83 replies to this topic

#41 PurpleChameleon

PurpleChameleon

The other guy

• Members
  • 156 posts
  •  No Modding skills whatsoever.

Posted 16 October 2008 - 08:44 AM

Oh no, not complete immunity, that would be too powerful unless it was something like a pathetic scout car armed with a popgun. I was thinking something more like units can resist a first hack attempt, but fall to the second.

But yeah, limitations and stuff.
Posted Image
Bored.

#42 Apollo

Apollo

The bringer of doom

• Hosted
  • 3,467 posts
  • Projects:Robot Storm, Project Phantom
  •  1337 Modder

Posted 16 October 2008 - 11:26 AM

Not possible...

RA2/YR only knows total immunity or no immunity what so ever so unfortunately can't even do unit take over like wz2100...focused for sometime before kicks in... :xcahik_:
Posted Image

EAApoc wrote:
The only written law in a C&C game I ever saw is please Mr.Developer make it fun and give me a lot of **** to explode, o and don't you ever get another soul to play Kane but Joe Kucan. Aside from those two rules, all bets are off =) hehe
-APOC

#43 Pepzi

Pepzi
  • Members
  • 213 posts

Posted 10 May 2009 - 01:09 PM

"The Kings of Egypt were associated with Osiris in death — as Osiris rose from the dead they would, in union with him, inherit eternal life through a process of imitative magic. By the New Kingdom all people, not just pharaohs, were believed to be associated with Osiris at death if they incurred the costs of the assimilation rituals."

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Osiris

#44 Pepzi

Pepzi
  • Members
  • 213 posts

Posted 10 May 2009 - 01:49 PM

I have formed some ideas of a human component in union with the machine, and he is administering it through mind driven system navigation. It happens that there is a gunfight between Yuri infiltators and the local security, resulting in bloody deaths and in the midst the intruding disciple who was hooked up to the machine was mortally wounded, and his knowledge and thoughts and fears were fed and processed by the computer mind accordning to a mixed interpretation. Fears of death and other kinds were combined with other thoughts and thus interpreted differently, such as fear of losing control of a situation could be mixed with political, ideological, philosophical systems of rule and order. Symbolically the man rose to the afterlife by dying while parts of his mind were immortalized and absorbed by the machine.

Edited by Pepzi, 10 May 2009 - 01:52 PM.

#45 Apollo

Apollo

The bringer of doom

• Hosted
  • 3,467 posts
  •  1337 Modder

Posted 10 May 2009 - 02:08 PM

Nice goin there Pepzi... You aren't totally right but you are really on right track about what Osi is truly about... I will be impressed if people figure out further how it seems to link :p
Posted Image

EAApoc wrote:
The only written law in a C&C game I ever saw is please Mr.Developer make it fun and give me a lot of **** to explode, o and don't you ever get another soul to play Kane but Joe Kucan. Aside from those two rules, all bets are off =) hehe
-APOC

#46 Pepzi

Pepzi
  • Members
  • 213 posts

Posted 12 May 2009 - 08:30 AM

Nice goin there Pepzi... You aren't totally right but you are really on right track about what Osi is truly about... I will be impressed if people figure out further how it seems to link :blush:

Osiris seems to be much like Cabal and Strogg in that they assimilate humans for submissive machines and hybrids. The faction is really about the union of all life with Osiris through cybernetic assimilation. On an unrelated note, I seriously think EA went the wrong way by ripping off the designs of Quake Wars for The Marked of Kane in Kane's Wrath, they killed the originality that Westwood created in Firestorm and various concepts for C&C "Tiberian Twilight/Incursion".

#47 Chrisjh0223

Chrisjh0223
  • Members
  • 71 posts

Posted 20 July 2009 - 04:11 AM

I remember reading on one of the official Robot Storm youtube videos (it was most likely one of Apollo's videos) that Osiris is actually the mind of a woman. My guess is that this cybernetic entity poses a more formidable threat than Nexus (or even Tiberian Sun's CABAL or System Shock's SHODAN for that matter).

Maybe in the ruins of the "human component in union with the machine" laboratory, the woman who died in the crossfire (who was hooked up to the machine) had her mind absorbed and very much like what Pepzi mentioned happened.

Ideally the woman died but her fragmented and heavily distorted mindset immortalized by the machine created an inhumane AI. It is no wonder why Nexus is terrified by going up against Osiris; Osiris has the wierdest ideas of fusing humans and robotic parts together to create a human race doomed to robotic slavery. Nexus honestly wants nothing to do with humans, his idea for a peaceful world is to terminate the humans 100%.
Dude!!?? WTF!! Sexy beach 3, Schoolmate, and artificial girl 2... WTF is wrong with you? Do you smoke crack!? ~ MadHQ on Beowulf's PC wallpaper

"Religion is a monumental chapter in the history of human egotism." - William James

"I distrust those people who know so well what God wants them to do because I notice it always coincides with their own desires." - Susan B. Anthony

#48 Pepzi

Pepzi
  • Members
  • 213 posts

Posted 20 July 2009 - 07:55 PM

I remember reading on one of the official Robot Storm youtube videos (it was most likely one of Apollo's videos) that Osiris is actually the mind of a woman. My guess is that this cybernetic entity poses a more formidable threat than Nexus (or even Tiberian Sun's CABAL or System Shock's SHODAN for that matter).

Maybe in the ruins of the "human component in union with the machine" laboratory, the woman who died in the crossfire (who was hooked up to the machine) had her mind absorbed and very much like what Pepzi mentioned happened.

Ideally the woman died but her fragmented and heavily distorted mindset immortalized by the machine created an inhumane AI. It is no wonder why Nexus is terrified by going up against Osiris; Osiris has the wierdest ideas of fusing humans and robotic parts together to create a human race doomed to robotic slavery. Nexus honestly wants nothing to do with humans, his idea for a peaceful world is to terminate the humans 100%.

Osiris being a woman? Never thought about that, probably because in Egyptian lore Osiris is described as a male god. It really bears no importance though because it's not about the gender but rather the agenda, the objective of this power seeking entity that matters.

Edited by Pepzi, 20 July 2009 - 07:56 PM.

#49 Elerium

Elerium

Road test? Me? But I gotta go save the world!

• Project Team
  • 631 posts
  • Projects:Robot Storm
  •  Temporal Agent

Posted 21 July 2009 - 01:11 PM

The gender of the hive leader we left ambiguous, just know he/she adopted the warped personality of a god (in this case, it chose the identity of Osiris). Or if you wanted, think of it as an entity that encompasses both genders after the integration (like the Beast from Homeworld), or a hive leader that views itself as a "god entity" and so speaks with the voice of the collective.

My guess is that this cybernetic entity poses a more formidable threat than Nexus (or even Tiberian Sun's CABAL or System Shock's SHODAN for that matter)

Osiris' rise threw Nexus' manipulation plans in recalculation, during this time the other two sides realised they were being played by Nexy and Osiris managed to take some of the leverage off the human factions. This meant Nexus' conquest now has other factors involved as well as his initial extermination plan got thrown out which puts all the sides on an equal balance to attain victory over either.

It is no wonder why Nexus is terrified by going up against Osiris

Not exactly terrified, more of rage against something you have always despised then throw in how the collective runs (a twisted chaotic order/mindset) as well as messing his plans and vision is something of seething hate against Osiris.

Edited by Elerium, 21 July 2009 - 01:49 PM.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#50 Chrisjh0223

Chrisjh0223
  • Members
  • 71 posts

Posted 11 August 2009 - 01:24 AM

Osiris being a woman? Never thought about that, probably because in Egyptian lore Osiris is described as a male god. It really bears no importance though because it's not about the gender but rather the agenda, the objective of this power seeking entity that matters.

Look at the video titled "Osiris Offensive part 1" on Apollo's youtube channel, right here.

ElD34dlyto said on the comments board "Dude, Osiris may be woman, but she sure sounds like Protos in a way." This is where I got the impression of Osiris being a woman.

Then again, ElD34dlyto could be wrong. Osiris is indeed a mystery for now.
Dude!!?? WTF!! Sexy beach 3, Schoolmate, and artificial girl 2... WTF is wrong with you? Do you smoke crack!? ~ MadHQ on Beowulf's PC wallpaper

"Religion is a monumental chapter in the history of human egotism." - William James

"I distrust those people who know so well what God wants them to do because I notice it always coincides with their own desires." - Susan B. Anthony

#51 some_weirdGuy

some_weirdGuy

title available

• Hosted
  • 4,080 posts
  •  Weird Guy of the Forums

Posted 11 August 2009 - 07:14 AM

Is Osiris being a woman any relation to Osiris being a woman in stargate?(one of the only high quality sci fi shows out there, not like so many other terrible sci fi's you see. This ones actually good :grin:)

Just sorta remembered that and found it funny that in both cases the male god is portrayed as a woman instead.

"I reject your reality and substitute my own" -Adam Savage, Mythbusters
Posted Image|Posted Image
Posted Image

#52 GodSun666

GodSun666

Marching Trough The Eternal Fields Of Chaos!

• Banned
  • 1,439 posts
  • Projects:Fast Fun And Crazy for Red Alert 3

Posted 11 August 2009 - 07:39 AM

Ehhh.. why don't you people wait till you see the actual story-line?
для матери Россия! Советский Союз победит! Америка может облизывать мои яйца
Posted Image
Posted Image

#53 some_weirdGuy

some_weirdGuy

title available

• Hosted
  • 4,080 posts
  •  Weird Guy of the Forums

Posted 14 August 2009 - 04:40 AM

the actual storyline still doesn't answer the question of 'did you or did you not take inspiration from stargate's Osiris?'

:p
and besides people have to talk about something, we'd get bored otherwise.

"I reject your reality and substitute my own" -Adam Savage, Mythbusters
Posted Image

#54 Elerium

Elerium

Road test? Me? But I gotta go save the world!

• Project Team
  • 631 posts
  • Projects:Robot Storm
  •  Temporal Agent

Posted 14 August 2009 - 09:07 AM

the actual storyline still doesn't answer the question of 'did you or did you not take inspiration from stargate's Osiris?'

Actually no :p

The idea of Goa'uld however served as a tiny bit of influence however, especially with the napalmy laser weapons and stuff they use..
Posted Image
Posted Image

#55 Apollo

Apollo

The bringer of doom

• Hosted
  • 3,467 posts
  •  1337 Modder

Posted 14 August 2009 - 12:57 PM

I guess we should point out the fact that Osiris is actually codename of the project, not exact person/entity, the full side name is Osiris' Collective and there has been thoughts of calling the side just Osiris or Collective.

Besides, try googling up the cult of Osiris (mythology) and you might find interesting info about afterlife and watching over/judging the dead stuff, human sacrificials to please the gods etc and you may find out how all those things begin to link-up while yes, the egyptian mytho part is only half of it, rest is more of a scifi horror story of how it all began which sadly can't be mostly portrayed in an RTS but would you ever see insides of this side's buildings, well...it would be horrifying and while yes, we could show the inspirational art, the main ones would likely get me warned for the sick parts of them and nudity...considering this is public forum, i think won't happen :p

would be epic if RS was FPS and you walk as single soldier in a dark osi complex corridor with fallen enemies raised to the walls as a trophy like winning marks.
Posted Image

EAApoc wrote:
-APOC

#56 Pepzi

Pepzi
  • Members
  • 213 posts

Posted 13 September 2009 - 03:27 PM

Will Osi buildings have a Cross decorating some of them in certain ways? The cross is a pagan symbol used by many pagan people, such as the romans using it against the christ, and egyptians using it aswell and so forth.

#57 OmegaBolt

OmegaBolt

Lost In The New Real

• Hosted
  • 6,273 posts
  • Projects:Red-Resurrection
  •  O'Bolt

Posted 13 September 2009 - 03:48 PM

Since when were Egyptian's pagan? They didn't use the cross AFAIK, but the ankh.

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#58 Pepzi

Pepzi
  • Members
  • 213 posts

Posted 13 September 2009 - 04:29 PM

Will Osi buildings have a Cross decorating some of them in certain ways? The cross is a pagan symbol used by many pagan people, such as the romans using it against the christ, and egyptians using it aswell and so forth.

Dumb idea.

Edited by Pepzi, 13 September 2009 - 04:36 PM.

#59 Chrisjh0223

Chrisjh0223
  • Members
  • 71 posts

Posted 15 September 2009 - 08:31 PM

Besides, try googling up the cult of Osiris (mythology) and you might find interesting info about afterlife and watching over/judging the dead stuff, human sacrificials to please the gods etc and you may find out how all those things begin to link-up while yes, the egyptian mytho part is only half of it, rest is more of a scifi horror story of how it all began which sadly can't be mostly portrayed in an RTS but would you ever see insides of this side's buildings, well...it would be horrifying and while yes, we could show the inspirational art, the main ones would likely get me warned for the sick parts of them and nudity...considering this is public forum, i think won't happen :grin:

Can you provide a link that leads to such inspirational art? Or at least mention where you found it and/or mention what you searched for to find said art?

would be epic if RS was FPS and you walk as single soldier in a dark osi complex corridor with fallen enemies raised to the walls as a trophy like winning marks.

I agree, that would be very epic. Too bad RS is not an FPS. Now if only an RS mod was made for C&C Renegade... :p

#60 Pepzi

Pepzi
  • Members
  • 213 posts

Posted 15 September 2009 - 09:45 PM

Besides, try googling up the cult of Osiris (mythology) and you might find interesting info about afterlife and watching over/judging the dead stuff, human sacrificials to please the gods etc and you may find out how all those things begin to link-up while yes, the egyptian mytho part is only half of it, rest is more of a scifi horror story of how it all began which sadly can't be mostly portrayed in an RTS but would you ever see insides of this side's buildings, well...it would be horrifying and while yes, we could show the inspirational art, the main ones would likely get me warned for the sick parts of them and nudity...considering this is public forum, i think won't happen :grin:

Can you provide a link that leads to such inspirational art? Or at least mention where you found it and/or mention what you searched for to find said art?

I agree, that would be very epic. Too bad RS is not an FPS. Now if only an RS mod was made for C&C Renegade... :p

The current rate of Renegade FPS:es gives you a good idea of how well this could go, but as the expression goes: If you want something done, do it yourself! :sad:

Edited by Pepzi, 15 September 2009 - 09:46 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users