• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 MuDsHoVeLeR

MuDsHoVeLeR

title available

• Project Team
  • 350 posts

Posted 14 December 2003 - 03:07 PM

For those of you who haven't heard, Saddam got his ass handed to him when we dragged him from a whole in the ground at a farmhouse outside of Tikrit. Not a shot was fired, and about 600 people were involved in the overall capture-- mainly the 4th Infantry Wolverines I believe. The video of him being looked at by doctors is amazing, he looks like the Unibomber or something. You almost feel sorry for the guy when you see what he's been living in for the past number of months, but I suppose that's what you get for talking smack and not being able to back it up: months of shame and fear.

#2 Detail

Detail

King Detail

• Hosted
  • 7,767 posts
  • Projects:Dayvi.com
  •  Blu Spy

Posted 14 December 2003 - 03:21 PM

I laughed at the report on the BBC where thay said he would be burnt to death on a stake ^_^

#3 Mastermind

Mastermind

Server Technician

• Undead
  • 7,014 posts
  • Projects:MasterNews 3
  •  The Man Behind the Curtain

Posted 14 December 2003 - 04:44 PM

Nice to see he's going to disappear from Iraq. Perhaps things can settle down there now.
^_^
Posted Image

Well, when it comes to writing an expository essay about counter-insurgent tactics, I'm of the old school. First you tell them how you're going to kill them. Then you kill them. Then you tell them how you just killed them.

Too cute! | Server Status: If you can read this, it's up |

#4 the_kid

the_kid

L337 Pwnerer of N00bs

• Project Team
  • 1,734 posts
  • Projects:freelancing between what interests me
  •  + TRIPLEhelix

Posted 14 December 2003 - 07:57 PM

yeah... the president gave a speech about that today... although I'm sure most of you would not like me to use his name...

#5 MuDsHoVeLeR

MuDsHoVeLeR

title available

• Project Team
  • 350 posts

Posted 14 December 2003 - 08:04 PM

...why wouldn't we?...

#6 Agile

Agile

title available

• Project Team
  • 944 posts

Posted 14 December 2003 - 08:40 PM

Bush is doing great. Now that Iraq is going so well, what are the Democrats going to attack him for now?
Posted Image

#7 Mastermind

Mastermind

Server Technician

• Undead
  • 7,014 posts

Posted 14 December 2003 - 08:47 PM

I think Bush just earned a 5-10 point jump in his approval rating, and quite possibly secured the next election, or at least made it much harder for the critics. He can always say look what staying the course brought us.
^_^
Posted Image

Well, when it comes to writing an expository essay about counter-insurgent tactics, I'm of the old school. First you tell them how you're going to kill them. Then you kill them. Then you tell them how you just killed them.

#8 Destroyer

Destroyer

Byte me

• Members
  • 2,305 posts
  • Projects:Having fun
  •  Just this guy, you know?

Posted 14 December 2003 - 09:23 PM

what are the Democrats going to attack him for now?

stupidity

^_^ :rolo:

#9 the_kid

the_kid

L337 Pwnerer of N00bs

• Project Team
  • 1,734 posts
  •  + TRIPLEhelix

Posted 15 December 2003 - 12:15 AM

dude... I saw a commercial the other day... it was a flame on bush! I laughed at it, it like showed his face, then talked shit about him!

#10 flyby

flyby
  • New Members
  • 61 posts

Posted 15 December 2003 - 09:30 AM

I think his capture came too early to have any real impact on your presidential elections.
A lot can happen in 11 months and it only takes a few of nasty suicide attacks with a lot of American casualties to sway it around 180°.

If you see the man has been hiding for 8 months without apparent contact or communications with his leftover military staff, you have to realize that the resistance is organized from elsewhere.
The only direct benefit is the increase of faith the Iraqi people get in the American forces. But if life in Iraq can't be stabilized and normalized rapidly it will also disappear quickly. They just want work, water, electricity and security like anyone else.

I'm kinda perplexed that a technological advanced superpower as America, is unable to provide the continuity of basic things like electricity and gasoline (in a country that has one of the biggest oil reserves..)

I do not share this unconditional euphoria about Saddams capture (which is a good thing never the less!) because it defocuses public opinion from the real issues.

#11 Detail

Detail

King Detail

• Hosted
  • 7,767 posts
  •  Blu Spy

Posted 15 December 2003 - 11:39 AM

A symbol such as Saddam is going to be like firework, everyones going to look at it. Things like power and water are no where as nice to look at as a firework.

#12 Mastermind

Mastermind

Server Technician

• Undead
  • 7,014 posts

Posted 15 December 2003 - 09:59 PM

A bit of public euphoria is nice though. Besides, it takes time to rebuild a country. Rome wasn't built in a day, and you can't repair a country that's suffered as much as Iraq has in just a few weeks or months.
^_^
Posted Image

#13 the_kid

the_kid

L337 Pwnerer of N00bs

• Project Team
  • 1,734 posts
  •  + TRIPLEhelix

Posted 16 December 2003 - 04:32 AM

A bit of public euphoria is nice though. Besides, it takes time to rebuild a country. Rome wasn't built in a day, and you can't repair a country that's suffered as much as Iraq has in just a few weeks or months.

Bush thinks so...

#14 MuDsHoVeLeR

MuDsHoVeLeR

title available

• Project Team
  • 350 posts

Posted 16 December 2003 - 07:49 PM

it only takes a few of nasty suicide attacks with a lot of American casualties to sway it around 180°.

Because that happens so often...

Anyway, the people of the nation obviously DON'T want water, work, etc. because they haven't been to receptive of the help we HAVE provided them with...
I read in TIME the other day a quote from about a Jordanian man saying "The men he trains to kill Americans are ready to shed the last drop our blood' for Iraq"... that would be admirable if--you know-- we were trying to TAKE IT AWAY FROM THEM. That's like shedding blood for someone who offers to buy you dinner...

And you can't say we haven't made progress... tribunal's and temporary government offices have been established... oh and people aren't being imprisoned for accidentally making a wrong turn onto a street Sadam is driving down-- that's always a plus.

#15 MuDsHoVeLeR

MuDsHoVeLeR

title available

• Project Team
  • 350 posts

Posted 16 December 2003 - 10:27 PM

You know my feelings on that MG haha

In terms of 'taking' our jobs, Maddox's Article here just about sums up my thoughts

But it drives me insane when people of ANY race, creed, etc. come to our country and bitch at us for the way we do things-- just be happy you have it as good as you do, and don't take our generosity for granted... And for fucks sake do NOT tell us to take "under god" out of the Pledge of Allegience. This nation was founded on Christianity, and we aren't about to force you to practice the religion or even say the Pledge... but at least stand up and respect the nation that has provided you with so much... and do NOT turn your back to your flag you disrespectful-- whew, deep breath...

My biggest beef, which is more personal than reasonable, is the amount of people that come here knowing little to know English. Immigrants should have to past tests to test their knowledge of the English language before they're admitted to the country (and before I get anybody whining about my racist ideas, remember that I feel this way about ANY country, and these policies would apply to Americans overseas as well.)

But yes, this and Somalia... we would've been off leveling the country right from the get-go.

#16 Detail

Detail

King Detail

• Hosted
  • 7,767 posts
  •  Blu Spy

Posted 16 December 2003 - 10:34 PM

*Sees a McDonolds on every corner*
It's kind of hard to stay out when your round every bend.

#17 MagicGangsta

MagicGangsta

title available

• Project Team
  • 409 posts
  • Projects:In The Shadows - Project Leader

Posted 16 December 2003 - 10:41 PM

lol, Detail that is THE funniest damn comment i have ever heard!

good one. i love how McDonald's has now become the representative of the USA.

FYI: each McDonald's is actually an individual franchise not owned by one corporation. anyone with enough cash can buy a McDick's and plop it in some third world country if they wanted.

(ponders buying a McD's and plopping it in the middle of India)

think that'd piss em off? ^_^
www.itsmod.com

#18 Detail

Detail

King Detail

• Hosted
  • 7,767 posts
  •  Blu Spy

Posted 16 December 2003 - 10:58 PM

McDonalds is almost the symbol of globalisation. Other than the Indian corner shop :uh:

#19 MuDsHoVeLeR

MuDsHoVeLeR

title available

• Project Team
  • 350 posts

Posted 16 December 2003 - 11:04 PM

heh heh heh, that reminds me:

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users