#1 duke_Qa

duke_Qa

I've had this avatar since... 2003?

• Network Staff
  • 3,837 posts
  • Division:Revora
  • Job:Artist

Posted 02 December 2011 - 12:23 PM

This video was pretty fascinating in that it gives concrete examples of the change that algorithms is having on our globe. The sad part is its primarily for earning money on the stock market, that all of these events are being performed. But I think that once we get a few more steps along the way, these things could be useful for other things as well.

"I give you private information on corporations for free and I'm a villain. Mark Zuckerberg gives your private information to corporations for money and he's 'Man of the Year.'" - Assange

#2 duke_Qa

duke_Qa

I've had this avatar since... 2003?

• Network Staff
  • 3,837 posts
  • Division:Revora
  • Job:Artist

Posted 06 December 2011 - 01:38 PM

Another film today from a scientist that put up 1984 style cameras all over his home to analyze how children learn words. Then the same system gets used on TV and the internet to cross-reference and create "Zeitgeist" clouds that talk about what a society is focused on at that moment, which is quite awesome and sobering at the same time.

Edited by duke_Qa, 06 December 2011 - 01:39 PM.

"I give you private information on corporations for free and I'm a villain. Mark Zuckerberg gives your private information to corporations for money and he's 'Man of the Year.'" - Assange

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users