Source material for Lore-abiding Rhun faction plans

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Emperor of the East

Emperor of the East

A simple guy who likes to think factually

• Members
  • 290 posts
  • Projects:Easterling Faction for RotWK and the Planet Thertia novels.

Posted 13 June 2018 - 12:45 AM

Hello, people of Revora. I know everything about what I am posting... except for where to post it, so I am posting it here. Basically, this is me reflecting on something that the Revora user Namo said and applying it in a way that I think will be of utmost use to Bfme series modders everywhere. Anyway, here is what I know about the Easterlings... researching into lots of Tolkien lore, but only into Tolkien lore.

-

Concerning Khamul.

• Once a grand king of the Easterling land of Rhun, then he got a Ring of Power and it turned him into Sauron's second deadliest servant to only the Witch-King. Khamul is now the second in command of the Nine Ringwraiths.
  • By the year 2251 of the Second Age, he became a Ringwraith and then lived to be at least 4200 years of age.
  • He was the Ringwraith who asked Hamfast Gamgee about Shire and Baggins.

Easterlings' physical appearance

• Black or Brown haired (aka dark hair)
  • Somewhat shorter than Dunedain (so somewhat shorter than 6'4")
  • A lifespan of 80 to 100 years
  • Swarthy skinned (think of 'tanned skin')
  • No definite clarification on eye color

Easterling weaponry

• Swords
  • Spears
  • Bows
  • Horses
  • Chariots
  • War wagons
  • Axes

Easterling Army Units

• Swordsmen
  • Spearmen
  • Bowmen on foot
  • Bowmen on horses
  • Charioteers
  • War Wagons
  • Spear-armed Horsemen
  • Axemen

Easterling Battles in LotR novel trilogy

• Battle of Dale
  • Battle of Gondor
  • Battle of Morannon

Easterling Language

• History of Middle-earth's chapter on Dwarves and Men described Easterling language as 'more similar to Dwarvish than to any Elvish speeches'
  • The closest human language to Dwarvish is Adunaic
  • And the Easterlings have had more contact with Dwarves and Ancient Numenor than anyone else before 2251 of the Second Age
  • Plus the Easterlings in the movies speak only two lines, both in a Dwarven-sounding language that is not Dwarvish.

-

Combined with the excellent armor and weapon designs from Weta Workshop and the building designs EA Games put into the Rhun map in Battle for Middle-earth 2, I am sure I just made it easier for everyone to make a Lore-abiding Rhun faction for Bfme mods. Thanks, everyone for reading this!

-

~Easterling Emperor~

"You cannot know anything; only suspect. You must suspect to be wrong. To have overlooked, something, anticipate."

~Malik Al-Sayf, from the original Assassin's Creed from 2007

Yes, I do live by this advice to the best of my ability.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users