kanes wrath launcher origin start error

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 kevman237

kevman237
  • New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 August 2018 - 01:10 AM

Hey all. Tonight, I wanted to play Kane's Wrath (Ultimate Collection, Origin) for the first time in over a year, and I couldn't remember the order in which to launch. I tried every combination, and it doesn't work. I launch Origin and the C&C Online launcher in admin mode.

1. When I first run the launcher in admin mode and then click the "Kane's Wrath" button, it opens a duplicate window. When I do the same in the duplicate window, it launches Origin, and then both launcher windows freeze. Meanwhile, Origin claims I'm playing the game.

2. When I try launching the game through Origin, it opens the C&C Online launcher. Then if I click the "Kane's Wrath" button, it goes back to Origin (then freezes), and Origin claims I'm playing.

To make matters more confusing, one of the launcher windows has a Kane's Wrath icon instead of the normal launcher icon.

I'm on Win10 x64. The game is hooked, and Origin In-Game is disabled.

Here's the log:

----- C&C:Online Launcher Start -----
Game: Kane's Wrath
Kane's Wrath Install Path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Command and Conquer 3 TW and KW\Command Conquer 3 Kanes Wrath\
Started game with: "CNC3EP1.exe "C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Command and Conquer 3 TW and KW\Command Conquer 3 Kanes Wrath\CnC3EP1.exe" "
Caught CREATE_PROCESS_DEBUG_EVENT from Kane's Wrath. Detaching...
ERROR: game.dat process not found.

Kane's Wrath Install Path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Command and Conquer 3 TW and KW\Command Conquer 3 Kanes Wrath\
Started game with: "CNC3EP1.exe "C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Command and Conquer 3 TW and KW\Command Conquer 3 Kanes Wrath\CnC3EP1.exe" "

Started game with: "CNC3EP1.exe "C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Command and Conquer 3 TW and KW\Command Conquer 3 Kanes Wrath\CnC3EP1.exe" -game CNC3EP1"
Caught CREATE_PROCESS_DEBUG_EVENT from KanERROR: game.dat process not found.

NOTE: The last entry in the log was after I tried unhooking the game and just launching it through Origin. When I did that, NOTHING happened whatsoever, except Origin still claimed I was playing the game.

I'm rushing this post out of frustration, so sorry if details are missing! Thanks!

#2 ToxicShock

ToxicShock

Gamereplays.org Staff

• Division Leaders
  • 9,685 posts
  • Projects:Shatabrick C&C Player Database
  •  I have blue text?
  • Division:C&C:Online
  • Job:C&C:Online Leader

Posted 16 August 2018 - 07:17 AM

I have sent you a PM with a solution which we're testing. If anyone else wants that solution to try, please make your own topic and post your error log.

Gamereplays.org staff - Shatabrick admin.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users