steam fail to start

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 LeftwardGlobe16

LeftwardGlobe16
  • New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 05 February 2019 - 04:33 AM

I've downloaded the C&C online launcher. I haven't hooked it, and whenever I try to launch the game, I see the C&C 3 logo pop up in the middle of my screen before promptly disappearing without the game starting.
   I've been trying to fix this with two of my friends for the past hour and none of us have figured it out. One of us tried verifying game files, nothing. We started the launcher in administrator mode, nothing. We started the game normally then clicked the online button, game crashed and I had to restart my PC (as per usual). 
   I've seen at least two other threads where this issue has been brought up and for some reason (which I am sure is a good one, but, I do find this kind of behavior puzzling), the solution has been delivered via PM. My friends and I would very much appreciate this solution. Thankyou and have a wonderful day.

#2 ToxicShock

ToxicShock

Gamereplays.org Staff

• Division Leaders
  • 9,685 posts
  • Projects:Shatabrick C&C Player Database
  •  I have blue text?
  • Division:C&C:Online
  • Job:C&C:Online Leader

Posted 06 February 2019 - 07:44 AM

Please could you post your error log; see How to Report Issues  for instructions.

Gamereplays.org staff - Shatabrick admin.

#3 thinhcan

thinhcan
  • New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 March 2019 - 12:52 AM

Hello,

I'm having the same issue. I'm running windows 10 and I have Tiberium Wars on Steam. Initially I had the "CA public key patching routine failed" message. I then followed some instructions on this forum and changed my compatibility for the C&C online to "windows xp service pack 3". No more patching routine fail message, but now I'm having the same issue as OP.

Below is my error log. Thanks in advance! Any help is much appreciated.

----- C&C:Online Launcher Start -----
Game: C&C3
C&C3 Install Path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Command and Conquer 3 Tiberium Wars\
Started game with: "CNC3.exe "
Caught CREATE_PROCESS_DEBUG_EVENT from C&C3. Detaching...
Found game.dat process. PID 5160
*** Starting CA public key patching routine ***
CA public key is expected value.
Successfully patched CA public key.
*** Starting hostname hooking routine ***
Injecting DLL into game.dat process...
Result of injection: Code -1073741582

C&C3 Install Path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Command and Conquer 3 Tiberium Wars\
Found game.dat process. PID 51607560
ERROR: Reading process memory failed. Error: Only part of a ReadProcessMemory or WriteProcessMemory request was completed.

ERROR: Reading process memory failed. Error: Only part of a ReadProcessMemory or WriteProcessMemory request was completed.

ERROR: CA public key differs from expected value. Not patching.
ERROR: CA public key patching routine failed.

Found game.dat process. PID 5160756019128

ERROR: CA public key differs from expected value. Not patching.
ERROR: CA public key patching routine failed.

ERROR: game.dat process not found.

ERROR: CreateProcess() failed to start C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Command and Conquer 3 Tiberium Wars\CNC3.exe. Error: The requested operation requires elevation.

ERROR: Unable to launch C&C3

ERROR: CreateProcess() failed to start C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Command and Conquer 3 Tiberium Wars\CNC3.exe. Error: The requested operation requires elevation.

ERROR: Unable to launch C&C3

#4 ToxicShock

ToxicShock

Gamereplays.org Staff

• Division Leaders
  • 9,685 posts
  • Projects:Shatabrick C&C Player Database
  •  I have blue text?
  • Division:C&C:Online
  • Job:C&C:Online Leader

Posted 02 March 2019 - 12:13 PM

@thinhcan

I have sent you a PM with a solution which we're testing. If anyone else wants that solution to try, please make your own topic and post your error log. If people do not post their error logs, we may not be able to help them in future. See How to Report Issues for instructions.

@anyone

In future, we will not be providing this solution to anyone that has not made their own topic. We use the topic to keep track of where we have sent the solution in case we need to update the solution or contact the user.

Gamereplays.org staff - Shatabrick admin.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users