SEE Dáin II Ironfoot

• Please log in to reply
209 replies to this topic

#121 ThorinOakenshield2

ThorinOakenshield2
  • Members
  • 205 posts

Posted 08 June 2015 - 05:28 AM

^^As King Dain said, I also like his final look in the movie a bit more.
I like the hammer more, I think it fits him better than his red axe. But I like the idea of an upgrade for him in which to get the cape, hammer and helm.

#122 King Dain II Ironfoot

King Dain II Ironfoot

King Under the Mountain of Erebor

• Project Team
  • 193 posts
  • Projects:THL

Posted 08 June 2015 - 05:32 AM

True the Hammer fits him quite good,in first I was dissapointed when he wasn't with the Red Axe but I grown to like the One Handed Hammer it looked really cool and only if we have seen Dain using it more in more screen from him in Battle it would have been good and may be less Headbuttings :D :D :D

I will not stand down before any Elf not least this faithless Woodland Sprite,he wishes nothing but ill upon my people....Ya think I give a dead dog about your treats  you Pointy Ear Princess...          WklE62A.png

You hear that lads..we're on...let's give these bastards a good hammering...Tanar Durin nur!!....

#123 ThorinOakenshield2

ThorinOakenshield2
  • Members
  • 205 posts

Posted 08 June 2015 - 05:47 AM

^^I think we will be very delighted when we see more of Dain and his awesome hammer in the Extended Edition of BOTFA :D

#124 King Dain II Ironfoot

King Dain II Ironfoot

• Project Team
  • 193 posts

Posted 08 June 2015 - 06:39 AM

I hope that we will see a lot more fro mthe Battle itslef and Dain and Thranduil and thoes Ram Cavalry,War Charitos and Ballistas and even the Burial of Thorin and Coronation of Dain it will aesome if we get to see all of that!!!The Movie looked uncomplete without the those!!And deffinetly we need more Battle after all its title is the Battle of the Five Armies XD XD XD

I will not stand down before any Elf not least this faithless Woodland Sprite,he wishes nothing but ill upon my people....Ya think I give a dead dog about your treats  you Pointy Ear Princess...          WklE62A.png

You hear that lads..we're on...let's give these bastards a good hammering...Tanar Durin nur!!....

#125 ThrandyBanned

ThrandyBanned

Sith Lord Of Mirkwood

• Banned
  • 321 posts
  • Projects:The Battlefront Mod For Warband
  •  Skinner,Modeler,Coder

Posted 08 June 2015 - 07:03 AM

HOLLLLLYYYYYY TATERS!!!THAT'S EPIC.NAZZIE THATS SOOOOOO EPIC

#126 ThorinOakenshield2

ThorinOakenshield2
  • Members
  • 205 posts

Posted 08 June 2015 - 07:20 AM

I hope that we will see a lot more fro mthe Battle itslef and Dain and Thranduil and thoes Ram Cavalry,War Charitos and Ballistas and even the Burial of Thorin and Coronation of Dain it will aesome if we get to see all of that!!!The Movie looked uncomplete without the those!!And deffinetly we need more Battle after all its title is the Battle of the Five Armies XD XD XD

Yeah, it will be awesome to see more of the battle (which will surely happen :D)!

#127 King Dain II Ironfoot

King Dain II Ironfoot

• Project Team
  • 193 posts

Posted 13 June 2015 - 06:35 AM

I'll probably go with this:

...start out without the cape, the helmet and the axe, using the hammer. Then we add a button called Royal Assets, or something... and when buying the upgrade, Dain gets the helmet, the cape and the axe, with increased armor, damage and Leadership?

I am 10000% agree with this idea!!Sicne I always like him more without the Helmet in the Movie and was really 50/50 with the Axe and the Warhammer9not Mattock) sicne the Axe is more lore and his famous Balde but the Hammer looked so badass when Dain wielded it and I couldnt decide,but this way there is a possiblityto play him the way everyone wnat!!! :) But I think the Fur Coat must be there fro mthe begining it differs him fro mhis normal Sodliers and shows that he is the Lord! :)

#128 ThorinOakenshield2

ThorinOakenshield2
  • Members
  • 205 posts

Posted 13 June 2015 - 12:13 PM

^^I would prefer Dain to wield the hammer when he gets the fur cape and helmet, the axe suits him better when he is without the helmet :)

#129 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  • Projects:BFME2 - Nazgûl's Special Extended Edition
  •  Veteran

Posted 13 June 2015 - 05:55 PM

The problem are the anims...

- Dain anims: One handed weapon, with cape.

- Gloin anims: Two handed weapon. No cape.

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
"Do not come between the Nazgûl and his mod!"
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> I S.E.E. YOU! <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#130 Rider of Rohan

Rider of Rohan

The Lazy Modder

• Division Leaders
  • 1,555 posts
  • Projects:Age of the Ring and the HD Editions
  •  Mathijs' Bug fix expert
  • Division:BFME
  • Job:T3A Leader

Posted 13 June 2015 - 06:06 PM

The problem are the anims...

- Dain anims: One handed weapon, with cape.

- Gloin anims: Two handed weapon. No cape.

- Gimli: Two handed with cape :p
He could be rigged to Gloin as well if the binder is successful in rigging the Cape appropriately.

99dxc486ltde132zg.jpgh5je9noaofg3o26zg.jpg

No parent should have to bury their child - King Theoden

#131 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 13 June 2015 - 06:25 PM

Yeah I know. Valheru did an awesome job rigging Fimbul with cape to the orc SKL that have no cape. It looks convincing, but it's static and won't move/flow off course. Forgot about Gimli... that's true. Might look good for Dain with cape :p

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg

#132 King Dain II Ironfoot

King Dain II Ironfoot

• Project Team
  • 193 posts

Posted 13 June 2015 - 07:53 PM

And Dain with bigger cape.I hope '!:-D Joking! :-)

#133 njm1983

njm1983

title available

• Project Team
  • 2,867 posts

Posted 13 June 2015 - 08:12 PM

I have a complaint about gimlis animations though. His movement animations stick out so much - it'll bug me. I just know it. Not that this all about me. Lol

#134 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 13 June 2015 - 09:27 PM

Yeah, Dain and Gloin anims look better, I agree. Might be cause Gimli is BFME1 and the others are BFME2

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg

#135 MattTheLegoman

MattTheLegoman

LEGO Knight of Minas Ithil

• T3A Staff
  • 3,669 posts
  • Projects:Mapping this Middle-earth
  •  Mapper
  • Division:BFME
  • Job:T3A Staff

Posted 13 June 2015 - 11:40 PM

Don't forget about this though. I know these two guys want lots and lots of stuff, but logic and sensibility please.

It makes sense using the Red Axe as part of The Coronation of Dain Ironfoot, because we don't see it in the movies, yet it is in the book.

Edited by MattTheLegoman, 13 June 2015 - 11:50 PM.

• Nazgûl likes this

Remember that all worlds draw to an end and that noble death is a treasure which no one is too poor to buy. - C.S. Lewis

There will come a time when you believe everything is finished. That will be the beginning. - Louis L'Amour

What will matter then will be people. If relationships will matter most then, shouldn't they matter most now? - Max Lucado

#136 Lauri

Lauri

Old man Lauri

• Hosted
  • 10,436 posts
  • Projects:The 4th Age
  •  The very worst T3A Team Chamber Member

Posted 14 June 2015 - 09:15 AM

Gimli's anims probably look silly because he's comic relief in the movies, and thus move weird in the game.

• Nazgûl likes this

T4A_Logo_-_article.png

The 4th Age version 0.8 has been released: Link

#137 King Dain II Ironfoot

King Dain II Ironfoot

• Project Team
  • 193 posts

Posted 14 June 2015 - 10:16 AM

True!! And I so.didn't like it!It was too much comedy moments and mostly.with.the Dwarf!!

#138 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 17 June 2015 - 10:36 PM

Back on topic... the model. This week, and the week before has been heavy at work. I've litterally come home only to crash like Arnold in Kindergarden Cop  :aarock:

Anyways, should be done with topology of the body soon...

Dain_Topo1.jpg

• Rider of Rohan likes this

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg

#139 King Dain II Ironfoot

King Dain II Ironfoot

• Project Team
  • 193 posts

Posted 18 June 2015 - 12:39 PM

Nice!!Your hard work is paying off big time,really great work! :)

So you have decided to use the Model in which his Shoulde Armor is Visible!? :)

#140 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 18 June 2015 - 02:21 PM

There are no multimple models. It's the same model, with several meshes (like the cape). The shape of the cape can be adjusted at any time, even right before rigging. So we'll see. I don't find that particual detail as important as you do.

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users