Splitting Hares

• Network Admins
  • 9,126 posts
  • Projects:Writing Words With Letters
  •  I Help
  • Division:Community
  • Job:Community Admin

Posted 05 March 2015 - 09:54 PM

Steam has announced many exciting things recently, like the coming of the Steam Machine variants, the Steam VR crap, and the... interesting Steam controller.  Which apparently works with games that don't have controller support.  But this in particular would catch your eye since it's the most ridiculously expensive thing that Steam now sells:

http://store.steampo...com/app/353440/

Ohh boy... well, Pasidon.. they look pretty.  But are they worth the 2000-5000 bucks?  Well, they're very customizable.  Liquid cooling nonsense... up to 16 GB of memory... up to 8 TB of storage... and you can fill it with Titans.  And they're amazingly compact, which is somehow my favorite part.  This thing will basically last you a very long time, and you will never worry about lacking performance again through... a good deal of your lifetime.  And I'll never be able to afford one in a lifetime, but they're still cool.

#2 duke_Qa

duke_Qa

I've had this avatar since... 2003?

• Network Staff
  • 3,837 posts
  • Division:Revora
  • Job:Artist

Posted 08 March 2015 - 01:21 PM

Meh, good deal of your lifetime? After three years its back to basics. Though I guess that goes as a good deal in Murica :p

I'll probably continue making my own computers. I'm looking forward to see if Valve beats Oculus to the finish line with their new VR-goggles though. and that controller.

I usually spend around 3-4000 on a computer when I get a new one, but I have better wages than Americans so it doesn't really hurt too much, especially when it lasts 4-5 years.

"I give you private information on corporations for free and I'm a villain. Mark Zuckerberg gives your private information to corporations for money and he's 'Man of the Year.'" - Assange

#3 Pasidon

Pasidon

Splitting Hares

• Network Admins
  • 9,126 posts
  • Projects:Writing Words With Letters
  •  I Help
  • Division:Community
  • Job:Community Admin

Posted 08 March 2015 - 03:55 PM

Hmm... I wonder who will win the VR market... the guys that have been controlling the PC gaming world for years (Valve) or the leaders of gossip innovation and boyfriend complaints (Facebook).  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users