Photo

I wonder if we could make a mission based on what might have happened in the Pacific theater during the Second Great War?

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#1 isaac103

isaac103

title available

• Members
  • 357 posts

Posted 07 May 2017 - 04:30 AM

So I was wondering if maybe a mission could be done based in the Pacific theater during the Second Great War. I am very curious as to how the Arizona memorial came about as a result of the Second Great War (without Nazi Germany being in the picture)

#2 doctormedic

doctormedic

Giver of Demolition trucks

• Members
  • 508 posts

Posted 07 May 2017 - 09:47 AM

It was probably added by westwood ironicaly because hitler was removed by einstain so the memorial wouldnt technicaly exist in the same context as it is now.

#3 isaac103

isaac103

title available

• Members
  • 357 posts

Posted 07 May 2017 - 02:56 PM

It was probably added by westwood ironicaly because hitler was removed by einstain so the memorial wouldnt technicaly exist in the same context as it is now.

What do you mean? Care to explain?

#4 doctormedic

doctormedic

• Members
  • 508 posts

Posted 08 May 2017 - 09:37 AM

The arizona memorial alongside some of the other monuments like the Iwo Jima Memorial shouldnt actualy exist as the events never happened,likewise the arizona memorial shouldnt exist as pearl harbor never happened,it was added by westwood mostly to troll people who knew about historical events.

Edited by doctormedic, 08 May 2017 - 09:37 AM.

• isaac103 likes this

#5 OmegaBolt

OmegaBolt

Lost In The New Real

• Hosted
  • 6,273 posts
  • Projects:Red-Resurrection
  •  O'Bolt

Posted 08 May 2017 - 11:01 AM

Hitler didn't make the Japanese do what they did, it would likely have still happened (presumably it did, because the monuments were there). If the US had still built up it's navy in the pacific and embargoed Japan for their war in China, they would still have attacked Pearl Harbour regardless of whether Hitler was around or not. Korea wouldn't be an independent country either if the Japanese empire didn't fall somehow.

• Directive255 and isaac103 like this

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#6 X1Destroy

X1Destroy

title available

• Members
  • 660 posts

Posted 08 May 2017 - 12:06 PM

That raised another question. China was also attacked by Soviet during RA1. If the Japanese was already there, then whose side were they on?
There is no Germany to back them up in a world war anymore. Would it be sane for them to fight both Soviet and Allied forces?

Edited by X1Destroy, 08 May 2017 - 12:07 PM.

"Protecting the land of the Free."
efXH1rz.png

#7 isaac103

isaac103

title available

• Members
  • 357 posts

Posted 08 May 2017 - 03:16 PM

And I wonder what sort of equipment the Japanese and the Americans would use during this second alternative World War II during Japan's attack on Pearl Harbor......helicopters? xD

Edited by isaac103, 09 May 2017 - 05:04 AM.

#8 doctormedic

doctormedic

• Members
  • 508 posts

Posted 13 May 2017 - 10:20 AM

Cue chinise infantry men with m16 rifles

• isaac103 likes this

#9 Solais

Solais

Conspiracy Theorist

• Members
  • 1,648 posts

Posted 13 May 2017 - 12:46 PM

Lore-wise there was definitely something between the US and Japan, since Japan only recently became independent from the US, so I'd love to see a prequel mission/campaign about that. Maybe it could be added to the "Covert Operations", like where Achetype will be added in 3.3.2.

• isaac103 likes this

#10 isaac103

isaac103

title available

• Members
  • 357 posts

Posted 13 May 2017 - 05:35 PM

But question is, how do we make a mission like that but still be respectful to those that lost their lives in the real-life attack? 

#11 need my speed

need my speed

For Soviet people!

• Hosted
  • 1,290 posts

Posted 13 May 2017 - 11:30 PM

But question is, how do we make a mission like that but still be respectful to those that lost their lives in the real-life attack? 

How do you create Wolfenstein / Call of Duty / Red Alert 2 / whatever, but still be respectful to those that lost their lives in WWII?

• Initiate likes this
Please, if you see a mistake in my posts - spelling, grammar, punctuation, or whatever else - point it out. How can one learn from mistakes, if one is not corrected?
There is no wealth like knowledge, no poverty like ignorance.

#12 isaac103

isaac103

title available

• Members
  • 357 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 02:01 PM

How do you create Wolfenstein / Call of Duty / Red Alert 2 / whatever, but still be respectful to those that lost their lives in WWII?

lol I guess we should throw that question out the window entirely? o.o

#13 isaac103

isaac103

title available

• Members
  • 357 posts

Posted 09 October 2017 - 03:25 PM

Is anyone still open to the idea of creating a prequel mission during the Second Great War in the Pacific theater?

#14 UNSC THE CHILL OF WAR

UNSC THE CHILL OF WAR

title available

• Members
  • 329 posts

Posted 09 October 2017 - 04:38 PM

I am.
It'd be interesting to see what uts like
Or just simply MOre missions

#15 Handepsilon

Handepsilon

Firestorm Gnome

• Members
  • 2,325 posts
  • Projects:Renegade X: Firestorm
  •  *intensely rolls around*

Posted 10 October 2017 - 01:56 AM

If you want, you should make that mission in RA1, considering their tech is different in 2nd Great War

I like gnomes

YunruThinkEmoji.png

Visit us in Totem Arts site
(Firestorm is still SoonTM)

#16 isaac103

isaac103

title available

• Members
  • 357 posts

Posted 10 October 2017 - 02:33 AM

If you want, you should make that mission in RA1, considering their tech is different in 2nd Great War

It shouldn't be too hard to make it here in MO (unless we don't have assets to create such new models that is) :/

#17 Handepsilon

Handepsilon

Firestorm Gnome

• Members
  • 2,325 posts
  • Projects:Renegade X: Firestorm
  •  *intensely rolls around*

Posted 10 October 2017 - 02:50 AM

Well, if that was to be considered, it would most likely set progress back further just to get the models, and even further to get it all scripted. Sure we got the RA1 buildings, but remember tanks and vehicles would also need to be included.

I like gnomes

YunruThinkEmoji.png

Visit us in Totem Arts site
(Firestorm is still SoonTM)

#18 isaac103

isaac103

title available

• Members
  • 357 posts

Posted 10 October 2017 - 03:41 AM

Maybe Act 2 can be finished first before moving onto other things. That'll be better I suppose.

#19 Meyerm

Meyerm

Commisar

• Members
  • 716 posts

Posted 10 October 2017 - 05:03 AM

My theory was that the War in the Pacific still happened, but Japan stood alone, and without another theater to pull enemy forces away, America, Britain, and maybe a few others bear down on Japan and subjugate it in time for the alternate WW2 to take place in Europe.  

#20 isaac103

isaac103

title available

• Members
  • 357 posts

Posted 10 October 2017 - 05:28 AM

Well, if that was to be considered, it would most likely set progress back further just to get the models, and even further to get it all scripted. Sure we got the RA1 buildings, but remember tanks and vehicles would also need to be included.

Oh and also, is there a way to code in a proper landing and take-off sequence for aircraft so it seems realistic or is that not possible in RA2's engine?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users