#1 Mig Eater

Mig Eater

5700 vxl files & counting...

• Undead
  • 5,833 posts
  • Projects:D-Day
  •  Teh workaholic

Posted 05 December 2014 - 11:50 AM

Several years ago I converted the Chinese buildings from C&C Generals to Red Alert 2, well I'm now finally going to convert the other sides buildings!

I started with the American command center, only to find that the textures & material settings on the model are a mess, I then soon fond that all the American & GLA buildings have this problem >.>

Unlike the Chinese buildings that were a simple matter of import the model, apply one or two UVW mapped textures & render. The USA/GLA ones however use multiple small textures for each side/face of the model & on top of that none of them are listed in the material editor. Obviously two different artists worked on the Generals buildings, using two very different texturing methods. Its also obvious why I didn't convert the USA/GLA models several years ago along with the Chinese buildings, at that time wouldn't have even know were to start with fixing them.

Now days tho I know my way around 3DS Max a lot better so it shouldn't be a problem, It will however require cutting up the models into their individual parts & studding screenshots to find the correct textures for each part. This means that In the time it took me to convert all the Chinese buildings I'll be able to make one USA/GLA building.

Well enough with my grumbling & on to a render...

cmdhq_01.png

Posted Image
Posted Image

#2 Mathijs

Mathijs

Post-modern Shaman

• Network Leaders
  • 13,756 posts
  • Projects:Age of the Ring
  • Division:Revora
  • Job:Leader

Posted 05 December 2014 - 12:55 PM

That looks really good.

No fuel left for the pilgrims

#3 Plokite_Wolf

Plokite_Wolf

File hoarder

• Members
  • 2,294 posts
  •  Parce mihi, Domine, quia Dalmata sum.

Posted 05 December 2014 - 04:13 PM

Wow. That's pretty awesome.

Administrator of CNCNZ.com and EVA Database, the C&C Wiki

You are also welcome to make use of my archives of official files:

C&C File Archive | BFME File Archive | Dune File Archive

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users