Photo

Contra 007 Tournament

• Please log in to reply
136 replies to this topic

Poll: Contra 007 Tournament

Can you attend to Contra tournament?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#41 dcesarec

dcesarec

THE COON

• Project Team
  • 3,091 posts
  • Projects:Contra 008 Art (models, textures, wallpapers...)
  •  Color check! Is this text blue?

Posted 19 October 2010 - 07:35 AM

Not Violence,Cappy,because Superkillr said he will play. But if Violence confirms with his 2 friends,and tasmans friends too,maybe we will have 2 more groups.We should give them few days to confirm and lock the tree.And we should start first round soon,maybe on weekend?
Posted Image

#42 dcesarec

dcesarec

THE COON

• Project Team
  • 3,091 posts

Posted 19 October 2010 - 07:42 AM

Oh,my mistake,cappy is there.So we need confirmation from violence.
Posted Image

#43 Creator

Creator

The cat

• Hosted
  • 3,632 posts
  • Projects:Contra

Posted 19 October 2010 - 10:53 AM

I've posted the announcement on Redsys.ru right now. Alukard is interested in the Tournament. He wants to join us.

If other players get interested, I will tell you about them too.

As for the ladder, I think that each player must play with each one. There are 12 players. So, it will be 11 games for each player and 66 games total. Tournament winner is the player with the most of wins.

Edited by Creator, 19 October 2010 - 11:01 AM.

#44 playerKSE

playerKSE
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 19 October 2010 - 12:17 PM

NikName: playerKSE
Ip-Hamachi: 5.40.158.24
army: random
meeting place: Garena, Hamachi, Tungle, GOL.

#45 Su8perkillr

Su8perkillr

Capslockers are attention whores.

• Members
  • 722 posts
  • Projects:Losing the game
  •  Why cant this be red :(

Posted 19 October 2010 - 01:22 PM

Got another guy, Duivel 90. Add him to the list please :p
Posted Image
Posted Image

its like a big ball of tesla troopers firing on down below, but cant attack structures. ION STORM :D

#46 Casojin

Casojin

Democracy not Dictatorship

• Project Team
  • 2,121 posts
  •  Thinker

Posted 19 October 2010 - 02:02 PM

I've posted the announcement on Redsys.ru right now. Alukard is interested in the Tournament. He wants to join us.

If other players get interested, I will tell you about them too.

As for the ladder, I think that each player must play with each one. There are 12 players. So, it will be 11 games for each player and 66 games total. Tournament winner is the player with the most of wins.

There is a reason for setting up tourny tree. Some players from different regions would never have a chance to meet each other at all (due to RL time-frame like USA and Thailand with 12-14 hours apart). I group them separately. So, they won't meet in the first round (which would take the longest time of all). If they have to meet in the second round, then we have to manage some time. This would be easier because there are less number of players. Your scoring tournament ladder is good for people who live in the same timezone or close to one another (as you guys are all Russians with less than 2-3 hours apart). My system would allow people around the world to participate.

I will try to reorganize the tree with dcesarec and post some update once the number is confirmed.
CASOJIN

Posted Image

#47 JohnContra

JohnContra
  • Project Team
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 October 2010 - 03:39 PM

Add me pleas, to yours tournament....
Nickname: john1992on;
Time zone: UTC +2.00;
Internet speed: 256 - 3,6 mbps;
Preferred time and place:
hours: from 8.00 to 00.00 - for Ukrainian time zone (00.00 - 16.00 per U.S. time zone);
venue: Garena \ Hamachi (I can help with ustnovkoyu \ prohrmy using Garena, but I think there so everything is clear);

#48 Casojin

Casojin

• Project Team
  • 2,121 posts
  •  Thinker

Posted 19 October 2010 - 04:28 PM

Hmm...we have 14 and we gotta do some regroup somehow.
CASOJIN

Posted Image

#49 Creator

Creator

The cat

• Hosted
  • 3,632 posts

Posted 19 October 2010 - 04:42 PM

There is a reason for setting up tourny tree. Some players from different regions would never have a chance to meet each other at all (due to RL time-frame like USA and Thailand with 12-14 hours apart). I group them separately. So, they won't meet in the first round (which would take the longest time of all). If they have to meet in the second round, then we have to manage some time. This would be easier because there are less number of players. Your scoring tournament ladder is good for people who live in the same timezone or close to one another (as you guys are all Russians with less than 2-3 hours apart). My system would allow people around the world to participate.

I will try to reorganize the tree with dcesarec and post some update once the number is confirmed.

Do not forget that people also want to play with unfamiliar opponents. In particular, Player KSE, Alukard and Sayapo played many games with each other, but did not play with players from beyond the border. It will not be interesting for them if you put them into one group. They want to play with new opponents.

I also want to add more rules:
1. If you play as laser general and use Electricity net connection before you build first power plant then you build faster. This is exploit. It must be forbidden.
2. If you play as demo general and use Radar Van anti fake unit ability, you can destroy buildings with 0% completion state. It must be forbidden too.
3. If you play as China, you can get experience for free if you order hackers to disable neutral buildings. It is exploit as well.

And here are more players who want to join:
- RORONOA
- Sayapo
I've updated player list.

Edited by Creator, 19 October 2010 - 04:46 PM.

#50 lil tasman

lil tasman

CnC Mapper

• Hosted
  • 903 posts
  • Projects:Contra 008, Fallout Wars
  •  Contra 008 Wallpapers, Advertising and Maps. Fallout Wars AI Coding, Advertising, and Maps.

Posted 19 October 2010 - 06:59 PM

Creator, another exploit. Stealth general demo trap rush. It is un-blockable, destroys enemys supply, and should not be allowed. Casojin knows what im talking about.
Amat Victoria Curam
Victory Loves Preparation

Posted Image

#51 JohnContra

JohnContra
  • Project Team
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 October 2010 - 09:00 PM

Boys, i recomend yours creating tournamnet-table in table format .. and we(UA\RUS players) really wants play vs USA\Europe Players
P.S. Good work Casojin!

#52 Casojin

Casojin

• Project Team
  • 2,121 posts
  •  Thinker

Posted 20 October 2010 - 01:44 AM

Do not forget that people also want to play with unfamiliar opponents. In particular, Player KSE, Alukard and Sayapo played many games with each other, but did not play with players from beyond the border. It will not be interesting for them if you put them into one group. They want to play with new opponents.

Hmmm....I understand now. It would be nice as well for player interaction but the first round would take more time because I know that everyone has RL issues and time difference is a big obstacle for GMT+7 and GMT-6 or GMT-7. I'll discuss in detail with dcesarec. This would be a good idea if we have more player.
CASOJIN

Posted Image

#53 lil tasman

lil tasman

CnC Mapper

• Hosted
  • 903 posts
  • Projects:Contra 008, Fallout Wars
  •  Contra 008 Wallpapers, Advertising and Maps. Fallout Wars AI Coding, Advertising, and Maps.

Posted 20 October 2010 - 02:05 AM

Also, I have school so it would be impossible for me to play between the hours of 6 AM and 3 PM during the week in GMT -5
And fatmanfreddy will not play, as he says he wants to build his skill more because he just got started a month ago....
Amat Victoria Curam
Victory Loves Preparation

Posted Image

#54 Casojin

Casojin

• Project Team
  • 2,121 posts
  •  Thinker

Posted 20 October 2010 - 03:01 AM

6AM - 3PM in GMT-5 = 6PM - 3AM in GMT+7
I think Thai and American players might need to play on weekend only due to time constraint. We have to work on weekday and our usual available time is around 9PM - 12AM (this is as late as we can do without affecting our RL work).

During weekend, either one of us might have to play before lunch or late at night (up to 1AM - 2AM) and the other would be early afternoon or normal time. We gotta plan and make appointment though.

EDIT:
dcesarec agrees to change first round to score system so that everyone can play with different people but duration is undoubtedly increased because of the problem I mentioned earlier. I expected 3-4 weeks for first round. If it's all done before that, we would move to 2nd round earlier.

Edited by Casojin, 20 October 2010 - 07:17 AM.

CASOJIN

Posted Image

#55 dcesarec

dcesarec

THE COON

• Project Team
  • 3,091 posts

Posted 20 October 2010 - 10:42 AM

This is it. Tournament is almost set up, we will claim it open on weekend probably. Please check our new website that is still under construction:

objective-contra
Posted Image

#56 Creator

Creator

The cat

• Hosted
  • 3,632 posts

Posted 20 October 2010 - 10:52 AM

I added another player - St.Anger and added time zones.

Creator, another exploit. Stealth general demo trap rush. It is un-blockable, destroys enemys supply, and should not be allowed. Casojin knows what im talking about.

Casojin wrote about it already.

Edited by Creator, 20 October 2010 - 10:55 AM.

#57 dcesarec

dcesarec

THE COON

• Project Team
  • 3,091 posts

Posted 20 October 2010 - 10:56 AM

I added another player - St.Anger and added time zones.

Casojin wrote about it already.

Ok, we will add him too.

And players will be able to play games on garena too, but they shall use a signature for their match which means match is for tournament. So we can avoid this: maybe someone will send us old replay with one player and say it is from tournament. Signature will possible be a beacon on start placed near CC for few seconds (both players).

EDIT: but all players should join the Hamachi network, so we dont need to searh for each other. Ill open second network too since hamachi is limited to 16 players, its:

Contra_Tournament_2

pass: 4321

Players, please join!

Edited by dcesarec, 20 October 2010 - 11:09 AM.

Posted Image

#58 Creator

Creator

The cat

• Hosted
  • 3,632 posts

Posted 20 October 2010 - 11:08 AM

So we can avoid this: maybe someone will send us old replay with one player and say it is from tournament.

You, Casojin or another trusted person can be a spectator in their game. So, signatures are not necessary.

#59 dcesarec

dcesarec

THE COON

• Project Team
  • 3,091 posts

Posted 20 October 2010 - 11:12 AM

So we can avoid this: maybe someone will send us old replay with one player and say it is from tournament.

You, Casojin or another trusted person can be a spectator in their game. So, signatures are not necessary.

Indeed, but we cant track all games which would be play, on garena, hamachi and other vpn software. We should discuss those details in remaining days.
Posted Image

#60 Casojin

Casojin

• Project Team
  • 2,121 posts
  •  Thinker

Posted 20 October 2010 - 03:49 PM

I do agree with adding signature to the name. We might add [C] as subfix for the name so we can show that we're playing the tourny. Only one player in each match with this tag would be enough.

Edited by Casojin, 20 October 2010 - 03:49 PM.

CASOJIN

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users