Game Wont Start

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_NaZzZ136_*

Guest_NaZzZ136_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 December 2004 - 06:02 PM

i have the release version of generals (the one the game shiped with)

i installed defcon, but when I try to start da game it says "sorry a serious error has occured " and closes. HELP!!! I VANT 2 PLAY

#2 Mastermind

Mastermind

Server Technician

• Undead
  • 7,014 posts
  • Projects:MasterNews 3
  •  The Man Behind the Curtain

Posted 13 December 2004 - 07:30 PM

Do you have the 1.7 patch installed? Defcon requires the latest patch to be installed.
;)
Posted Image

Well, when it comes to writing an expository essay about counter-insurgent tactics, I'm of the old school. First you tell them how you're going to kill them. Then you kill them. Then you tell them how you just killed them.

Too cute! | Server Status: If you can read this, it's up |

#3 Guest_evilmidget222_*

Guest_evilmidget222_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 December 2004 - 11:49 PM

Do you have the 1.7 patch installed?  Defcon requires the latest patch to be installed.
:p

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I have 1.7 and when i install it, no new folders even appear. wtf is going on?

#4 Mastermind

Mastermind

Server Technician

• Undead
  • 7,014 posts

Posted 15 December 2004 - 02:20 AM

You should see DefconINI.big, and about 3 other Defcon*.big files. Defcon is packaged as an installer with everything installed directly to your C&C Generals directory.
:p
Posted Image

Well, when it comes to writing an expository essay about counter-insurgent tactics, I'm of the old school. First you tell them how you're going to kill them. Then you kill them. Then you tell them how you just killed them.

#5 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 December 2004 - 10:28 PM

You should see DefconINI.big, and about 3 other Defcon*.big files.  Defcon is packaged as an installer with everything installed directly to your C&C Generals directory.
:)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

the same thing happened to me, and for some reason the files did not extract to my generals directory. can someone tell me exactly where to put the files so i can do it manually?

#6 Mastermind

Mastermind

Server Technician

• Undead
  • 7,014 posts

Posted 20 December 2004 - 08:24 PM

The four .big files should go directly in your C&C Generals directory, with the .scb and .gen files going in your C&C Generals dir\Data\Scripts folder.
:)
Posted Image

#7 Guest_Colsta_*

Guest_Colsta_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 July 2005 - 08:56 AM

I have a prob with the different folders i can see all the defcon files in my c&c directory however when i try to launch the mod it says"defconIni.defcon is missing".i am quite sure i dont have any other mods installed and have downloaded 1.7 patch for c&c gen.Please Help !!!

#8 Mastermind

Mastermind

Server Technician

• Undead
  • 7,014 posts

Posted 11 July 2005 - 10:06 PM

Try just launching the game normally. If you are using the mod launcher and it is already installed you should get an error like that.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users