Problems with Contra 007

• Please log in to reply
208 replies to this topic

#1 BrucetheMoose

BrucetheMoose
  • Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 17 August 2009 - 06:31 AM

Ok, I just played Contra 007 for a little while. Since the brand new, but slightly glitchy, contra homepage, I don't know if this forum will remain active, butI have a few questions.

The General's challenge and campaign buttons don't work! Yet the maps for them are still there, as I can play them using mission start saves from 006. Are they incomplete or somthing?

The Contra 007 installer doesn't automatically uninstall 006. So, I started with a glitchier version of 006 untill I removed the 006 big files myself. I think an 006 uninstaller would be nice for people who download 007 and delete 006.

OOO, but the gameplay... It's fantastic. We have new units, reorganized and balanced, and fewer bugs (as far as I know). 007 is great, I just want the single player missions back.

#2 Creator

Creator

The cat

• Hosted
  • 3,632 posts
  • Projects:Contra

Posted 17 August 2009 - 08:14 AM

Ok, I just played Contra 007 for a little while. Since the brand new, but slightly glitchy, contra homepage, I don't know if this forum will remain active, butI have a few questions.

The General's challenge and campaign buttons don't work! Yet the maps for them are still there, as I can play them using mission start saves from 006. Are they incomplete or somthing?

The Contra 007 installer doesn't automatically uninstall 006. So, I started with a glitchier version of 006 untill I removed the 006 big files myself. I think an 006 uninstaller would be nice for people who download 007 and delete 006.

1) Missions and challenge mode were disabled because of many bugs on these maps. I decided do not to debug them in order to release 007 faster. But I hope that I fix them sooner or later. Probably they will be available in next version. But believe me - map debugging is great pain. You must make a fix and play the mission to check it. Then see what is wrong, fix it and play again and again. You need to complete one mission dozens of times before it is debugged. Challenge mode debugging can take some months.

2) Installer does not do anything with other mods. It installs/uninstalls Contra 007 only. It is not an error.

OOO, but the gameplay... It's fantastic. We have new units, reorganized and balanced, and fewer bugs (as far as I know). 007 is great, I just want the single player missions back.

Thank you :p

Edited by Creator, 17 August 2009 - 08:16 AM.

#3 dcesarec

dcesarec

THE COON

• Project Team
  • 3,091 posts
  • Projects:Contra 008 Art (models, textures, wallpapers...)
  •  Color check! Is this text blue?

Posted 17 August 2009 - 08:35 AM

Thank you creator, i will enjoy this!

.....and never pass the tests on college...heh...

Dude...partisans for Arabian general? I am from Croatia and...can`t find any connection with that...but it`s only a game.

Edited by dcesarec, 17 August 2009 - 08:56 AM.

Posted Image

#4 Guest_Oldschooler_*

Guest_Oldschooler_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 August 2009 - 07:20 PM

""Please make sure you have Directx 8.1 or higher installed. Also
verify that your video card meets the minimum requirements."

Is all I get when starting Contra007.
It crashes during loading (showing the 007 splash screen)...

Vannila ZH works fine..

Helpz plz!! :-O

#5 BrucetheMoose

BrucetheMoose
  • Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 17 August 2009 - 07:33 PM

Missions and challenge mode were disabled because of many bugs on these maps. I decided do not to debug them in order to release 007 faster. But I hope that I fix them sooner or later. Probably they will be available in next version. But believe me - map debugging is great pain. You must make a fix and play the mission to check it. Then see what is wrong, fix it and play again and again. You need to complete one mission dozens of times before it is debugged. Challenge mode debugging can take some months.

You have a point there, debugging is a long tedious task. But, I have played the USA campaign (from my old saves), and the new air force mission looks really nice. It is a little incomplete, but I hope to see it in a later version. We could have a Contra 007.2 :unsure:

#6 Creator

Creator

The cat

• Hosted
  • 3,632 posts

Posted 18 August 2009 - 01:28 PM

""Please make sure you have Directx 8.1 or higher installed. Also
verify that your video card meets the minimum requirements."

Is all I get when starting Contra007.
It crashes during loading (showing the 007 splash screen)...

Vannila ZH works fine..

Helpz plz!! :-O

Perhaps, you will find solvation here. I updated this page today.
http://contra.cncguild.net/trouble.php

Edited by Creator, 26 August 2009 - 08:34 AM.

#7 Creator

Creator

The cat

• Hosted
  • 3,632 posts

Posted 18 August 2009 - 01:52 PM

Dude...partisans for Arabian general? I am from Croatia and...can`t find any connection with that...but it`s only a game.

Come on, it is just game of course. Look at another factions.

- China propaganda regenerate tank armor.
- Soldiers born, grow up and study in Barracks for 2-3 seconds. Really fast, is it?
- USA microwave tank looks like this:
Posted Image
It is russian "Zoopark-1" radar, dude. :p

And so on. :p

#8 bartpp7

bartpp7
  • Project Team
  • 223 posts

Posted 19 August 2009 - 10:14 PM

Hi mate first of justlike to great mod, now to my prob with the launcher it doesn't show this (below)

Posted Image
so the thing is that i have all files in the ZH folder but it says this?

oh i should poin out that i am runningg Vista andplaying the TFD version of ZH

Edited by Creator, 22 August 2009 - 07:01 AM.

Posted Image
Posted Image
General Granger: I Win you lose what more is there left to say.

#9 Creator

Creator

The cat

• Hosted
  • 3,632 posts

Posted 20 August 2009 - 08:24 AM

Download fixed launcher.
http://contra.cncgui...traLauncher.zip

#10 bartpp7

bartpp7
  • Project Team
  • 223 posts

Posted 21 August 2009 - 01:36 AM

Download fixed launcher.
http://contra.cncgui...traLauncher.zip

oh mate you are the best thnx, i have a question about crashes now ,i get random crashes is that normal or is it cos i've done something wrong its during skirmish.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#11 Creator

Creator

The cat

• Hosted
  • 3,632 posts

Posted 21 August 2009 - 08:13 AM

Are you sure that you uninstalled 006 as well as other mods and previous versions of Contra? There can be conflicts with them.

#12 bartpp7

bartpp7
  • Project Team
  • 223 posts

Posted 21 August 2009 - 11:15 PM

i've even did a total reinstall since its tfd no need for patchs but yeh it still happens its usualy when theres alot going like like i like play against 4 ai with 4 allied ai then when say i've got heaps of units in there base it crashes i just save regularly now its annoying could it b cos i use vista?
Posted Image
Posted Image

#13 Creator

Creator

The cat

• Hosted
  • 3,632 posts

Posted 22 August 2009 - 06:30 AM

Maybe.

#14 Guest_guest1_*

Guest_guest1_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 August 2009 - 05:10 PM

I just downloaded 007 and I have already come across a severe graphical problem. The units, builds and landscape seem to duplicate across the screen causing a trail effect. This happens on the main menu and in actual gameplay. graphical glitches have also been occuring where the screen flashes black. My original ZH works fine. I'm using TFD and my graphics card is working fine. Please help.

#15 Lukas 45

Lukas 45
  • Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 23 August 2009 - 07:24 PM

I just downloaded 007 and I have already come across a severe graphical problem. The units, builds and landscape seem to duplicate across the screen causing a trail effect. This happens on the main menu and in actual gameplay. graphical glitches have also been occuring where the screen flashes black. My original ZH works fine. I'm using TFD and my graphics card is working fine. Please help.

Try Download the fixed Laucher
Playing Games:
Command and Conquer Generals: Zero Hour: Contra006/007 Mod
World of Warcraft: Wrath of the Lich King (Join the Danish WoW network on WoWi.dk)
Assassin's Creed

#16 bartpp7

bartpp7
  • Project Team
  • 223 posts

Posted 24 August 2009 - 12:14 AM

ok so i've got another question is there a resolution patch or file to make the lcd widescreen resolution compatable, for example at the moment im using a 24inch LCD at a resolution of 1920*1080 but in ZH it only allows up to 1200*980 could that also contribute to the crashes i've been having?
Posted Image
Posted Image

#17 Guest_guest1_*

Guest_guest1_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 August 2009 - 01:03 AM

I'm using the fixed launcher but for some reason the only way I can get the game to start is by using the Run as Admin tool. No other mods are in my TDF:ZH folder and all my other mods, on a seperate HD work fine with both ZH and TDF:ZH. The effect is similar to the effect when a person beats solitare, the trail the cards create.

#18 Railgunner2160

Railgunner2160
  • Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 24 August 2009 - 05:54 AM

I've installed Contra 007, it starts, I get to my skirmish and about 10-20 seconds in BOOM, game over. BEFORE you bite my head off about this problem being in the Troubleshooting Guide mine is different, I've tried the recommended solution (DATGEN), However it does not work!!! I'm using my copy of Generals Deluxe I bought about I think six months after Generals came out (or whenever the Deluxe became available) (NOTE: NOT The First Decade!!), Also as a side note right before this happens the game seems to run Abnormally fast during that time before game over, So to recap: Legitimate Copy of both game and key, problem actually getting to play Contra, And I'm stumped as what to do.... Could you help??

PS: Did you replace that (Comparatively) Ugly AC-130 model?

#19 Creator

Creator

The cat

• Hosted
  • 3,632 posts

Posted 24 August 2009 - 06:09 AM

What is about browsing web site?
http://contra.cncguild.net/trouble.php

#20 Creator

Creator

The cat

• Hosted
  • 3,632 posts

Posted 24 August 2009 - 06:20 AM

ok so i've got another question is there a resolution patch or file to make the lcd widescreen resolution compatable, for example at the moment im using a 24inch LCD at a resolution of 1920*1080 but in ZH it only allows up to 1200*980 could that also contribute to the crashes i've been having?

No, it can not be connected with resolution.

If you want to set another resolution, make right click on ZH shortcut and choose "Properties". Add 2 new parameters to launch string. In particular, I use this launch string:
"C:\Games\Generals Zero Hour\generals.exe" -xres 1280 -yres 1024

Edited by Creator, 26 August 2009 - 08:25 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users