• 884 posts
  • Projects:Wars of the East mod
  •  Loremaster of WotE

Posted 11 November 2008 - 05:54 PM

!!! WotE Skinner/modeler recruiting !!!

Alright, first, let me state something:

:mad2: "Wars of the East" is NOT dead :mad2:

And now, let's continue :p

Most of the work done recently was about coding, bugfixing, balancing, and artworks. But we haven't showed any new models/skins for a long time.

Why, you may ask ?

:sad: Cos' we don't have any modeler/skinner ! :blink:

That's right, folks.

You want to change this state ?

:) Well, then come and join the team ! :)

We are looking for skinners and/or modelers, talented newbies and experienced veterans alike ! To join the team, all we require is a piece of work from you (a skin and/or a model) so we can judge your skills ;) to apply, please post in this topic or send me (MorrisB) a PM or e-mail (my adress is morrisbali@freemail.hu ).

With your help, WotE can...

;) ROCK ON ! ;)

Edited by MorrisB, 11 November 2008 - 05:58 PM.

Posted Image
---
"Well, I can't argue with that - modding IS hard. But what would have become of games like Starcraft, Warcraft 3, Dungeon Siege, Half-Life 1-2, Neverwinter Nights and BfME 1-2 if we, modders, weren't there ? They would have long been forgotten. Modding is hard, but it's an honorable thing." - MorrisB

#2 Kyross

Kyross
  • Hosted
  • 190 posts
  • Projects:WotE

Posted 11 November 2008 - 07:22 PM

I'd like to add I've begun doing some models for it, but I won't be able to get them ingame. If you can, part of this job would be working with the premade models to bind/skin/rescale them and get them ingame, but the meshwork will be done for things like ships and some new units.
Posted Image <-- Actually more like coder/mapper/modeller, but there's no bar for that.

#3 xno The Black

xno The Black

Xno The Black

• Members
  • 147 posts
  • Projects:Cheering up Wars of the East mod & RJ ROTWK
  •  The Second Founder

Posted 13 November 2008 - 01:55 PM

Yeah! :p
Posted Image

Posted Image

Everything is fortunated and many paths have been given.
To Choose or To be Chosen, you decide - Fëanáro Nénmacil

I'm currently looking for my BEST friend. We haven't contacted each other since I was a little boy.

#4 TheWickedOne

TheWickedOne

The Unforgivable One

• Project Team
  • 422 posts
  • Projects:View "About Me" Page
  •  Game Coder

Posted 16 November 2008 - 06:06 PM

I'm a basic skinner. I'll do something and post a picture of it.

#5 Sindarin

Sindarin

title available

• Project Team
  • 281 posts
  • Projects:Tol Eressëa MOD - WOTE
  •  Skinner - Coder - Mapper - Modeler

Posted 17 November 2008 - 07:40 AM

If u want i'm here to help with skinning!

Posted Image

#6 CIL

CIL

Ex-troll

• Members
  • 1,330 posts
  • Projects:Lurking
  •  I'm a physician now. Scary, right?

Posted 17 November 2008 - 07:45 AM

I'm guessing this was caused by Eldarion's leaving the community (not completely)? He crippled a lot of mods unintentionally by doing that. Lots of mods relied on him for good skins.

Edited by King Telemnar, 19 November 2008 - 04:16 AM.

I'm creeping, not gone.

#7 Elrond99

Elrond99

title available

• Hosted
  • 464 posts
  • Projects:None at the moment
  •  Modder without work and time :-S

Posted 17 November 2008 - 04:24 PM

I'm guessing this was caused by Eldarion's leaving the community? He crippled a lot of mods unintentionally by doing that. Lots of mods rely on him for good skins.

No it´s because IthronAiwendil is only here once in a while, he was the Leader of the Mod

#8 Kyross

Kyross
  • Hosted
  • 190 posts

Posted 17 November 2008 - 08:57 PM

Yeah, and the other guys who lurked our forums are either silent or breaking from modding, etc.
Posted Image <-- Actually more like coder/mapper/modeller, but there's no bar for that.

#9 Gfire

Gfire

Nuju

• Project Team
  • 2,173 posts
  • Projects:Finding My Way
  •  The Perfectionist

Posted 18 November 2008 - 12:52 AM

I've never really skinned before, because I have trouble with using renx/w3d importer on my computer, but if someone can unwrap blank skins of a model, and post it in .png format, I can try skinning it. I'll do my best and show you what I have (in .tga format, since I can't put it on the model.)

Edited by Gfire, 18 November 2008 - 12:54 AM.

Greetings, community.

#10 TheWickedOne

TheWickedOne

The Unforgivable One

• Project Team
  • 422 posts
  •  Game Coder

Posted 18 November 2008 - 03:56 AM

Never mind me, i am gonna be too busy with school so I'm sorry i can't be any help.

#11 Egalmoth

Egalmoth
  • Project Team
  • 123 posts

Posted 18 November 2008 - 08:52 AM

I am not great at skinning but have a look at this unfortunately I had no sources apart from memory to go on for making a skin but tell me what you think.
It is gondor leather/metal armour

ps:this was done very quickly in a couple of minutes.

Attached Thumbnails

• leather_armour.gif

Egalmoth wore a blue mantle upon which the stars were broidered in crystal.
The leader of the House of the Heavenly Arch.
Alone of all the Noldor, he used a curved sword.

The people of the Heavenly Arch was arrayed in many colours and their arms were set with with jewels and their shields was blue as the sky.Egalmoth got out of the burning Gondolin and came to the Mouth of Sirion

Portraits and graphic art

#12 xno The Black

xno The Black

Xno The Black

• Members
  • 147 posts
  • Projects:Cheering up Wars of the East mod & RJ ROTWK
  •  The Second Founder

Posted 18 November 2008 - 12:51 PM

Also "sometimes" I might be able to help this team with the portraits. I can make a portrait if you give me an image of the one you want me to create.
I don't really think my works would be good enough for the team anyway. But if the team ask me to do so..

Hmm...someone please comment on Egalmoth's work. I don't really can judge how good it is as I don't know about skinning stuff.
Posted Image

Posted Image

Everything is fortunated and many paths have been given.
To Choose or To be Chosen, you decide - Fëanáro Nénmacil

I'm currently looking for my BEST friend. We haven't contacted each other since I was a little boy.

#13 Elrond99

Elrond99

title available

• Hosted
  • 464 posts
  • Projects:None at the moment
  •  Modder without work and time :-S

Posted 18 November 2008 - 04:50 PM

@Egalmoth

Take more time

half an hour at least for a skin of medium quality, I´m sorry but it doesn´t look very good right now, read tutorials and practice and you´ll see, you´ll be better soon

When making metal paint the whole area in one grey and then highlight and shadow it using the dodge and burn tools with hardness 0%

Then you need to make it less uniform, I´m sorry I don´t know the name of the brush I´m using, but I´ll look it up if you want

Don´t take it too seriously I just wanted to help you

#14 Kyross

Kyross
  • Hosted
  • 190 posts

Posted 18 November 2008 - 08:25 PM

Well Egalmoth we know your work of course, you still haven't sent me all the portraits you made either so i can put them in. As for the skin, it would definitely need more time. You've given it definition by highlighting it, but then it has no depth(does that make sense?). Also, the rings at the bottom could be a lot more dense. It's obviously a copy/pasted image, but there's probably a trick to brushes that can make it much more authentic looking.

I also remember you posting parchment portraits and they looked very good xno, so we'll keep that in mind.

I'll be able to unwrap models into uvs with the program I'm using Gfire but do you have any prior exeperience in skinning for other games or just in photoshop?

#15 MorrisB

MorrisB

Wanderer of the East

• Project Team
  • 884 posts
  •  Loremaster of WotE

Posted 19 November 2008 - 07:18 AM

@Sindarin: Help is appreciated, but I would like to see a piece of work from you if possible :p

@Egalmoth: Nice trying, but as Elrong and Kyross said, you should put more work into it...

@Xno the Black: You are underestimating yourself, friend :facepalm: you are certainly not on Caluadan's level, but your portraits and posters were always well-done.
Posted Image
---
"Well, I can't argue with that - modding IS hard. But what would have become of games like Starcraft, Warcraft 3, Dungeon Siege, Half-Life 1-2, Neverwinter Nights and BfME 1-2 if we, modders, weren't there ? They would have long been forgotten. Modding is hard, but it's an honorable thing." - MorrisB

#16 Sindarin

Sindarin

title available

• Project Team
  • 281 posts

Posted 19 November 2008 - 10:21 AM

Some of my works..

Wood Guard
Posted Image

Noldor Warrior Reskin (with Blue gem in helm)
Posted Image

Haldir
Posted Image

:p

And for any help with mapping ask me..
:facepalm:

Posted Image

#17 MorrisB

MorrisB

Wanderer of the East

• Project Team
  • 884 posts
  •  Loremaster of WotE

Posted 19 November 2008 - 11:52 AM

Not bad :p you could certainly do some skinning... and I've seen your fine maps, too.

I think I found a new team member :facepalm:

Of course, the more we are, the better, so keep the applications coming people :p
Posted Image
---

#18 TheWickedOne

TheWickedOne

The Unforgivable One

• Project Team
  • 422 posts
  •  Game Coder

Posted 19 November 2008 - 04:31 PM

Wow, those are good Sindarin. I wished i could help but school has me up to my neck right now.

#19 Kyross

Kyross
  • Hosted
  • 190 posts

Posted 19 November 2008 - 05:01 PM

Lovin' it, Sindarin. Your map is neat too. You'd certainly have a place if you wanted.

#20 Sindarin

Sindarin

title available

• Project Team
  • 281 posts

Posted 19 November 2008 - 06:56 PM

Lovin' it, Sindarin. Your map is neat too. You'd certainly have a place if you wanted.

Really Tnx guys!

:facepalm:

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users