Mathijs

Post-modern Shaman

• Network Leaders
  • 13,756 posts
  • Projects:Age of the Ring
  • Division:Revora
  • Job:Leader

Posted 12 March 2019 - 03:21 PM

Next release, we want each of Gondor's fiefdom units to have a unique banner/flag to carry into battle. Currently they all use Anórien/Minas Tirith banners, which means we're missing out on some color and flavor...

However, because there's so many options and directions to take for these designs, we're doing a community contest!

The following units need a banner design:

• Clansmen of Lamedon
  • Linhir Spearmen
  • Blackroot Vale Archers
  • Axemen of Lossarnach
  • Riders of Pinnath Gelin

These are the rules/guidelines:

• Each participant must submit at least 1 design for any of the above, up to a maximum of 1 design per unit.
  • Each participant must post their submission in this thread or in the #communitycontest channel on our Discord.
  • The winners will be decided by the Age of the Ring staff team.
  • We would love for each submission to be at the standard of Age of the Ring, ready to use, but this is not a requirement. Concepts and visual suggestions are welcome, in any medium: pen and pencil drawings, MS Paint, crayon, etc - we will be looking at the design, not the image quality, and we will recreate any winning submissions to meet our standard if necessary.
  • No plagiarism/content stealing. You can take inspiration from existing content/mods, of course - we understand this difference well.
  • The AotR team reserves the right to alter any winning submissions (colors, placement, etc) for our final asset.

And some tips:

• Make sure you use enough space to design your submission. 
  • Do research! Look at the units ingame and in our renders, look at other people's designs, read about their backgrounds in the lore, etc.

The competition will run up until the end of the month. Last submissions will be accepted on March 31st!

We look forward to seeing what you come up with!

No fuel left for the pilgrims

#2 Urhsak

Urhsak
  • New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 14 March 2019 - 09:45 PM

https://imgur.com/vHCnxZm

Lamedon banner

Edited by Urhsak, 14 March 2019 - 09:46 PM.

#3 Dark Lord

Dark Lord

title available

• Project Team
  • 365 posts

Posted 22 March 2019 - 01:32 AM

Hello
I attach the old concepts that I had created maybe one of them is useful

Gondor_Fjpg.jpg

Gondor_FKD2.jpg

#4 MattTheLegoman

MattTheLegoman

LEGO Knight of Minas Ithil

• T3A Staff
  • 3,669 posts
  • Projects:Mapping this Middle-earth
  •  Mapper
  • Division:BFME
  • Job:T3A Staff

Posted 23 March 2019 - 02:41 PM

Hello

Dark Lord, we may need to request you separate each banner you want to submit and name them.

Remember that all worlds draw to an end and that noble death is a treasure which no one is too poor to buy. - C.S. Lewis

There will come a time when you believe everything is finished. That will be the beginning. - Louis L'Amour

What will matter then will be people. If relationships will matter most then, shouldn't they matter most now? - Max Lucado

#5 Dark Lord

Dark Lord

title available

• Project Team
  • 365 posts

Posted 31 March 2019 - 01:56 AM

Hello

Dark Lord, we may need to request you separate each banner you want to submit and name them.

hello esteemed, I really believe, I do not know, which for each army, you choose which ones you like

Edited by Dark Lord, 31 March 2019 - 01:58 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users