some_weirdGuy

title available

• Hosted
  • 4,080 posts
  •  Weird Guy of the Forums

Posted 18 February 2008 - 07:16 AM

lol

anyway, you want an example of what i mean

how about we say some guy is getting picked on and annoyed, they come to him, shoving him around and all the other stuff bullies do, this goes on for ages and ages, after a while some one is going to snap, they will pull out their gun, which now everyone has on them at all times, and shoots one of the people who has been assaulting him.

then one of his friends shoot him, either they miss they could kill someone else, or other people, who have paniced becuase of all the killing and gunfire, fire their own guns, shooting other people, who shoot back, and so on and so forth

yes, sooner or later everyone calms down

till later on, when some people decide to get revenge "because his best friend shot my best friend, and now he's dead", and so, the scenario happens again...

where as if everyone doesn't have guns, then maybe once in a thousand years(yes, its not a common, as much as you want to believe it is) a psycho might come along and shoot someone, but then the cops get then right away, as its their asses on the chopping board if they don't get there fast enough(with the news paper, and news on the tv)

so having one person die, is better then having everyone with a gun, where not only more psycho's can get their hands on them, but then other people panic and everyone shoots at everyone else

(also, Americans are more stupid then Australians, as there are much more Americans to be stupid, then there are Australians in total :lol: )

Edited by some_wierdGuy., 18 February 2008 - 07:18 AM.

"I reject your reality and substitute my own" -Adam Savage, Mythbusters
Posted Image|Posted Image
Posted Image

#22 Opals25

Opals25

Aiee!

• Members
  • 134 posts
  • Projects:Being a dick.

Posted 18 February 2008 - 07:42 AM

For boasting on the superiority of an Australian's intellect, you sure do come off as being dumber then a sack of bricks. Take another English class or two before you continue this argument, maybe people will take you more seriously. Haha, just kidding, nobody will ever take you seriously.

#23 some_weirdGuy

some_weirdGuy

title available

• Hosted
  • 4,080 posts

Posted 18 February 2008 - 09:13 AM

ooo, oh, that hurt, cut me to the quick, but man, your funny, real funny :p

you should be a comedian, just walk up on the stage and everyone would laugh at you

well, seen as i am so dumb, would you mind pointing out where i have made mistakes in my English?

cause i don't see any, and neither does my spelling checker

if its a grammar error, then it might have gotten through, so please, do point it out to me

if, like me, you cant find any mistakes in my post, then you would be talking about the spelling of my name

which i know is wrong, i did it like that on purpose, as i made up that name when i was little, and spelt it wrong back then, and it stuck, i like it that way

so looks like you have just lost this little thing we have going on, unless you can show me said mistake.... :lol:

Posted Image

#24 TX1138

TX1138

TEXT UNRELATED

• Project Team
  • 866 posts
  • Projects:...
  •  Giant Spectrum Panda

Posted 18 February 2008 - 09:35 AM

For boasting on the superiority of an Australian's intellect, you sure do come off as being dumber then a sack of bricks. Take another English class or two before you continue this argument, maybe people will take you more seriously. Haha, just kidding, nobody will ever take you seriously.

I don't know who you are or where you come from. But regardless, you had no right to make that comment. some_wierdGuy made a valid point that America has a higher population, and therefore will contain a larger amount of stupid people. Not to say that Australia is idiot-free, as I know all to well that there are many Australians that could be outsmarted by a brick, given the right circumstances. :lol:

Edited by TX1138, 18 February 2008 - 09:21 PM.

Posted Image

Realism is so overrated it isn't even funny. You already know what happens in reality, how is that entertaining...?

#25 some_weirdGuy

some_weirdGuy

title available

• Hosted
  • 4,080 posts

Posted 18 February 2008 - 09:54 AM

lol, yeah, make fun of the Ausi's why don't ya :lol:

but those bricks can be pretty crafty at times :p

anyway,
thats the thing about Australians, we can take a joke, even at our own expense,
unlike some nations,(like those middle easter nations, that go aroud killing people for their religion, just cause someone says something wrong or a woman shows he face...)

but thats not the point

thanks for coming to my defense TX, and can you see any mistakes besides in my user name?, cause i cant(although, i cant be bothered taking a big long look)

anyway, back on topic

i think the only people who should have guns are professionals

like security guards, police, etc

you dont need to have everyone on campus with a gun just to stop crazy people from killing students, just have security guards who have a gun

i mean, its things like that the police are for, if everyone has a gun, then what good are police?

Posted Image

#26 duke_Qa

duke_Qa

I've had this avatar since... 2003?

• Network Staff
  • 3,837 posts
  • Division:Revora
  • Job:Artist

Posted 18 February 2008 - 12:07 PM

well i dunno if this is an old grudgematch or something from other threads, but i saw nothing in some_wierdGuy's replies that deserved such a reply.

if you are all "pro-guns, shoot-em-up" why don't you just say that, and not hide behind the "omg your tpying suckzors" attack. i would love to hear your opinion on the topic and not your subjective attacks on someone who actually posts constructive replies.

i think the only people who should have guns are professionals

like security guards, police, etc

you dont need to have everyone on campus with a gun just to stop crazy people from killing students, just have security guards who have a gun

i mean, its things like that the police are for, if everyone has a gun, then what good are police?

my thoughts exactly. in a normal world, a overflow of guns will cause many more deaths than a world with lesser access to guns. in a conflict where the people goes against the government, pistols is not the optimal weapon. you'll never get close enough before some sniper or average joe with a rifle blows your head off. and with the exception of the shotgun mentioned earlier, i have rarely seen these school-massacres contain alot of these weapons.

"I give you private information on corporations for free and I'm a villain. Mark Zuckerberg gives your private information to corporations for money and he's 'Man of the Year.'" - Assange

#27 Opals25

Opals25

Aiee!

• Members
  • 134 posts
  • Projects:Being a dick.

Posted 18 February 2008 - 03:34 PM

So where did you get your degree in American culture? I mean, you have such a highly educated understanding of American culture with your arguments like "Americans can't take a joke" or that "everyone would buy a gun and just shoot everyone." Where did you go? You must have majored in sweeping culture judgments and logical fallacies with a minor in impersonating a dumb ass.

Lets take a look at a quick post before I head to class and see whats so fucking wrong with them though. This is always so fun!

Anyways; thats the thing about Australians, we can take a joke, even at our own expense unlike some nations. (Those Aiddle Eastern nations, that go around killing people for their religion;, just because someone says something wrong or a woman shows her face...)
butHowever, thats not the point.

Thanks for coming to my defense TX. Can you see any mistakes besides in my user name?, cause I can't, though I cant be bothered to take a big long look.

Anyways, back on topic.

I think the only people who should have guns are professionals like security guards, police, etc. You don't need to have everyone on campus with a gun just to stop crazy people from killing students, just have security guards who have a gun. I mean, its things like that thats what the police are for. If everyone has a gun, then what good are the police?

D- See me after class.

I mean, did you proof read this? Did you even glance at it? How can you not notice glaring inaccuracies like missed capitalizations or punctuations? I mean, you called it "the middle easter" EASTER for crying out loud. A spelling check only does so much! Though you can't be paying it much heed anyways, seeing as you still misspelled "around."

I'm not pro gun, I'm pro "stop raping the English language you uneducated fucks." I mean, we could get into the logical fallacies and destroying of granted constitutional rights, but we need to take baby steps here! How can we ever have a logical and legible argument if you're still writing like your in the fifth grade?

Edited by Opals25, 18 February 2008 - 03:37 PM.

#28 CodeCat

CodeCat

Half fox, half cat, and all insanity!

• Members
  • 3,768 posts
  •  Fighting for equality of all species

Posted 18 February 2008 - 04:43 PM

Opals stay on topic. This has nothing to do with English.
CodeCat

Posted Image
Posted Image

#29 Sûlherokhh

Sûlherokhh

Sagacious Engineer

• Project Team
  • 3,754 posts
  • Projects:S.E.E., Sage A.I., Code Advisor
  •  'Axe'er of the Gordic Knot

Posted 18 February 2008 - 04:45 PM

There are not only stupid people in the world. Some are actually clumsy. Gun accidents WILL happen. The percentage of guns being accidentally fired will likely not increase, but both the total number of accidents as well as the percentage of gun owners having a gun related accident will increase, since both the number of gun bearers as well as the percentage of clumsy or badly trained gun bearers are likely going to rise. Add to that a rise of the 'fear and loathing' factor among all citizens (including the police) and what you get is lots and lots of triggers just waiting to be pulled, accident or not.

bannerreal01mittelit3.jpg
Axed Head and A.I. Coder for S.E.E. and ... stuff

".. coding is basically boring. What's fun is finding out how things work, take them apart and then put them together in ways that were not intended nor even conceived."

#30 Tom

Tom

title available

• Undead
  • 8,475 posts
  • Projects:Life
  •  Co-Founder of Revora

Posted 18 February 2008 - 06:39 PM

how about we say some guy is getting picked on and annoyed, they come to him, shoving him around and all the other stuff bullies do, this goes on for ages and ages, after a while some one is going to snap, they will pull out their gun, which now everyone has on them at all times, and shoots one of the people who has been assaulting him.

And how many mature adults does this happen too?

then one of his friends shoot him, either they miss they could kill someone else, or other people, who have paniced becuase of all the killing and gunfire, fire their own guns, shooting other people, who shoot back, and so on and so forth

You have a good imagination, but the scenario doesn't depict whats would happen in real life.

where as if everyone doesn't have guns, then maybe once in a thousand years(yes, its not a common, as much as you want to believe it is) a psycho might come along and shoot someone, but then the cops get then right away, as its their asses on the chopping board if they don't get there fast enough(with the news paper, and news on the tv)

Uhm "Psychos" can do that whether guns are legal or not. Your arguing that by banning guns nobody has a gun, when quite frankly, if you ban guns the innocent law abiding citizen turns their own weapons in whilst the criminals still hold theirs. In Britain, Handguns are illegal, it still hasn't stopped shootings and it still doesn't mean I can not get hold of a hand gun. Go figure.

so having one person die, is better then having everyone with a gun, where not only more psycho's can get their hands on them, but then other people panic and everyone shoots at everyone else

Because everyone is going to shoot everyone else when they are angry. That is how people react, even knowing they realise the full weight of the law is upon them. If a mature adult gets pissed off the first thing they will do is grab their gun. I don't think so.

(also, Americans are more stupid then Australians, as there are much more Americans to be stupid, then there are Australians in total :) )

Every nationality has its morons and "the masses." People are intelligent induvidually, but when it comes to the masses everyone is equally stupid.

#31 Casen

Casen

title available

• Members
  • 1,039 posts

Posted 18 February 2008 - 08:05 PM

All this arguing is irrelevant. Taking guns away from everyone is wrong when only a minority of people commit gun crimes.

It's the equivalent to banning religion because it can cause extremism.

I have never heard a good retribution to this argument. No one can refute it, therefore something else needs to be done to curb gun crimes.

#32 Sûlherokhh

Sûlherokhh

Sagacious Engineer

• Project Team
  • 3,754 posts

Posted 18 February 2008 - 08:28 PM

The more guns are allowed to be worn in places, the more guns will be produced and sold.
The more guns are sold, the more guns are bound to be used. It's pretty simple.
Producing more weapons means producing more danger.

It's the same with automobiles, only they don't exist simply to crash into other vehicles, since they are primarily a means of transportation. Guns are primarily used to kill or injure. Deterrence is only secondary.

".. coding is basically boring. What's fun is finding out how things work, take them apart and then put them together in ways that were not intended nor even conceived."

#33 Bart

Bart

• Network Admins
  • 8,524 posts
  • Job:Network Leader

Posted 18 February 2008 - 08:47 PM

It's the equivalent to banning religion because it can cause extremism.

Well aren't drugs banned for the same reason? After all, people taking coke once in a while, but not an awful lot, probably won't harm society.

I think it's irresponsible to allow guns in any public area. Many of the carriers will be untrained and clumsy, and will cause accidents, while real killers can get guns or other weapons anyway. Also, have you ever though about how many murders are actually incidental, commited unplanned by heavily emotioned people. If they have guns, the chances of them succesfully committing their murder is much higher.
bartvh | Join me, make your signature small!
Einstein: "We can’t solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them."

#34 Mastermind

Mastermind

Server Technician

• Undead
  • 7,014 posts
  • Projects:MasterNews 3
  •  The Man Behind the Curtain

Posted 18 February 2008 - 08:51 PM

I think it's irresponsible to allow guns in any public area. Many of the carriers will be untrained and clumsy, and will cause accidents, while real killers can get guns or other weapons anyway. Also, have you ever though about how many murders are actually incidental, commited unplanned by heavily emotioned people. If they have guns, the chances of them succesfully committing their murder is much higher.

That's why most (I am pretty sure it's in fact all) states in the US that allow conceal and carry require you to
a) Take a gun safety training course
b) Get a permit for concealed carry
c) Leave permit granting to the discretion of a local law enforcement official (This one might not be true, it's true in MN though)
d) Don't allow convicted felons to get weapons
So, in that case, I don't think many of the carriers will be untrained. They might be clumsy, but you can cause an accident by carrying around a scissors if you're clumsy too.
Posted Image

Well, when it comes to writing an expository essay about counter-insurgent tactics, I'm of the old school. First you tell them how you're going to kill them. Then you kill them. Then you tell them how you just killed them.

Too cute! | Server Status: If you can read this, it's up |

#35 Banshee

Banshee

One Vision, One Purpose!

• Network Admins
  • 9,045 posts
  • Projects:PPM, PPM: Final Dawn, OS SHP Builder, OS Palette Editor, OS W3D Viewer, VXLSE III, etc...
  •  Retired Network Leader
  • Job:Maintenance Admin

Posted 19 February 2008 - 12:09 AM

Winner!

If people had any clue of what people (trained or not) do with guns here, I'm sure half of these posts (or more) would be very different. Even toys that are replicas of real guns are forbidden here, since bandits use it to extort people. During the panic time, with a gun pointed at the person, innocent people may not notice that the gun is fake. And with real guns? There is an absurd number of brazilian movies that shows this kind of reality fo what people do with guns (quite shocking), like City of Gods and Elite Squad. Most of the Holywood movies are too much ficticious, but the movies I mentioned are based on real stories.

If guns were just used to kill and demanded some effort to kill people, fine. But with few bullets, you can kill a lot of people, in a considerable range. And it's easier to target and hit people with a gun than knives. Hybrid, I prefer knives over guns, honestly... it is far more safer and harder to extort people with knives as well. Also, it is hard to rob banks, harder to kidnapp people, harder to commit a shitload of crimes that are often made with guns.

If you think that we should combat lunatics by distributing guns to the citizens, you are actually spreading more violence and chaos. If there are a bunch of n00b s and immature people on the web, imagine in real life... and what could they do with guns?
Project Perfect Mod

Command & Conquer Mods, Mods Support, Public Researchs, Map Archives, Tutorials, Tools, A Friendly Community and much more. Check it out now!

Posted Image

#36 Phil

Phil

Force Majeure

• Network Leaders
  • 7,976 posts
  • Projects:Revora, C&C:Online
  •  Thought Police
  • Job:Network Leader
  • Donated
  • Association

Posted 19 February 2008 - 12:15 AM

Amen to that, Bansh.

Letting people carry guns doesn't make make things safer for them, it just makes the whole society more ready to kill.

revorapresident.jpg
My Political Compass

Sieben Elefanten hatte Herr Dschin
Und da war dann noch der achte.
Sieben waren wild und der achte war zahm
Und der achte war's, der sie bewachte.

#37 Sûlherokhh

Sûlherokhh

Sagacious Engineer

• Project Team
  • 3,754 posts

Posted 19 February 2008 - 12:28 AM

Finally somebody who understands that the issues are not freedom nor self defense! :)

#38 jnengland77

jnengland77

Lurking Behind the Curtain

• Network Admins
  • 260 posts
  • Job:Server Lord

Posted 19 February 2008 - 02:54 AM

That's why most (I am pretty sure it's in fact all) states in the US that allow conceal and carry require you to
a) Take a gun safety training course
b) Get a permit for concealed carry
c) Leave permit granting to the discretion of a local law enforcement official (This one might not be true, it's true in MN though)
d) Don't allow convicted felons to get weapons
So, in that case, I don't think many of the carriers will be untrained. They might be clumsy, but you can cause an accident by carrying around a scissors if you're clumsy too.

Exactly. I own low-powered rifle ( .22 caliber) and have taken a gun safety course. I shoot targets with it out of city limits and enjoy doing so. My grandpa owns several refiles and a pistol. He mostly uses them for target shooting or hunting; although, not any longer since he's getting to old. My rifle is in his gun case though since I usually went shooting with him.

Anyway, I live in South Dakota and I'm glad to hear the state senate voted against the bill. Plus, I attend a university in SD. I hope the bill doesn't come back either. I think it would be scary for any random person to carry a weapon around campus.

~jnengland77

#39 Casen

Casen

title available

• Members
  • 1,039 posts

Posted 19 February 2008 - 03:04 AM

Irrelevant, irrelevant, and irrelevant. Yes the issue is freedom. Are you trying to re-define the word freedom? Apparently so.

There are people who have guns and use them responsibly. If anyone thinks it is okay to take them away from responsible people, they are...well...idiots for lack of a better term. It's taking away a freedom.

And who said I was for anti-drug laws? I'm not.

And I am for gun tests. I don't think ANYONE should get a gun, people should have extensive mental testing before getting one.

Edited by Kacen, 19 February 2008 - 03:08 AM.

#40 Banshee

Banshee

One Vision, One Purpose!

• Network Admins
  • 9,045 posts
  • Projects:PPM, PPM: Final Dawn, OS SHP Builder, OS Palette Editor, OS W3D Viewer, VXLSE III, etc...
  •  Retired Network Leader
  • Job:Maintenance Admin

Posted 19 February 2008 - 03:27 AM

Do you wanna freedom for everyone to kill, rape, kidnapp, hit people to death and do other atrocities? Right, let's return some thousand years back in time for the sake of the freedom.

I prefer freedom with responsability, where people respect each other. It actually gives me more freedom than the chaos (full freedom) of thousand years ago.

Edited by Banshee, 19 February 2008 - 03:28 AM.

Project Perfect Mod

Command & Conquer Mods, Mods Support, Public Researchs, Map Archives, Tutorials, Tools, A Friendly Community and much more. Check it out now!

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users