Post-modern Shaman

• Network Leaders
  • 13,756 posts
  • Projects:Age of the Ring
  • Division:Revora
  • Job:Leader

Posted 06 August 2007 - 01:27 AM

Good evening.

I am hereby cancelling not only my first mod, but the first B4MEII mod, Visions. The mod was started when the B4MEII beta was released, and we have come a long way since then. But now it's over. This means it will not be finished, and you wont get to play it. The reason behind this is that Mullers and I are both saddened by the fact we lost all our teammembers of old, and gained no new ones even though we showed plenty of work and I dare say, resourcefullness, skill and will to carry the mod through. This has caused Mullers to move on, and me to stop caring. It's a rather tremendous loss of motivation.

No, I wont release the current version to the public, and no, before you ask, I will not donate anything from it to anyone.

Dont fret however. I will also announce my NEW project here! Its a revolutionary mod based on the books, movies and my endless imagination! It will be called Super Awesome Middle-earth II, and here are some of the features:

Over 20 new factions, each with their own minifactions, which are written below the bold faction name!

Sea elves
Penguins of the Northlands (armed with laz0rgunz, shooping da whooping all foes they encounter.)
Walrus-riders of Helcaraxë. (an ancient tribe of elves that stayed on the Helcaraxë in the north of Middle-earth, their blood is now mingled with the penguins, but they remain a different race.)
Elves of Dol-Amroth. (actually they're just Nertea's KodA, but hell, they're blue. Blue - sea.)
High elves
Elves of Elrond (Elves owned by Elrond, he likes that sorta thing.)
Ithilien Elves (Elves that lived in Ithilien, they use bows and can toggle to rocks.)
Elves of Moria (Elven tradesmen that settled in Moria, armed with crossbows, provided by the dwarves.)
Wood elves
Avari elves (They're like any other elf, good with bow and sword. But, they're from the east.)
Traitors of Rhûn (Former servants of Khôragan that decided he wasn't really what they were looking for. Yes, Khôragan.)
Galadhrim (As usual)
Evil men
Sand demons of Harad (Formerly human, but now cursed by the sands of time)
Khand (Mongolians on horses, firing bows. Can I get the firing-while-moving codes from anyone?)
Rhûn (I'll give them a runaway rogue Mumakil and some guys with spears and shields)
Gungans
Creatures of the Deep (the Gungans can summon a lot of creatures from the planet core that eat ships and act like the watcher)
Gungans from the Forest (These gungans are really good at hiding and throw energy balls)
Naboo Allies (the gungans can hire the Nabooians to use laser guns on their enemies)
Gondor
Last Alliance Numenoreans (Some did survive, I read it somewhere.)
Ithilien rangers (With bow and sword, but their main strength lies in knocking back trolls and other gigantic beings)
Dol Amroth (The blond and young prince of Dol Amroth comes to the aid of Gondor. Silly Nertea made Imrahil have brown hair, will recolour that.)
Rohan
Ents (Trees)
Friendly Dunlendings (Some weren't that bad, really.)
Pûkel-men (Aboriginals that can poison enemy units with darts)
Dwarves
Iron Hills Crossbowmen (Dwarves carrying crossbows, due to their supreme craftsmanship.)
Ered Luin Crossbowmen (Crossbows are cool)
Moria Axethrowers (They carry huge quivers full of throwing axes. They cant move though.)

These are all the factions I have written down so far, but I plan on having Ni saying Knights of the North, Ancient Arnor, Laketown, Dale, Eregion, Lamedon and more. I might also make the Knights of Dol Amroth a whole faction. Oh, and there will be aliens too. Big, purple ones. Probably as the Penguin's arch enemies.

Other features include: Every faction gets their own ships, command points will be unlimited, and so will resources. Every faction gets at least 35 heroes, all of which have great and super awesome special powers and flashy FXs that will wipe out your opponent! For instance, every Gondor hero can now summon the Army of the Dead, coloured red! RED!

There is one small con to these ideas though...

I cant do anything but a few skins! Thats why Im recruiting modulers, coders, 2d artists, idea-guys, PR-guys, FX coders, mappers, beta testers (I probably wont play my own mod), tech-tree people to write down all the ideas of the idea-guys, again. I will also need someone to make a site for me, and a shellmap. Oh and concept artists too. I can draw, but hey, why would I do that if I can just hire someone to do it for me. Through this topic I would also like to ask Nertea, Celeglin and GtO if I can use everything they made for my mod, because sharing assets just allows for more and better mods, right? So can I? If not, we could start an awesome trading alliance where we fill our mods up with the same stuff and be original and cool!

So join Super Awesome Middle-earth II now!

EDIT: IT WILL HAVE THE SHIRE TOO!

Edited by Matias, 06 August 2007 - 10:20 AM.

No fuel left for the pilgrims

#2 Mathijs

Mathijs

Post-modern Shaman

• Network Leaders
  • 13,756 posts

Posted 06 August 2007 - 01:32 AM

But it is! It will be Super Awesome!

I need modulers, coders and moar!

#3 Rob38

Rob38

Believer of Hope

• Hosted
  • 3,567 posts
  • Projects:Helm's Deep Last Hope
  •  One who is not afraid of new challenges

Posted 06 August 2007 - 02:43 AM

Wow.... that was really a sarcastic joke there, Matias :p I know exactly who you are refering too, and I see you're not too happy. Now, I know that Visions is cancelled, or at least put on hold, so that part is true, but I highly doubt anything else is... I mean penguins and aliens...hmmm

I cant do anything but a few skins! Thats why Im recruiting modulers, coders, 2d artists, idea-guys, PR-guys, FX coders, mappers, beta testers (I probably wont play my own mod), tech-tree people to write down all the ideas of the idea-guys, again. I will also need someone to make a site for me, and a shellmap. Oh and concept artists too. I can draw, but hey, why would I do that if I can just hire someone to do it for me. Through this topic I would also like to ask Nertea, Celeglin and GtO if I can use everything they made for my mod, because sharing assets just allows for more and better mods, right? So can I? If not, we could start an awesome trading alliance where we fill our mods up with the same stuff and be original and cool!

Well than, I assume you're not too happy with some of the people on T3A right now... hope you still like me ;)

Edited by Rob38, 06 August 2007 - 02:44 AM.

signature_group1.gif

16821.png

#4 GothmogtheOrc

GothmogtheOrc

Ruler of the Morgul Vale

• Hosted
  • 2,263 posts
  • Projects:Kings of the West Mod
  •  T3A Chamber Member - Retired

Posted 06 August 2007 - 03:58 AM

Sorry to hear that you've canceled the mod Matias, but I understand your reasons and feelings on this.

-GothmogtheOrc

Edited by GothmogtheOrc, 06 August 2007 - 04:24 AM.

Nine%20rings.jpg
Click on my Sig to go to my BFME Modding site where you can download my mods.
KotW%20Morgul%20In-game.jpg
Kings of the West Mod Leader
*Retired. PM me if you need to get a hold of me as I'll get an email notification and should reply within a day or so*

#5 Herunor

Herunor

Louis

• Project Team
  • 157 posts

Posted 06 August 2007 - 03:47 PM

The only reason for me to play bfme II is now gone. Really, really sad to hear this. But just the best die young!
:popcorn:

"The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides
By the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men.
Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and good will,
Shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness,
For he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children.
And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger
Those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers.
And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon you."

#6 Dindi

Dindi

What The Deuce?

• Project Team
  • 249 posts
  •  Modeler,Skinner, coder

Posted 06 August 2007 - 04:25 PM

sad to see you stop the mod,

indeed it seems alll to often that people just come and post stuff like this, will you be leaving the modding community altogether
Posted Image
Thanks to Caluadan for the Sig

#7 Sûlherokhh

Sûlherokhh

Sagacious Engineer

• Project Team
  • 3,754 posts
  • Projects:S.E.E., Sage A.I., Code Advisor
  •  'Axe'er of the Gordic Knot

Posted 06 August 2007 - 04:35 PM

Good evening.

I am hereby cancelling not only my first mod, but the first B4MEII mod, Visions.

Dont fret however. I will also announce my NEW project here! Its a revolutionary mod based on the books, movies and my endless imagination! It will be called Super Awesome Middle-earth II, ...

There is one small con to these ideas though...

I'm sorry to hear that.

bannerreal01mittelit3.jpg
Axed Head and A.I. Coder for S.E.E. and ... stuff

".. coding is basically boring. What's fun is finding out how things work, take them apart and then put them together in ways that were not intended nor even conceived."

#8 Hostile

Hostile

Benefitting Humanity Simply by Showing Up!

• Veterans
  • 9,551 posts
  •  T3A Founder
  • Job:Global Administrator
  • Donated
  • Association

Posted 06 August 2007 - 04:39 PM

Matius doesn't want to quit, he needs manpower help. This is more a recruiting thread. If he doesn't get more manpower than it's over.

Why don't some people just help him? Matius is one of the greastest minds on these forums. Maybe someone would help him?

#9 cahik_

cahik_

Sage engine ruler

• Project Team
  • 1,896 posts
  • Projects:Rhovanion Alliance
  •  T3A Team Chamber Member and Crazy animator

Posted 06 August 2007 - 06:29 PM

it is caused by the fact that most of the old time modders are quite busy with their own project and the new ones rather starts crazy projects without any chance of finishing them then joining existing mod :popcorn:

Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image

#10 Devon

Devon

Dark Nerd of the Sith

• Global Moderators
  • 5,886 posts
  • Projects:RJ RotWK, Twilight of the Republic, HDLH
  •  T3A Chamber Member
  • Division:Community
  • Job:Global Moderator
  • Donated

Posted 06 August 2007 - 06:30 PM

thats sad to hear. :( i got the last visions beta a week ago or so and i rather enjoyed it.

yodasig2.png
My political compass
There's a story that the grass is so green...what did I see? Where have I been?

#11 Eonwe

Eonwe

title available

• Project Team
  • 534 posts

Posted 07 August 2007 - 12:16 AM

I am very sad to here this, but I like that Idea. Espacially the penguins. If you want I can let you use a Penguin model, but you need the modelers permission. Also if I may can I use your Arnor Idea, Units, heros etc......

I hope we can make a compromise with the penguins, and Arnor.

Penguin Model:
http://www.warsofard...p?showtopic=283

There is also a Polar bear made my Flameguard. Rather have model already made then to make a new model.

Polar Bear:
http://www.warsofard...p?showtopic=184

#12 Mathijs

Mathijs

Post-modern Shaman

• Network Leaders
  • 13,756 posts

Posted 07 August 2007 - 12:37 AM

Haaaarrghhhh how bloody... blargh.

You completely missed the goddamn POINT and even offer me a service I am OBVIOUSLY against! Are you a bloody robot or something?

Seriously, I hope you were kidding there.

Edited by Matias, 07 August 2007 - 12:45 AM.

#13 Devon

Devon

Dark Nerd of the Sith

• Global Moderators
  • 5,886 posts
  • Projects:RJ RotWK, Twilight of the Republic, HDLH
  •  T3A Chamber Member
  • Division:Community
  • Job:Global Moderator
  • Donated

Posted 07 August 2007 - 03:17 AM

i cant tell if he was kidding. lotg, matias was being completely sarcastic, tho the gungans did give me a laugh

yodasig2.png
My political compass
There's a story that the grass is so green...what did I see? Where have I been?

#14 Dain Ironfoot

Dain Ironfoot

No sex please, we're Dwarves

• Hosted
  • 1,655 posts
  • Projects:The Peninsular War
  •  I aten't dead.

Posted 07 August 2007 - 04:59 PM

Rather have model already made then to make a new model.

Oh..... crikey.... no...

Dain: Arr Nertea: yarrrr Dain: haharrrr Nertea: graaawwwr Dain: oaaaaaaaarr Nertea: .... honk?

#15 Master Windu

Master Windu

The Master.

• Advisors
  • 2,150 posts
  • Projects:Galaxy at War, Rhovanion Alliance
  •  T3A Team Chamber Member

Posted 07 August 2007 - 05:37 PM

Hey matias, if you want some gungan models you can always use ones from Empire at War! They are already made and animated.

I have been working on some penguin models myself, and I think we could work good together.

This mod could be bigger than RA, so lets work together! Can i be co-leader? I can't skin or model, but i have lots of ideas!
Posted Image
Posted Image

#16 Mathijs

Mathijs

Post-modern Shaman

• Network Leaders
  • 13,756 posts

Posted 07 August 2007 - 05:39 PM

Yer hired!

*stamp on forehead*

#17 Dain Ironfoot

Dain Ironfoot

• Hosted
  • 1,655 posts
  •  I aten't dead.

Posted 07 August 2007 - 05:50 PM

I can be your PR guy :p

Dain: Arr Nertea: yarrrr Dain: haharrrr Nertea: graaawwwr Dain: oaaaaaaaarr Nertea: .... honk?

#18 Master Windu

Master Windu

The Master.

• Advisors
  • 2,150 posts

Posted 07 August 2007 - 05:55 PM

We need a site! Lets ASK SOMEBODY to do it for us!

I seem to remember there being a professional web designer that we could pay to make us a site. Lets ask him.

Edited by Master Windu, 07 August 2007 - 06:06 PM.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#19 Dain Ironfoot

Dain Ironfoot

• Hosted
  • 1,655 posts
  •  I aten't dead.

Posted 07 August 2007 - 06:07 PM

Hey... we could hire IIS to be the balancing and lore guy!

#20 Master Windu

Master Windu

The Master.

• Advisors
  • 2,150 posts

Posted 07 August 2007 - 06:10 PM

Everybody! Staff signatures!

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image