So I downloaded Contra 008 from Moddb and extracting it to the Zero Hour directory, I open the launcher and hit play, but then the command window appears and I get an error message saying that Generals.exe cannot be found. What is the problem here? I don't get this issue with other mods.
It seems like you have The First Decade compilation. You will have to install Contra manually. Follow these steps:
1. Put all files from Contra008FINAL into your Zero Hour folder.
2. Rename !Contra008.ctr to !Contra008.big.
3. Rename !Contra008EN.ctr to !Contra008EN.big OR rename !Contra008RU.ctr to !Contra008RU.big if you want Russian language.
4. Rename !Contra008VOrig.ctr to !Contra008VOrig.big OR rename !Contra008VLoc.ctr to !Contra008VLoc.big if you want English unit voices.
5. Rename !Contra008MNew.ctr to !Contra008MNew.big OR rename !Contra008MStandard.ctr to !Contra008MStandard.big if you want vanilla soundtracks.
6. Rename Scripts folder to Scripts1 (which is located inside Data folder).
7. Start the game from generals.exe.