screencaps no game ui slowmotion fast-forward

24 replies to this topic

#1 mdcertainty

mdcertainty

Sage-Otaku-Monk

• Members
  • 329 posts

Posted 07 November 2017 - 08:50 AM

I thought it would be nice to share some nifty screencaps I think only the ones without UI do qualify. To be able to do that you start the game wiht the DEV exe command and put the autoexec I've added to this post in your Soulstorm main directory (extract it!). This autoexec gives you some special options like:

• "shift+tab" makes taskbar and all elemets invisible, toggle-able
  • F1 = super slowmotion
  • F2 = slowmotion
  • F3 = regular gamespeed
  • F4 = super speed set to your liking carefuly heavy load on the PC the higher the value (set to 4000)
  • F5 = invisible selection circles, toggle-able
  • F6 = invisible all health and progress bars, toggle-able
  • F7 = cursor hide
  • F8 = cursor show
  • F9 = FOW -> Reveals/hides the map, toggle-able

I suggest you use the spoiler tags so the thread keeps some overview if it might grow that is you never know. To use the spoiler tages simply type

[spoiler]your text to be placed here or image in this case[/spoiler]

If we have some sweet caps I might, or whoever feels like it, convert them to loadingscreens for instance, or we share just for the fun of it.
Soulstorm is still a beauty with settings maxed-up. Without further yaddayadda here goes.

Attached Files

Edited by mdcertainty, 18 April 2018 - 08:45 AM.

• Shodar87 , Gambit , Kekoulis and 1 other like this

ec-sig-early.gif

#2 mdcertainty

mdcertainty

Sage-Otaku-Monk

• Members
  • 329 posts

Posted 07 November 2017 - 08:53 AM

I suggest you use a hoster that doesn't reduce image quality. In my case I used http://www.directupload.net/ in the thread I post the images in original size simply rightclick the image and pick show for full view.

Spoiler

Edited by mdcertainty, 07 November 2017 - 09:02 AM.

ec-sig-early.gif

#3 Roderick

Roderick

3d models loota

• Members
  • 1,941 posts

Posted 07 November 2017 - 02:43 PM

Which settings are you using for the graphics and camera? I see no shadows but the textures look good.

Moreover, is there any option to save screenshots in a better image quality rather than jpeg? Is there some hidden setting about the size of the files?

Edited by Roderick, 07 November 2017 - 02:46 PM.

#4 Roderick

Roderick

3d models loota

• Members
  • 1,941 posts

Posted 07 November 2017 - 02:56 PM

Ideally you can play a game, record it and then playback it with:

a) the option -forcehighpoly in the shortcut to get the more detailed models, particularly for the buildings.

b) the enabled setting fullres_teamcolour=1 in the local.ini. (By default and for playing it's better to disable it!)

With the additional camera mods and autoexec toggles and speed sets you can made any video and screenshot nicely.

Not recommended of course for MP or even singleplaying, at the default zoom of a proper game you lose all the details anyway so that the settings are not so necessary. High quality terrain textures or shadows and lights do much better for the gaming experience in my opinion.

http://www.rakrent.c.../html/dow05.htm

Edited by Roderick, 07 November 2017 - 02:57 PM.

• mdcertainty likes this

#5 mdcertainty

mdcertainty

Sage-Otaku-Monk

• Members
  • 329 posts

Posted 07 November 2017 - 10:00 PM

Which settings are you using for the graphics and camera? I see no shadows but the textures look good.

All maxed but I skip shadows and have them disabled almost all the time. Camera setting would be from the IDH trailer I guess posted that in my other thread if you want to grab that.

Moreover, is there any option to save screenshots in a better image quality rather than jpeg? Is there some hidden setting about the size of the files?

I was referring to the image hoster in the web. If I want max image quality I use FRAPS and setup png as file format however the default way using the print key is as well not to bad infact I guess its almost non compressed. And yes I use a) and b)

Nice webpage there I'll check it out to be sure I use all tricks available to make the most out of good 'ol DoW.

ec-sig-early.gif

#6 Kasrkin84

Kasrkin84

title available

• Members
  • 329 posts
  • Projects:Strongholds, Unification

Posted 30 November 2017 - 02:44 AM

Ideally you can play a game, record it and then playback it with:

a) the option -forcehighpoly in the shortcut to get the more detailed models, particularly for the buildings.

b) the enabled setting fullres_teamcolour=1 in the local.ini. (By default and for playing it's better to disable it!)

With the additional camera mods and autoexec toggles and speed sets you can made any video and screenshot nicely.

Not recommended of course for MP or even singleplaying, at the default zoom of a proper game you lose all the details anyway so that the settings are not so necessary. High quality terrain textures or shadows and lights do much better for the gaming experience in my opinion.

http://www.rakrent.c.../html/dow05.htm

You can also set screenantialias=1 in local.ini for anti-aliasing. Not too useful for normal play though as it makes the UI a little blurry, but good for screenshots.

#7 Gambit

Gambit

title available

• Members
  • 6,718 posts

Posted 04 December 2017 - 10:47 AM

I also have also forced the AA and AF image enhancements from the GFX card drivers (x8 and x16).

-In search of Papasmurf...

#8 Roderick

Roderick

3d models loota

• Members
  • 1,941 posts

Posted 09 February 2018 - 02:13 PM

I found a nice set of maps from the DC Mod DOW Kingdom (which also features an adapted campaign). I really like the color palette, the new environment models and the moonlight. Probably they qualify to get good screenshots.

#9 mdcertainty

mdcertainty

Sage-Otaku-Monk

• Members
  • 329 posts

Posted 16 February 2018 - 08:36 AM

Start the game in -dev mode as described in my 1st post and hit

• F5 = invisible selection circles
  • F6 = invisible all health and progress bars

to remove those elements and hit those keys again to get them back. It is described in the 1st post just read it properly please.

• Industrial_Strength likes this

ec-sig-early.gif

#10 Roderick

Roderick

3d models loota

• Members
  • 1,941 posts

Posted 19 February 2018 - 07:40 PM

afaik the cover icon wasn't as easy to remove or am I wrong?

#11 Gambit

Gambit

title available

• Members
  • 6,718 posts

Posted 19 February 2018 - 08:20 PM

... I do not know about this. But if it IS difficult, you can always replace the cover icons TGAs, with... empty ones - or even temporarily rename the cover events :p

#12 mdcertainty

mdcertainty

Sage-Otaku-Monk

• Members
  • 329 posts

Posted 21 February 2018 - 01:48 PM

I remember I replaced all cover signs for all mods and vanilla with empty .dds/.tga files [thus you see nothing] guess I could upload that but to bad I'm busy modding/playing elsewhere so it has to wait.

Hehe this thread was meant for screencaps but I guess we stuck on the mumbojumbo which the thread also states thus we are right on topic.

:D

ec-sig-early.gif

#13 Industrial_Strength

Industrial_Strength

Diesel Powered

• Members
  • 192 posts
  • Projects:Surviving (RL), DOW 1
  •  S/A: Random Delays [See Profile]

Posted 22 February 2018 - 02:32 AM

Mumbo-Jumbo.

:grin:
"I do what I can to serve the public."

#14 Kasrkin84

Kasrkin84

title available

• Members
  • 329 posts

Posted 25 February 2018 - 04:59 PM

The Scar function Util_NIS_ToggleModifierEvents( player, state ) will remove these unwanted elements (builder icons, cover icons, morale broken).

• mdcertainty and Gambit like this

#15 mdcertainty

mdcertainty

Sage-Otaku-Monk

• Members
  • 329 posts

Posted 25 February 2018 - 09:12 PM

That is a very good hint thank you (I've added it to the 1st post), however it can only be applied for a game and is enable. Most of the time you check a replay for screencaps and this scar can not be applied to a replay if this scar wasn't active in the recorded game right?

Edited by mdcertainty, 25 February 2018 - 09:13 PM.

ec-sig-early.gif

#16 Kasrkin84

Kasrkin84

title available

• Members
  • 329 posts

Posted 25 February 2018 - 09:18 PM

Never really used replays before, so I couldn't say for sure.

I suppose you could try adding it to a key binding in autoexec.lua and seeing what happens.

• mdcertainty likes this

#17 mdcertainty

mdcertainty

Sage-Otaku-Monk

• Members
  • 329 posts

Posted 25 February 2018 - 11:02 PM

I've tried it this way

bind("shift+tab", "toggle_screenmode()")
bind("F1","Util_NIS_ToggleModifierEvents( player, state )")
bind("F2","setsimrate(4)")
bind("F3","setsimrate(8)")
bind("F4","setsimrate(500)")
bind("F5","ingame_stats_toggle()")
bind("F6","ingame_select_ui_toggle()")
bind("F7","cursor_hide()")
bind("F8","cursor_show()")

And have loaded a saved game all works but not the Util_NIS_ToggleModifierEvents did I do something wrong in the code. Hiting F1 does nothing I only checked the builder icon so far as you stated it would disappear.

Edited by mdcertainty, 25 February 2018 - 11:03 PM.

ec-sig-early.gif

#18 Kasrkin84

Kasrkin84

title available

• Members
  • 329 posts

Posted 26 February 2018 - 04:27 AM

You haven't set the variables for the function correctly. "player" needs to be a player ID, and "state" must be either true or false (false will remove the FX). So, something like this:

Util_NIS_ToggleModifierEvents( World_GetPlayerAt( 0 ), false )

#19 Gambit

Gambit

title available

• Members
  • 6,718 posts

Posted 26 February 2018 - 10:49 AM

I guess, instead of World_GetPlayerAt( 0 ) he could use World_GetPlayerAt( Tut_GetLocalPlayerIndex() ) for the local player, or even a FOR loop removing all players' FXes....

It could also be togleable :grad:

Edited by Gambit, 26 February 2018 - 10:49 AM.

#20 mdcertainty

mdcertainty

Sage-Otaku-Monk

• Members
  • 329 posts

Posted 26 February 2018 - 11:02 AM

@Gambit

Could you just post the code that would be used since some of us (like myself) do not have a clue about scar, and toggleable would be best and for ALL players.... THANKs

:p

Also is it possible to add many functions to just one keybinding, like removing all the aspects regarding GUI I've post in the 1st post? I guess so but is it?

@Kasrkin84

Thanks will test that ASAP

Edited by mdcertainty, 26 February 2018 - 11:08 AM.

ec-sig-early.gif

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users