52 replies to this topic

#1 Ghostrider

Ghostrider

Sith Lord of Campaigns

• Project Team
  • 2,035 posts
  •  Phoenix Rising QA Lead; Manual Editor

Posted 09 December 2015 - 05:02 PM

At the centre of the galaxy, you find the oldest, richest, most heavily populated... and the best defended planets in the galaxy. Single planets in the Core have more financial and military influence than whole sectors in the Outer Rim.

CORE_WORLDS.jpg

CORE WORLDS is the first of the campaigns in the Rise of the Empire Era, which is set at the end of the Clone Wars. The formation of the Galactic Empire has been announced, but many worlds are either actively opposed to the New Order or are highly independent planets that will resist the Imperialisation of trade, commerce and law. You get to rewrite history with either the early Galactic Empire, or the scattered elements of the Phoenix Rising Movement.

Screen_243.jpg

All of these campaigns start with a handful of planets and outdated Republic-era and Clone Wars technologies. Many of the neutral worlds will be far stronger at the start than your small fleets, and these campaigns are lengthy. It is vital to plan for long term growth, and in many cases your production capacity will far exceed your initial income, and it is important to grow both militarily and financially.

The political influence of leaders also cannot be underestimated, and many politicians give time reduction bonuses on construction (motivation), and best of all, price discounts for the most influential.

You should also be aware that the larger starbases need considerable fleet strength, with destroyer and capital-class warship support for the level 4 and 5 starbases, before an invasion can be considered. It is no longer feasible to effectively destroy a starbase with corvettes alone, but your Level 2 starbases are vital to continued financial growth, so don’t ignore them.

Screen_242.jpg

It is worth noting that the income created by light transports is a percentage of the planetary income, so make sure your light transports are in orbit over your wealthiest planets. You receive light transport revenues once units have made 1 trip into hyperspace. XQ5 platforms add 25% to your base planetary income, and are well worth the 3 week production time on your richer worlds. However, there is a limit of 2 per planet, and many of your Core holdings already contain at least one customs station, with a welcome boost to revenues. 

Before considering invasion, make sure you scout target worlds by espionage, stealth heroes, and attacks by a lone scout unit to ensure any invasion is feasible, and that you can escape if it gets too difficult. Many worlds have interdictors in their fleets, trapping invaders to certain doom. And don’t forget about small infantry raids with up to 3 infantry units. This can be a quick way to capture lightly defended units, with the advantage that you destroy the orbiting starbase if you manage to capture the planet.

In Core Worlds, you start with 6 influential planets : -

PRM Abregado Rae

The smuggler port of Abregado Rae is fiercely independent and highly resistant to being ruled, and is looking to Corellia for guidance in the growing opposition to the Galactic Empire. If the smugglers on Abregado-rae can join forces with the Corellians, they could form a powerful syndicate.

Strategic Considerations: Threat from Byss.
Heroes: Obi-Wan Kenobi

Screen_241.jpg

PRM Alderaan

Alderaan has been a staunch supporter of the republic in the fight against the Separatists, with the Royal Alderaanian Shipyards providing the engines for the Acclamator-class Assault ships. Both influential and with excellent facilities, Alderaan is politically opposed to the New Order and Bail Organa is one of the key figures in promoting the idea of active resistance to the ever-growing power of the Office of Chancellor.

Strategic Considerations: No Immediate threats.
Heroes: Bail Organa

PRM Chandrila

Chandrila is a world of free speech led by Senator Mon Mothma, who led the Delegation of 2000 to limit the powers of the Chancellor. Chandrila has a strong defence-fleet and is working with both Bail Organa and Garm Bel Iblis to take increasing military action to oppose the New Order.

Strategic Considerations: Major threat from Corulag.
Heroes: Mon Mothma

PRM Corellia

The free world of Corellia is the leading manufacturer of light freighters and corvettes with unrivalled construction facilities. Invoking an ancient law, legendary Senator Garm Bel Iblis has kept Corellia out of the Clone Wars and is strongly opposed to the changes imposed by the New Order.

Strategic Considerations: Major threat from Byss.
Heroes: Garm Bel Iblis

PRM Farrfin

This smuggler world has a vibrant underworld and finds the Galactic Empire and its new taxes a considerable threat – especially as this is increasingly backed up by the Imperial Fleet and a growing Imperial Customs Service.

Strategic Considerations: Major threat from Coruscant.

Screen_244.jpg

PRM Fresia

This tiny island population is the home to Incom – producers of one of the most popular basic fighters towards the last days of the Old Republic – the Z95 Headhunter. Incom’s fortunes have dramatically changed for the worse with the creation of the Galactic Empire and the move towards disposable TIEs – and disposable pilots, something that the Fresians object to morally.

Strategic Considerations: Isolated, but Coruscant could be a threat in the future.

IMPERIAL Coruscant

Coruscant has everything – vast research capabilities, diverse production, immense wealth and a huge pool of talented individuals to nurture and develop. 

Screen_245.jpg

In addition, both Sith lords – Darth Sidious and Darth Vader - are present on Coruscant, giving the Imperial faction a huge advantage. The political and financial influence of Darth Sidious is worth several star-systems, and Darth Vader frightens whole armies, both in space and in ground combat.

Strategic Considerations: Minor Threat from Farrfin.
Heroes: Darth Sidious, Darth Vader

Screen_247.jpg

While the temptation is to focus on military research, some effort should be spend to upgrade the trade fleet and add to Coruscant’s fleet in case the threat from Farrfin increases. Military expansion, both north to Dolomar and south to the Deep Core should be considered.

IMPERIAL Byss

Byss is the center of secret holdings in the Deep Core. With a massive 20bn population of immigrants tricked into travelling to a utopian world, Byss could become a major planet of influence.

Strategic Considerations: Major Threat from Abregado-rae and Corellia

Much effort should be made to consolidate holdings in the deep core and expand as if the smuggler fleet on Abregadoe Rae is able to merge with the Corellians, then the Deep Core is in danger.

IMPERIAL Corulag

This model Imperial world is isolated from Coruscant by the republic influences at the Naval Academy on Anaxes, and threatened by political activists on Chandrila. It must rapidly expand its fleet and defeat pro-republican sentiments.

Strategic Considerations: Major Threat from Chandrila
Heroes: Gilad Pellaeon

IMPERIAL Kuat

The Kuat Drive yards have unrivalled military production capacity – as long as you have the credits to spend. 

Screen_246.jpg

Kuat has strong neighbours, but no immediate threats, and while it may be tempting to immediately start construction of a destroyer fleet, current limited incomes may prove this be an unnecessary strain on finances. It may be wiser in the short term to divert funds to more vulnerable holdings until their security has been established.

Strategic Considerations: No immediate threats. Powerful neighbours.
Heroes: Onara Kuat

IMPERIAL Gandeal

Gandeal is a mineral-rich resource world with small freighter yards that supplies the shipyards of Fondor with raw materials. This should be considered as facility for financial rather than military growth.

Strategic Considerations: Weak Military. Powerful neighbours.
Heroes: Barrow Oicunn

IMPERIAL Prakith

Prakith is the secret headquarters of the Inquisitorius in the Deep Core. With no immediate threats, this facility should be expanded to a support facility, building fleet and trade units.

Strategic Considerations: Light Military. Powerful neighbours. Medium term strategy Corsucant should make efforts to connect to Prakith.
Heroes: Antinnis Tremayne

Overall, this is a campaign for long term strategy. You certainly have far higher incomes than any other campaign in this era, but early opportunities for expansion are limited – and most be considered carefully.  However, you have access to unsurpassed shipyards and with a solid financial base, your regions of influence should expand steadily. 

#2 Guest_Curt_*

Guest_Curt_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 December 2015 - 04:33 AM

I've been checking back every day since the last update. It appears that once again EAW will dominate my free time.

Very excited! Keep up the good work and keep the news coming.

#3 Aizen Teppa

Aizen Teppa
  • Members
  • 206 posts

Posted 10 December 2015 - 11:44 AM

OK, I'm awe struck & in the state of shock at what is coming.

Looks spectacular!

#4 Piet-Tia

Piet-Tia
  • Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 10 December 2015 - 02:00 PM

I, too, would just like to add, that I have been checking the PR news site every day for a few years now - this is how good this mod is, and apparently it is yet again getting a lot better.

I am really glad to know you people are still working on it. :-)

#5 skie9173

skie9173

Rebel (not so) High Command

• Members
  • 257 posts

Posted 10 December 2015 - 02:05 PM

Looking great! Ohhhh shiny new heroes! Even with hero ships out, heroes are one of my favorite parts of PR. Looking forward to a possible update on new/changed heroes and any others you provide.
There is no emotion, there is peace. There is no ignorance, there is knowledge.
There is no passion, there is serenity. There is no death, there is the Force.

#6 Aizen Teppa

Aizen Teppa
  • Members
  • 206 posts

Posted 10 December 2015 - 02:26 PM

Ohhhh shiny new heroes! 

Yeah dusted and polished and then dusted and polished again. LOL

Can't wait to see Evil Bob's expanded space maps. Let's face it: PR mod is SW pr0n pure and simple. How could you best that! :D

#7 skie9173

skie9173

Rebel (not so) High Command

• Members
  • 257 posts

Posted 12 December 2015 - 01:02 AM

Are the objects in the third and seventh pictures the new starbases? They are looking great whatever they are.

In these campaigns are heroes still recruitable based on home planet, or is there leeway based on where they might have been during the starting time period. If the time frane starts at 18BBY are Luke/Leia ect ect are out?

There is no emotion, there is peace. There is no ignorance, there is knowledge.
There is no passion, there is serenity. There is no death, there is the Force.

#8 Ghostrider

Ghostrider

Sith Lord of Campaigns

• Project Team
  • 2,035 posts

Posted 14 December 2015 - 07:40 AM

Yes, those are the new starbases. Heavily shielded, lots of HP and with turbolasers. 

Heroes are mostly recruited on their home planet, although there are occasional exceptions - eg Obi Wan on Abregadoe Rae - He was't born here, but is on his way to the Outer Rim and just "happened" to stop here at the start of the campaign. 

As to Luke and Leia, no they can be recruited, but they just cost a lot as they are major heroes, so you mostly can't afford them at the start. Recruiting cost depends on a hero's starting rank. The cheapest heroes are Lieutenants, the most expensive are Generals, Senators and Admirals. 

Edited by Ghostrider, 14 December 2015 - 07:43 AM.

#9 Master Sayo

Master Sayo
  • Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 14 December 2015 - 07:31 PM

The first campaign of the 12th is now known. I have read it and also saw the pictures. I hope that the version 1.3 in the early of 2016 comes out. :thumbsuphappy: 

I am playing now the mod version 1.2. And I noticed that the same campaign “Core Worlds” has 5 more planets then in the new campaign for version 1.3.
Why 5 planets less in this campaign and is there a reason for? :whathuh: 

There is something else noticed in the Phoenix Rising mod. I saw that sometimes describe of a hero of the galactic empire behind the word “force”: dark jedi knight?!
This isn’t correct and I don’t know how The Phoenix Rising team comes with those describe.
It must be: Sith knight. Perhaps you can change this in the version 1.3?

I read in the manual that you can’t build the “dark troopers” of the galactic empire. Can we build in version 1.3 the “dark troopers”?

#10 Ghostrider

Ghostrider

Sith Lord of Campaigns

• Project Team
  • 2,035 posts

Posted 16 December 2015 - 07:36 AM

If you read my last news post "state of the Mod", you get the full description of why the campaigns are different, but the short version is "performance". Large campaigns are ungainly and result in lag. By cutting back to fewer planets we get better campaigns. 

The terminology of Jedi is a complex thing. Sith is probably more of a philiosophy than a rank, and "lightside" or "darkside" are appropriate. Even Vader talks about turning Luke to the Dark Side of the Force, so in that respect, Jedi Knight or Dark Jedi Knight are certainly accurate. 

As to naming conventions in the mod, all heroes have a rank - Military, or Political, and Force abilites are listed by rank also, eg Knight or Master. This is a comprehensive system and will not change. 

As to "dark troopers", they appear in some of the later campaigns as starting forces, but you can't build any more!

#11 johnchm.10

johnchm.10

ALL HUMANS ARE VERMIN IN THE EYES OF MORBO!

• Members
  • 738 posts

Posted 17 December 2015 - 03:51 AM

very small question. have you cut down on the number of upgrades per ship?

iirc, when all the upgrades were tallied up, there were something like 200 unique ships per side, not including non-buildables

#12 Ghostrider

Ghostrider

Sith Lord of Campaigns

• Project Team
  • 2,035 posts

Posted 17 December 2015 - 08:10 AM

Yes and no. We've cut fighter and bomber upgrades from 10 to 8 each- 10 was overkill. 

However there are 123 separate space units, most of which can have multiple variants, so the total number of unique ships in the mod is over 500, and of these each faction can probably build about 200. 

land upgrades remain unchanged from the current version. 

Edited by Ghostrider, 17 December 2015 - 08:14 AM.

#13 Kitkun

Kitkun

Hater

• Members
  • 903 posts

Posted 17 December 2015 - 02:24 PM

Yes and no. We've cut fighter and bomber upgrades from 10 to 8 each- 10 was overkill. 

Oh? Was this done perhaps by taking away the last two upgrades and thus taking the teeth off of fighter/bomber spam?

Frosty Freaky Foreign Forum Fox

<DevXen> Today I was at the store and saw a Darth Vader action figure that said "Choking Hazard." It was great.

#14 Piet-Tia

Piet-Tia
  • Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 17 December 2015 - 02:41 PM

Based on the previous news post I would say all of the upgrade levels for most of the ships are probably completely different than before since they needed to be rebalanced for the new armor/weapon system.

#15 Ghostrider

Ghostrider

Sith Lord of Campaigns

• Project Team
  • 2,035 posts

Posted 17 December 2015 - 04:16 PM

You got it!

Basically fighter guns are great at taking out shields but do very little damage or no damage against heavy armor.

Torpedo-armed heavy fighters such as the X-Wing are useful against a range of small to medium sized craft, but you'll need an awful lot of torpedoes to take down a Star Destroyer. 

Bombers get rockets at the start - and rockets penetrate armor (i.e. ignore it) and do lots of damage to large starships. 

Late bomber upgrades get proton bombs.  :evgr:

#16 johnchm.10

johnchm.10

ALL HUMANS ARE VERMIN IN THE EYES OF MORBO!

• Members
  • 738 posts

Posted 17 December 2015 - 05:06 PM

interesting.

I always assumed that the Torpedoes on a fighter like a Y-wing were the same as those on an X-wing, and having two more of them on a Y-wing didn't justify calling it a bomber.

on a related note, have you also modified Proton Torpedoes to enable their use against Fighters?

#17 Ghostrider

Ghostrider

Sith Lord of Campaigns

• Project Team
  • 2,035 posts

Posted 18 December 2015 - 08:00 AM

Ok - ANH Proton Torpedoes on X-Wings and Y-Wings are identical.

We have taken the idea that the Y-wings seen in ANH are actually BTL A4 Y-wing Starfighers. These are a multi-pupose basic rebel starfighter adapted from the Clone Wars era BTL S1 Y-Wing, which is a true proton rocket armed bomber. 

The true bomber line (with rockets) follows the S-1 Designation, with the S-3 as the pilot and gunner variant used in the galactic Civil War with turreted dual ion cannons, and the S-4 as the New Republic bomber variant. The A-4 is s single seater fighter version with torpedoes and this is the version seen in ANH. 

Yes, Proton Torpedoes can be used against all craft, while Proton Rockets and Proton Bombs can only be targetted at Corvette or larger. 

#18 Master Sayo

Master Sayo
  • Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 19 December 2015 - 07:21 PM

Ghostrider,

Thanks, for the reaction of my questions. :smilehuh: 

That’s right. I was forgotten that the reason is for fewer planets in the campaign, because I read it too about “the state of the mod”.

Perhaps is it complex about “Jedi” and the “Sith”. You give an example about this. But I have also an example: Darth Vader says to Emperor Palpatine: He will join us or die.
Darth Vader and the Emperor are the dark side so, they are the Sith. Because the Emperor is a Sith Master and Darth Vader is a Sith Knight.
And if Darth Vader try to Luke to the dark side, he also becomes a Sith. That means that Luke becomes a Sith knight. I can further discuss about this, but is not necessary anymore. Because you decide that won’t be changed with a reason.

Strange, in the game “forces of corruption” it’s possible with the space ship of General Rom Mohc, that you can build “dark troopers”. But this space ship must be in the orbit of a planet and then you can build “dark troopers”. And because I like to play with the dark troopers and they are awesome!
Why not use this space ship of the General also in the mod “Phoenix Rising”? Or is the reason that the Galactic Empire becomes too strong against the Alliance (rebels)? :whathuh: 

Something else..

Everyone see the new movie of Star Wars: The Force Awakens? :whathuh: 
I read in the newspaper it is a very good movie. And I have also the music c.d. from this Star Wars movie. :thumbsuphappy: 

I wish everyone Merry Christmas and a happy new year! And the best wishes for 2016. <:) 

Regards,

Master Sayo

#19 Zeta1127

Zeta1127

Supporter of P-canon

• Members
  • 415 posts
  • Projects:A Galaxy Far, Far Away
  •  Ancient Order of the Whills Clone Marshal Commander of the 89th Legion

Posted 20 December 2015 - 09:53 AM

I have suggested before that the Dark Troopers and TIE Phantom should be made available by fulfilling sets of requirements that would unlock the Arc Hammer and the Terror, respectively, which would allow for the production of the units when the specific ship is in orbit. My idea is that the capture of Fest, Gromas 16, and Anteevy would unlock the Arc Hammer, and the destruction of Aeten II (by the Death Star or another suitable superweapon) and the capture of the Belt of Arah and Imdaar, would unlock the Terror.

"I'm just a simple man trying to make my way in the universe." - Jango Fett
"You are fooling yourself, Captain. Nothing here is what it seems. You are not the plucky hero, the Alliance is not an evil empire, and this is not the grand arena."
"And that's not incense." - The Operative and Inara Serra
"What you will see, if you leave the Mirror free to work, I cannot tell. For it shows things that were, and things that are, and things that yet maybe. But which it is that he sees, even the wisest cannot always tell. Do you wish to look?" - Galadriel
Clone Marshal Commander Zeta 1127 of the 89th Legion
Admiral Zebulon Wilhelm of Task Force Mystic/Fleet Junkie

#20 Master Sayo

Master Sayo
  • Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 20 December 2015 - 06:27 PM

Not a bad idea. :thumbsuphappy: 

If this is possible in the new version 1.3 of this mod, then is playing with the Galactic Empire even nicer. :smilehuh: 

And we can build more “dark troopers”. Perhaps is it nice if you have an army with only Dark Troopers. :w00t: 
And thanks for answer my question. :smilehuh: 

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users