY ARE ALL FRAUDS. Ron Paul and Dennis Kuninich were the only real candidates in this race. Luckily Ron Paul has started something which I believe will continue long after this November.

why the hell would i need a gun if nobody else thinks they need a gun? your statement that you need a gun in the future indirectly implies that you will support the spread of guns. "the Bureaucracy expands, to meet the needs of the expanding bureaucracy".

Bureaucracy does expand to meet the needs of expanding bureaucracy. Hence why you might in the future need a gun. Is it so hard to believe? Look in all likelihood, I will never ever own a gun. My government doesn't allow it. I will never probably even see a gun in this country. To be honest if guns were legal, I probably wouldn't own one myself, yet I still support gun ownership. Not just to defend against Tyranny and defend peoples rights, but because guns are also an awesome sport :alien: And heck they make hunting so much easier.

And wouldn't you think that some rich bastard, high up in some corporation making money on guns. don't you think that these guys with their think-tanks and market-analysis, have figured that a healthy portion of fear and hate for anyone and anything powerful might actually help them make more money? I thought you were the sort of guy who liked conspiracies Hybrid, you should have seen that one a mile away :shiftee:

Maybe these are the bastards that need to be taking out the picture? Maybe people who sell guns should be on a local level and not in some headquaters far away from the peoples lives they affect and destroy. No I am not talking about guns, I am talking about corporations who do exploit and steal and hurt people. Sit in an office, exploit the third world, get rich and but also follow your favourite philosophy. See no evil. hear no evil, speak no evil.

#105 duke_Qa

duke_Qa

• Network Staff
  • 3,837 posts

Posted 24 April 2008 - 06:49 PM

in light of my "prophecies", I guess its time to revive this thread.

http://www.latimes.c...66.story?page=3

http://abcnews.go.co...udent Discount)

"He's arming the criminals and then telling the rest of us to buy guns so we can protect ourselves from the criminals he's armed," said Peter Hamm, communications director for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence.

pretty much sums it up. If this goes anywhere i will probably make not having put my feet on American soil something of a merit :)

"I give you private information on corporations for free and I'm a villain. Mark Zuckerberg gives your private information to corporations for money and he's 'Man of the Year.'" - Assange

#106 Phil

Phil

Force Majeure

• Network Leaders
  • 7,976 posts
  • Projects:Revora, C&C:Online
  •  Thought Police
  • Job:Network Leader
  • Donated
  • Association

Posted 25 April 2008 - 12:11 PM

What I find shocking is that the weapons industry has successfully convinced so many people in the US that carrying a gun equals security. People seem to forget that guns are meant to injure and kill, not to save lives because maybe some "good guy" (whatever that is) can shoot the "bad guy" with it. I don't want to use the stupid stereotype of "all Americans are cowboys", but the gun still seems to have a very important cultural meaning nonetheless and people somehow can't let go of them.

The only advantage of people owning guns is that it's harder for authorities to opress the people with violence. Of course they still have a thousand other means, but at least your own army/police forcing their will on the people by pointing guns at them (in a large scale) doesn't work as easily. Still, there's no need to carry those guns, especially not concealed ones.

revorapresident.jpg
My Political Compass

Sieben Elefanten hatte Herr Dschin
Und da war dann noch der achte.
Sieben waren wild und der achte war zahm
Und der achte war's, der sie bewachte.

#107 CIL

CIL

Ex-troll

• Members
  • 1,330 posts
  • Projects:Lurking
  •  I'm a physician now. Scary, right?

Posted 07 June 2008 - 10:26 PM

If this topic isn't dead, I'd like to post my opinion. I think everyone should be able to own a gun because those who we don't want owning them are going to get them somehow or another... like Mexico or Canada. And teachers having a gun? I would worry for my classmates but not myself. Teachers like me for some reason :thumbsupsmiley: . Not in THAT way though... thank the nonexistant god.

Edited by Crazy Intellectual Liberal, 07 June 2008 - 10:27 PM.

I'm creeping, not gone.

#108 Hostile

Hostile

Benefitting Humanity Simply by Showing Up!

• Veterans
  • 9,551 posts
  •  T3A Founder
  • Job:Global Administrator
  • Donated
  • Association

Posted 07 June 2008 - 11:36 PM

What I find shocking is that the weapons industry has successfully convinced so many people in the US that carrying a gun equals security. People seem to forget that guns are meant to injure and kill, not to save lives because maybe some "good guy" (whatever that is) can shoot the "bad guy" with it. I don't want to use the stupid stereotype of "all Americans are cowboys", but the gun still seems to have a very important cultural meaning nonetheless and people somehow can't let go of them.

The only advantage of people owning guns is that it's harder for authorities to opress the people with violence. Of course they still have a thousand other means, but at least your own army/police forcing their will on the people by pointing guns at them (in a large scale) doesn't work as easily. Still, there's no need to carry those guns, especially not concealed ones.

Before there was a weapons industry I must ask who was convincing the people that carrying a gun equals security? That right was there before the big industry. Also the whole cowboy crap is silly. People don't walk around the streets here with guns. That perception is nonsense.

Washington DC baneed handguns yet has alot higher gun crime than across the river in Virginia where there are open guns laws. The laws have little relevance on gun crime. It's the demographics of the localtion.

Also the US army as no authority on US soil. They can't arrest anyone. If they pulled a gun the police could shoot them. The police come from the community and are more on the side of the people than the army.

Than again no one is running around here shooting people accepts gangs, thugs, and disgruntled husbands, postal workers, and college students. And no gun law is gonna fix that.

#109 CIL

CIL

Ex-troll

• Members
  • 1,330 posts

Posted 10 June 2008 - 10:16 AM

Exactly. I've said that as well. No gun law is going to prevent those who are intent on murder from killing the person by more... unorthadox means. That or the person could hop a plane ride up to Canada, buy a gun there and slip, unnoticed, across the border. Plus, a gun control bill would take away my precious babies... My P-38 revolver and my antique Winchester .22 cal rifle... not to mention my shotgun. My parents let me keep my revolver by my bedside, loaded, and with 6 rounds in a small box by my bed (in the unlikely that I face multiple people or miss [missing is nearly an impossibility as I hit a bullseye from 15 feet away]).

Edited by Crazy Intellectual Liberal, 10 June 2008 - 10:18 AM.

I'm creeping, not gone.

#110 Phil

Phil

Force Majeure

• Network Leaders
  • 7,976 posts
  •  Thought Police
  • Donated
  • Association

Posted 10 June 2008 - 07:08 PM

So you can defend yourself against the evil monsters under your bed at night?

revorapresident.jpg
My Political Compass

#111 CIL

CIL

Ex-troll

• Members
  • 1,330 posts

Posted 12 June 2008 - 03:07 AM

No, I just happen to have an extreme phobia of burglars, people who hate Atheists (yes, I'm the neighborhood Atheist where I live), and I happen to be paranoid and think that everyone's out to get me (and yes, I just openly admitted that). There's also another reason why your response was bogus: monsters dont' exist. Nor do ghosts, ghouls, demons, gods, or anything to that effect. Bigfoot and other creatures categorized in cryptozoology may exist, but that is uncertain.

Edited by Crazy Intellectual Liberal, 12 June 2008 - 03:08 AM.

I'm creeping, not gone.

#112 Phil

Phil

Force Majeure

• Network Leaders
  • 7,976 posts
  •  Thought Police
  • Donated
  • Association

Posted 12 June 2008 - 12:46 PM

:p

revorapresident.jpg
My Political Compass

#113 Mathijs

Mathijs

Post-modern Shaman

• Network Leaders
  • 13,756 posts
  • Projects:Age of the Ring
  • Job:Leader

Posted 12 June 2008 - 04:21 PM

He's crazy alright.

No fuel left for the pilgrims

#114 CIL

CIL

Ex-troll

• Members
  • 1,330 posts

Posted 12 June 2008 - 06:52 PM

Well, not about the supernatural and gods and crap like that. If a god existed, he would probably have burned us already for our sins. Bigfoot may actually exist, but there is no concluisve scientific evidence pointing in either direction, just a few sightings. The phony that admitted to pretending to be Bigfoot's sightings didn't even make up half of the sightings. The parts of the world where the thing is sighted (in these as well as other cases) are poorly explored places in the world, most presumably with many undiscovered species. But back to the point. Yes, I do keep a revolver at my bedside for fear of burglars, my neighbors torching my room, and the fact that I am just highly paranoid.
I'm creeping, not gone.

#115 Phil

Phil

Force Majeure

• Network Leaders
  • 7,976 posts
  •  Thought Police
  • Donated
  • Association

Posted 12 June 2008 - 07:04 PM

In your own interest, be quiet.

revorapresident.jpg
My Political Compass

#116 duke_Qa

duke_Qa

• Network Staff
  • 3,837 posts

Posted 20 June 2008 - 11:23 PM

wow.

I guess guns can be a cheap sort of therapy. But I think I would have preferred therapy...

Or just not living in the states where such social behaviour is common.

Its 99% cultural to have the idea that gun=self defense. and the main problem with "guns=self defense" is that it counts for both bad guys and good guys. Bad guys wants big guns to protect themselves while doing their job, because the good guys have big guns to protect themselves with. And so the spiral spins, but i think i've already mentioned this.

also, i would have thought gun control is better in Canada, i think theres a city on the border of the US and Canada, half on each side, and the gun-crime and fatalities are a fraction on the northern side compared to the southern side.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users