Contra 008 Final Manual Install

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 4mbience

4mbience
  • New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 25 January 2015 - 03:09 AM

Contra Launcher doesn't work for me so how do I manually install the mod? I have Zero Hour 1.04 installed on an external hard drive and my OS is Win 7 64 bit.

#2 predator_bg

predator_bg

The predator

• Hosted
  • 2,435 posts
  • Projects:Contra

Posted 25 January 2015 - 02:33 PM

1. Put all files from Contra008FINAL into your Zero Hour folder.
2. Rename !Contra008.ctr to !Contra008.big.
3. Rename !Contra008EN.ctr to !Contra008EN.big OR rename !Contra008RU.ctr to !Contra008RU.big if you want Russian language.
4. Rename !Contra008VOrig.ctr to !Contra008VOrig.big OR rename !Contra008VLoc.ctr to !Contra008VLoc.big if you want English unit voices.
5. Rename !Contra008MNew.ctr to !Contra008MNew.big OR rename !Contra008MStandard.ctr to !Contra008MStandard.big if you want vanilla soundtracks.
6. Rename Scripts folder to Scripts1 (which is located inside Data folder).
7. Start the game from generals.exe.

#3 James Gauntley

James Gauntley
  • New Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 08 February 2015 - 04:07 PM

I downloaded the .rar file, but that's all I get, and I can't do anything with it, no folder to extract, am I missing something?

#4 predator_bg

predator_bg

The predator

• Hosted
  • 2,435 posts

Posted 12 February 2015 - 04:10 PM

I downloaded the .rar file, but that's all I get, and I can't do anything with it, no folder to extract, am I missing something?

There is one folder called "Contra008FINAL" packed in the archive. Can you open Contra008FINAL.rar? You need WinRar to open .rar files.

#5 James Gauntley

James Gauntley
  • New Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 17 February 2015 - 02:18 PM

Ok i got Winrar, downloaded and extracted the contra file to my zero hour directory however when i click launch, it says generals.exe cannot be found.

I tried the troubleshooting guide and i got the same error.

I do have other zero hour mods so that might be the problem, but they use different launchers if that should make a difference.

Edited by James Gauntley, 17 February 2015 - 04:55 PM.

#6 predator_bg

predator_bg

The predator

• Hosted
  • 2,435 posts

Posted 14 March 2015 - 12:08 PM

Ok i got Winrar, downloaded and extracted the contra file to my zero hour directory however when i click launch, it says generals.exe cannot be found.

I tried the troubleshooting guide and i got the same error.

I do have other zero hour mods so that might be the problem, but they use different launchers if that should make a difference.

http://forums.revora...start/?p=997622

#7 Rot4t10n

Rot4t10n
  • New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 06 July 2016 - 08:59 AM

so ive installed contra for my PC and it still doesnt run.

Ive checked the zero hour version, its 1.04 as told. i extracted all datas into the zero hour folder, renamed what was necessary from .crd to .big but the issue i have remains the same which is as follows: i start contralauncher.exe and everything fine and good. the launcher pops up i set the unit language, music and language to new, new and english. i press launch and the admin lock asks for approval for the generals.exe so i click yes. now what happens? NOTHING. it runs the normal zero hour. idk what to do at this point, ive deleted all contra files, reinstalled them and repeated the process 2x by now but its always the same. contra doesnt run instead the normal zero hour runs. any advices?

#8 predator_bg

predator_bg

The predator

• Hosted
  • 2,435 posts

Posted 06 July 2016 - 11:23 AM

so ive installed contra for my PC and it still doesnt run.

Ive checked the zero hour version, its 1.04 as told. i extracted all datas into the zero hour folder, renamed what was necessary from .crd to .big but the issue i have remains the same which is as follows: i start contralauncher.exe and everything fine and good. the launcher pops up i set the unit language, music and language to new, new and english. i press launch and the admin lock asks for approval for the generals.exe so i click yes. now what happens? NOTHING. it runs the normal zero hour. idk what to do at this point, ive deleted all contra files, reinstalled them and repeated the process 2x by now but its always the same. contra doesnt run instead the normal zero hour runs. any advices?

There are a few videos on the internet about this problem. Watch them and follow the instructions.

If you have The First Decade: Click

If you have Zero Hour on Origin: Click

If the Fixed Launchers link is broken, use this one: Click

Edited by predator_bg, 06 July 2016 - 11:24 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users