Photo

Windows 8.1 KW C&C3 CNC Online launcher problems (Origin, TUC)

kanes wrath tuc launcher

Best Answer ToxicShock, 13 March 2015 - 07:58 AM

You need to run the "as administrator". Hold down shift, right click the game launch icon (if you're hooked) and hit "Run as administrator". You might have to unhook, launch the C&C:Online launcher "As administrator" then hook again before you do that. Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 quark036

quark036
  • New Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 13 March 2015 - 12:09 AM

I Have Read the How-To Thread

Hello,

I played KW for a while before GameSpy went down, then for a month or so afterwards. I recently decided to start playing again, but I was having trouble with the CNC Online launcher, so I uninstalled and re-installed both Kane's Wrath and CNC Online. I'm still having problems with the launcher and with connecting online. Here is all about my system, what I've tried, and what problems I'm getting:

I am running Windows 8.1, and I have the ultimate collection for cnc games. I've updated to patch 1.02, and I've downloaded the fixed launchers for TUC.

Originally, I was having problems with the launcher, saying I was missing ssleay.dll file, so I hooked the game. (I had the same problem right after gamespy went down, and this fixed it then). After I hooked the game, I started to get weirder problems. When I tried to launch the game through the CNC online interface or by the game's own launcher, it opened the window where you choose between Kane's Wrath and Tib Wars, and when I clicked on KW, it opened the same window again, and when I clicked KW again, it closed that window. Kane's Wrath never started, but it said CNC3 was running in the task manager in background processes. I looked at the help forums, and found the problem where you have to disable origin for that game, so I did that. That seemed to help somewhat.

Now, I get different results when I use the game launcher or the CNC Online launcher.

When I use the CNC online launcher, it gives me the error "Unable to Launch Kane's Wrath." In the temp log, it says:

----- C&C:Online Launcher Start -----
Game: Kane's Wrath
Kane's Wrath Install Path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Command and Conquer 3 TW and KW\Command Conquer 3 Kanes Wrath\
ERROR: CreateProcess() failed to start C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Command and Conquer 3 TW and KW\Command Conquer 3 Kanes Wrath\CNC3EP1.exe. Error: The requested operation requires elevation.

ERROR: Unable to launch Kane's Wrath

When I use the game launcher, it does the same thing where it opens the window to choose between Tib wars and KW, then opens the same window again. However, now, after I click KW in the second window, it actually runs Kane's Wrath. The problem is that when I try to connect to the multiplayer, I get the error "Could not connect to background server." I checked and made sure that the server was online, and it was. There was no new entry in the temp log after this.

Sorry for the long post, but I wanted to make sure you had all the information. Tell me if you need anything else. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

#2 ToxicShock

ToxicShock

Gamereplays.org Staff

• Division Leaders
  • 9,685 posts
  • Projects:Shatabrick C&C Player Database
  •  I have blue text?
  • Division:C&C:Online
  • Job:C&C:Online Leader

Posted 13 March 2015 - 07:58 AM   Best Answer

You need to run the "as administrator". Hold down shift, right click the game launch icon (if you're hooked) and hit "Run as administrator". You might have to unhook, launch the C&C:Online launcher "As administrator" then hook again before you do that.

Gamereplays.org staff - Shatabrick admin.

#3 quark036

quark036
  • New Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 13 March 2015 - 10:40 PM

Thanks! That worked. I had tried something like that, but I was running the game in administrator mode, and not the CNC Online launcher.

Thanks for the help

Quark

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users