[Crash] Elrond Council Mission

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 MetalWrath666

MetalWrath666
  • New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 11 September 2019 - 10:07 PM

Hello, I've BMFE2 - RotWK since 3 days, fresh installation, patches and Age of The Rings 4 installed.

Everything works like a charm until the mission Elrond Council from the Lord of The rings campaign.

I've talked with all the heroes around the Fire, played their missions/story (Isildur, Boromir and Bilbo) but when the mission is asking me to move Frodo into the spotted area to leave the place, as soon as Frodo enter into the area the game crash and goes to Windows.

I've Windows 10 64bit and I didn't experience any other issue with this game (no other crash, no bug, etc) until now.

Anybody else have experienced such issue? Any suggestion that I can try to see if it works?

Thanks 

#2 numbers815

numbers815
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 23 November 2019 - 04:39 AM

Hey there, just ran into the exact same problem. Have been loving the LOTR campaign but cannot progress past this bug. As soon as Frodo enters that spotlight to complete the mission, the game crashes immediately taking me back to Windows 10 with no error message.

Please someone help!

#3 ST_M_1996

ST_M_1996
  • New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 23 November 2019 - 11:20 AM

hallo.

I have also aproblem in this mission.

The game always chrashes when i finisched the Gondor Part from Boromir.

#4 Hugh Janus

Hugh Janus
  • Project Team
  • 30 posts

Posted 24 November 2019 - 02:02 PM

Hi there!

We recommend turning down shadow settings in this mission to reduce the risk of out of memory crashes and saving at various points to prevent losing progress. The Council of Elrond mission has been edited for the upcoming version 4.1 so that the mission is much more stable in general. Furthermore, it will be possible to leave the Hall of Fire after just completing 2 of the 3 vignettes if you're still encountering crashes.

#5 Gumlai

Gumlai
  • New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 October 2020 - 03:04 AM

Hi, I'm currently running AotR v5.1 and this same problem it's happening to me, after completing all three vignettes.

I have no other mods installed and I'm using BfME II v1.06 and RotWK v2.02 8.0.1.

Additionally, I toggled shadows off.

Thanks in advance!

Edited by Gumlai, 20 October 2020 - 03:05 AM.

#6 PotatoBob

PotatoBob
  • New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 31 May 2021 - 06:07 PM

Worst mission ever.

#7 Nerevar42

Nerevar42
  • Members
  • 79 posts

Posted 01 June 2021 - 06:05 AM

Worst mission ever.

Arguments ? :thumbsdownsmiley:

"C'est en forgeant qu'on devient forgeron."

#8 tombo89

tombo89
  • New Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 12 July 2021 - 04:30 AM

Confirmed that this issue still persist in the latest 7.0 version. Just finished talking with all heroes and as soon as I enter the lit area to exit, game will CTD with no error message. I've turned shadows completely off with no success. 

#9 Ambarad

Ambarad
  • New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 15 August 2021 - 12:40 AM

Confirmed that this issue still persist in the latest 7.0 version. Just finished talking with all heroes and as soon as I enter the lit area to exit, game will CTD with no error message. I've turned shadows completely off with no success. 

This issue persists in version 7.1. I couldn't figure it out no matter what I did. I just can't get out of the hall. The game crashes and I get a Runtime Error.

#10 flutterstorm

flutterstorm
  • New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 23 April 2023 - 03:57 PM

Version 8.1. Still crashes.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users