duke_Qa

I've had this avatar since... 2003?

• Network Staff
  • 3,837 posts
  • Division:Revora
  • Job:Artist

Posted 29 November 2011 - 10:04 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f2xQLEq9ooI&feature=share'

Thought I'd share it before someone else did it, haven't watched it myself yet but might be legit :blush:. Oh, that was short :blink:

looks okay I guess, but it looks more like a cinematic event than a gameplay situation. But who knows, maybe they've added events into the gameplay so that tanks gets different modifiers onto them before they go boom as they drop below 0hp.

This seems to be from a new studio owned /run by bioware, which apparently have hired a few of the old EA-guard that used to work with the cnc games. Also found the entire promo over here at gametrailers.

Edited by duke_Qa, 11 December 2011 - 08:47 PM.

"I give you private information on corporations for free and I'm a villain. Mark Zuckerberg gives your private information to corporations for money and he's 'Man of the Year.'" - Assange

#2 Beowulf

Beowulf

Shipgirl

• Advisors
  • 7,219 posts
  •  Azur Lane Fangirl

Posted 07 December 2011 - 12:22 AM

It's a toss really. It could be Generals 2, could be a new C&C entirely or not C&C at all. Not sure which yet really.

NZ.org | BBPCG
Discord: The Astronomer#1314
Steam

#3 duke_Qa

duke_Qa

• Network Staff
  • 3,837 posts

Posted 07 December 2011 - 08:04 AM

The odds are they'll probably re-use some old name, and the architecture of the buildings and the style of the trucks says somewhat "20-minutes-into-the-future" to me. And with the "Modern-warfare" wave that has been flowing and refining the "modern shooter" genre the last years, I think this is a thing that most games in the neighborhood will have to consider the tropes coming from it.

But it doesn't need to continue on any story plots from generals imo, I don't even remember half of the stuff that happened there, GLA took over Europe for a few minutes I think. So a generals 2 should be like some final fantasy game: reset world, new angles and new things with the help of "old" gameplay tools. I still miss more strategy-games that followed the COH/DOW style of vehicle power and squad-based infantry, so perhaps they'll add a bit more to that instead of the same old "infantry is relatively useless vs an army of tanks" that cnc has been.

"I give you private information on corporations for free and I'm a villain. Mark Zuckerberg gives your private information to corporations for money and he's 'Man of the Year.'" - Assange

#4 Beowulf

Beowulf

Shipgirl

• Advisors
  • 7,219 posts
  •  Azur Lane Fangirl

Posted 08 December 2011 - 07:30 AM

I wouldn't mind a Generals 2 continuing the previous story while keeping the same sides. Generals and ZH are great arcade-fun stories, which is damn fine. But I'd rather Generals 2 be more self-aware and full of references to make it over the top and intentionally silly in a serious setting. I like that type of thing and it can lead to hilariously awesome fun.

NZ.org | BBPCG
Discord: The Astronomer#1314
Steam

#5 Soul

Soul

Divine Chaos

• Project Team
  • 3,781 posts
  • Projects:Sigma Invasion
  •  This person isn't important

Posted 11 December 2011 - 01:40 AM

Generals 2 has been confirmed.

In the near future, world leaders are mere seconds from signing a global treaty and bringing an end to war as we know it when a devastating terrorist attack rips through the peace conference, killing all in attendance. In a world left with no politicians, diplomats, or activists, only the Generals remain. It’s up to you to assume their roles, command their forces, and put an end to global terrorism once and for all.

Features:

• All-Out War — Take control of three unique factions, competing for resources, building up your base of operation, and leading massive batteries of tanks, soldiers, and aircraft into battle.

• Uncanny Sense of Realism — Frostbite 2 technology allows for visceral, visually stunning conflict at an epic scale. Incredibly detailed units and environments, dynamic physics, and exhilarating visual effects bring the battle to life in ways never before seen. This is the closest thing to real war without the consequences.

• New Ways to Dominate or Ally with Your Friends — Go beyond classic deathmatch with a selection of new multiplayer game modes, designed with both cooperative and competitive play in mind.

• Thrilling Campaign — Command the war on terror in an electrifying single-player campaign. Experience the dramatic story from multiple perspectives — from heroic General to crazed terrorist — while engaging the enemy in pulse-pounding tactical combat.

• Ever-Evolving Experience — Enhance your game with an expanding array of downloadable content. From maps and units to factions, campaigns, and more, the fight against terrorism is deeper than ever.

Minimum System Requirements

Processor: 2 GHz Dual Core (Core 2 Duo 2.4 GHz or Athlon X2 2.7 GHz)

Memory: 2 GB

Hard Drive: 20 GB

Graphics card (AMD): DirectX 10.1 compatible with 512 MB RAM (ATI Radeon 3000, 4000, 5000 or 6000 series, with ATI Radeon 3870 or higher performance)

Graphics card (NVIDIA): DirectX 10.0 compatible with 512 MB RAM (NVIDIA GeForce 8, 9, 200, 300, 400 or 500 series with NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GT or higher performance)

Sound card

DirectX Compatible

Keyboard and Mouse

DVD ROM Drive

Recommended System Requirements

Processor: Quad-core CPU

Memory: 4 GB

Hard Drive: 20 GB

Graphics card: DirectX 11 compatible with 1024 MB RAM (NVIDIA GeForce GTX 570 or ATI Radeon 6950)

Sound card

DirectX Compatible

Keyboard and Mouse

DVD ROM Drive

However it seems it will not be moddable at all or even have mapping tools for us.
Posted ImagePosted Image

Soul 2.4

Background process. Has something to do with some activity going on somewhere. Sorting junkmail, I think. No value or interest. Doesn't do much except hog resource.

#6 OmegaBolt

OmegaBolt

Lost In The New Real

• Hosted
  • 6,273 posts
  • Projects:Red-Resurrection
  •  O'Bolt

Posted 11 December 2011 - 12:24 PM

(Click to view full res)

Posted Image

Edited by OmegaBolt, 11 December 2011 - 12:26 PM.

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#7 Soul

Soul

Divine Chaos

• Project Team
  • 3,781 posts

Posted 11 December 2011 - 04:17 PM

Only two factions out of three are known so far, GLA and EU. Also the specs might not be completely correct and this game will be PC only.

Edited by Soul, 11 December 2011 - 08:57 PM.

Posted ImagePosted Image

Soul 2.4

Background process. Has something to do with some activity going on somewhere. Sorting junkmail, I think. No value or interest. Doesn't do much except hog resource.

#8 Spartan184

Spartan184

:)

• Project Team
  • 1,592 posts
  • Projects:Random Modding Projects
  •  Coder, Map.ini Coder, Mapper, and Beta Tester

Posted 11 December 2011 - 04:33 PM

There's a longer version of the trailer thing duke_qa posted.

Edited by Spartan184, 11 December 2011 - 04:34 PM.

safsignature.png

#9 duke_Qa

duke_Qa

• Network Staff
  • 3,837 posts

Posted 11 December 2011 - 06:44 PM

I'm fascinated the frostbite 2 engine is being used in a rts. I guess it works fine on large-scale things, so that might be excuse enough.

Also: "they killed all the politicians". lawl, best origin ever :p

#10 Ash

Ash

Foxtrot Oscar.

• Undead
  • 15,526 posts
  • Projects:Robot Storm
  •  Keep calm and carry on.

Posted 11 December 2011 - 07:01 PM

Posted Image

:p

It can't be any worse than the last 5 C&C offerings.

#11 duke_Qa

duke_Qa

• Network Staff
  • 3,837 posts

Posted 11 December 2011 - 08:05 PM

Yeah, mass-effect rpg thingies would be terrible :blink:

I heavily suspect we now get to see the frostbite 2 engine in a hype-war against SC2, with "we're gonna take a chunk of the RTS pie with this classic title!" soundbytes.

I have to say those planes are a bit too sci-fi for me, but Gameplay beats Realism in my world.

Edited by duke_Qa, 11 December 2011 - 08:05 PM.

#12 OmegaBolt

OmegaBolt

Lost In The New Real

• Hosted
  • 6,273 posts
  •  O'Bolt

Posted 11 December 2011 - 08:28 PM

Well it appears to have that just-over-the-top style similar to RA1 so thats alright with me. The campaign could be really nice too with BioWare at the helm, would be great to have the optional/alternate missions back from TD/RA1/TS/TW and should be interesting if it doesn't feature the US as a playable faction.

Posted Image

#13 Ash

Ash

Foxtrot Oscar.

• Undead
  • 15,526 posts
  • Projects:Robot Storm
  •  Keep calm and carry on.

Posted 12 December 2011 - 12:09 PM

Yeh but the EU as a replacement? I can imagine the build-bar:

"Do you have planning permission for that Barracks? Don't forget to conform to EU Diktat 352626773246/A on fire regulations!"

Maybe the Health and Safety Man can bog the enemy tanks down in paperwork and form filling and thus slow the enemy advance... :mellow:

Every time your light infantry fired his gun the poor bastard would have to run all the way back to the barracks and fill out some sort of fucking form. Meanwhile the Chinese/Soviets/Insert 'Numbers whore' faction here can just steamroller right over their bureaucratic ass.

#14 duke_Qa

duke_Qa

• Network Staff
  • 3,837 posts

Posted 12 December 2011 - 01:45 PM

Would love to see the GLA/whatevers to have some Russian ultranationalists in their design. Those are pretty decent bad-guys in MW, and they'd function pretty well in a RTS as well. Gas-mask troopers and hordes of russian tanks with evil evil terrorist leaders with nukes, good times.

#15 Hostile

Hostile

Benefitting Humanity Simply by Showing Up!

• Veterans
  • 9,551 posts
  •  T3A Founder
  • Job:Global Administrator
  • Donated
  • Association

Posted 12 December 2011 - 02:52 PM

Yeh but the EU as a replacement? I can imagine the build-bar:

"Do you have planning permission for that Barracks? Don't forget to conform to EU Diktat 352626773246/A on fire regulations!"

Maybe the Health and Safety Man can bog the enemy tanks down in paperwork and form filling and thus slow the enemy advance... :mellow:

Every time your light infantry fired his gun the poor bastard would have to run all the way back to the barracks and fill out some sort of fucking form. Meanwhile the Chinese/Soviets/Insert 'Numbers whore' faction here can just steamroller right over their bureaucratic ass.

Trully LOL

If they can have 12 factions in generals one, why can't they have Russia as well as China. EU, GLA, USA. EU is sorta useless as an army anyway. Do they still even issue ammo anymore? Should be NATO and combine the two factions USA and EU.

"NATO forces are closing in on the GLA compound commander."

Stuff like that.

#16 Soul

Soul

Divine Chaos

• Project Team
  • 3,781 posts

Posted 12 December 2011 - 04:30 PM

In the games storyline all Politicians are dead and only Generals remain to lead apparently.

Edited by Soul, 12 December 2011 - 04:32 PM.

Posted ImagePosted Image

Soul 2.4

#17 Radspakr Wolfbane

Radspakr Wolfbane

The John Farnham of modding

• Members
  • 7,722 posts
  • Projects:Comeback tour
  •  The Retired Beard

Posted 12 December 2011 - 05:38 PM

Frostbite 2 is said to greatly improve this "flaky" pipeline, and DICE has not ruled out the feasibility of releasing mod tools for it.

I just read this on the Frostbite wikipedia page.
So modding may be possible.

Break dancing into the hearts of millions

#18 duke_Qa

duke_Qa

• Network Staff
  • 3,837 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 06:33 PM

Bad news, Generals 2 is now named Command and Conquer and has gone F2P. and is one of the first F2P c&c games from EA... Also, Bioware seems to have dropped out of the deal.

but at least they made a new trailer
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kjZEInQZA0c

This makes me want to start doing a indie game in the vein of the good-old games.

Edited by duke_Qa, 15 August 2012 - 06:34 PM.

#19 OmegaBolt

OmegaBolt

Lost In The New Real

• Hosted
  • 6,273 posts
  •  O'Bolt

Posted 15 August 2012 - 07:16 PM

Where did it say Bioware dropped out? Didn't notice that, if so then it's even worse than I expected.

Yes this prejudgement of games is pathetic but fuck me I wish they'd just keep it simple. I don't need early announcements, screenshots and trailers, I don't want the developers to pander to the audience, I just want an interesting story experience with decent gameplay and at least the potential for lasting life span, which net connection and login immediately removes.

This makes me want to start doing a indie game in the vein of the good-old games.

Yes please.

Posted Image

#20 duke_Qa

duke_Qa

• Network Staff
  • 3,837 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 09:36 PM

Seems to have dropped out, as their name was no longer a talking point, which I'd guess means they'd get in trouble if they lied about it.

After the good fortunes they had with that html5 web-based tiberium thing, I do hope they know what they are doing now. I suspect they do it for the anti-piracy and tiny chunks of cash.

Yes please.

Its a thought at least. I suspect something that heavily resembles tiberian dawn/Ra1(ra2) would be doable by 3-5 guys on a cooperation-basis over a few years. No promises though, I'm too good at making promises and falling short of expectations. But this is the right forum to pitch the idea in.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users