WotE Gameplay FAQ

• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

#41 Egalmoth

Egalmoth
  • Project Team
  • 123 posts

Posted 08 July 2008 - 07:48 AM

war of the ring doesn't work on 3.2 at least on the wars of the east option you can play on the world map mode but when you enter an rts battle it crashes if you win or lose
Egalmoth wore a blue mantle upon which the stars were broidered in crystal.
The leader of the House of the Heavenly Arch.
Alone of all the Noldor, he used a curved sword.

The people of the Heavenly Arch was arrayed in many colours and their arms were set with with jewels and their shields was blue as the sky.Egalmoth got out of the burning Gondolin and came to the Mouth of Sirion

Portraits and graphic art

#42 MorrisB

MorrisB

Wanderer of the East

• Project Team
  • 884 posts
  • Projects:Wars of the East mod
  •  Loremaster of WotE

Posted 08 July 2008 - 12:09 PM

It DOES work - what I meant is that all WotE units and heroes were made trainable/useable in War of the Ring mode. The instability of War of the Ring is an another case, and is listed at the Bugs :)
Posted Image
---
"Well, I can't argue with that - modding IS hard. But what would have become of games like Starcraft, Warcraft 3, Dungeon Siege, Half-Life 1-2, Neverwinter Nights and BfME 1-2 if we, modders, weren't there ? They would have long been forgotten. Modding is hard, but it's an honorable thing." - MorrisB

#43 MorrisB

MorrisB

Wanderer of the East

• Project Team
  • 884 posts
  •  Loremaster of WotE

Posted 23 August 2008 - 08:08 PM

Update !

I came to realize that I forgot to mention an interesting fact about Beta 2.0 - the Secret Heroes ! For those who don't know it: Secret Heroes are heroes who aren't playable by standards but can be unlocked with a lil' trick. What's the trick ? Well...

Read point - 11) What are "Secret Heroes" ? to find out !

Also, I decided to put up a Current Staff Members -list at point 17). I think it's neccesary to make things clear :p also, I expanded the Special Thanks list a bit (but not by much).

Edited by MorrisB, 23 August 2008 - 08:08 PM.

Posted Image
---
"Well, I can't argue with that - modding IS hard. But what would have become of games like Starcraft, Warcraft 3, Dungeon Siege, Half-Life 1-2, Neverwinter Nights and BfME 1-2 if we, modders, weren't there ? They would have long been forgotten. Modding is hard, but it's an honorable thing." - MorrisB

#44 Guest_Oathbreaker2288_*

Guest_Oathbreaker2288_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 December 2008 - 01:14 AM

Three things

I thought that the King of the dead was the dwarven Ring Hero, when is Beta 4.0 coming out, and HOW LONG WILL IT TAKE TO FIX CaH??!!??!!

#45 MorrisB

MorrisB

Wanderer of the East

• Project Team
  • 884 posts
  •  Loremaster of WotE

Posted 18 December 2008 - 09:53 AM

King of the Dead WAS the Ring Hero of the Dwarves back in Beta 1.0, but since then he got replaced by Thorin Oakenshield and is now a summonable hero (Aragorn can summon him :p ) thanks for noticing, I'll add this to the FAQ when I have the time.

Beta 4 is uncertain yet. Maybe during the summer, but not sure. But we planned a release for Christmas, too...

The CaH is even more uncertain. We've been trying to find the source of the problem for YEARS by now, and no result yet. Our only hope is that Annullus - our local programmer genius - will think of something eventually.
Posted Image
---

#46 Darth Stalin

Darth Stalin
  • Members
  • 137 posts

Posted 21 December 2008 - 02:33 PM

Hello, guys!

Save-bug (Beta 3.1 and 3.2) - as I stated in point 4), you can't really use the "save game" option. To be exact, you can save, but can't load your saved game. Yeah, it's annoying, and we are desperate to correct it, but for now you have to live with it.

has something been done to -no-save-games bug?

It's really annoying when you must play a campaign for all the time without pauses due to inability to save and load...

#47 MorrisB

MorrisB

Wanderer of the East

• Project Team
  • 884 posts
  •  Loremaster of WotE

Posted 22 December 2008 - 06:47 PM

To my knowledge, the saving/loading between campaign maps works (at least it did last time I played the campaign - it was quite a while ago though, maybe around the release of Beta 3.1).

Annullus is working on fixing the problem, but I dunno about the results so far...

(...on the other hand, it felt VERY interesting for me to play trough the ENTIRE campaign with all the new units - without saving even once... YES, I really was that crazy :D )
Posted Image
---

#48 Floris

Floris

title available

• Members
  • 318 posts
  • Projects:My first map: Esteldin, hideout of the Dunedain Rangers.

Posted 22 December 2008 - 08:03 PM

Has Wars of the East already a campaing done? In a downloadable version?
The race of Men is failing, the blood of Númenor is all but spent – its pride and dignity forgotten… It is because of Men the Ring survives.

#49 MorrisB

MorrisB

Wanderer of the East

• Project Team
  • 884 posts
  •  Loremaster of WotE

Posted 23 December 2008 - 01:31 PM

Sorry but no. We dropped the campaign idea months ago. Fans are all free to make their own scripted maps, though.
Posted Image
---

#50 Floris

Floris

title available

• Members
  • 318 posts
  • Projects:My first map: Esteldin, hideout of the Dunedain Rangers.

Posted 23 December 2008 - 05:37 PM

O yeah that's right. I remember it now. I read the plan for the campaing and said that is was sad that you guys wernt doing a campaing. It still is ;)
The race of Men is failing, the blood of Númenor is all but spent – its pride and dignity forgotten… It is because of Men the Ring survives.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users