18 replies to this topic

#1 Lord of Mordor

Lord of Mordor

Master of the One Ring

• Project Team
  • 170 posts

Posted 28 March 2015 - 05:07 PM

Greetings, companions of Edain!

After three years of work we're proud finally release our demo of Edain 4.0! You can download it here.

Back to the roots. Edain 4.0 revives the classic gameplay of the first Battle for Middle-earth, expanded with dozens of new heroes, units and spells. Build a mighty fortress, then sally forth to conquer settlements and outposts. Those not only allow you to improve your economy, but also let you rally supporting factions like Dunland or the Fiefdoms of Gondor. Edain puts the entire breadth of Tolkien's world at your command und lets you journey deeper into Middle-earth than ever before! We have adjusted every single map from both games in the series for our new gameplay and created dozens of new ones, including fortresses like Dol Amroth and Cirith Ungol.

For the first time in English. At long last, this is our first version with full English sound and text! In addition, we have greatly expanded our English forums - all international fans are welcome to share their feedback and suggestions and discuss them with the team!

Your strategy, your Battle for Middle-earth. Seven different game modes let you play the game your way. In the dynamic Conquest mode, victory goes to the player who holds more than half the settlements on the map, ensuring intense back-and-forth battles all across the field. Or would you rather crush your foes with Middle-earth's greatest heroes? Then the Legendary Heroes might be for you, putting greatly empowered heroes at the center of the game.

Old strengths, newly enhanced. With all these upheavals and new features, we haven't forgotten what so many of you loved about Edain in the first. As in previous versions, every faction has their own Ring Heroes, some of them brand-new, and almost every hero from the original game sports an expansive set of new abilities. What's more, the custom heroes make their return after a long absence and offer more classes and options than ever. At the same time, we have carefully rebalanced the game to eliminate weaknesses that were weighing the mod down. For example, archers no longer completely dominate the field and battles are no longer by a single mass destruction spell - you must cleverly bring all of your strategic resources to bear over a longer time to emerge victorious.

The beginning of a great journey. This demo contains the four core factions of Gondor, Rohan, Mordor and Isengard. In the future, we will periodically expand it and add the remaining five sides: The Dwarves, the Misty Mountains, Lothlorien, Rivendell and Angmar. After years of modding, it is a fantastic feeling to finally share this latest and best version of Edain with you. Thanks to everyone who has followed us on this road so far, and remember: The Battle for Middle-earth has just begun...

Your Edain Team

Build me an army worthy of Mordor!

HobbitBann5501.png

#2 Bashkuga

Bashkuga

Because good guys are too mainstream

• Project Team
  • 2,039 posts
  • Projects:Age of the Ring Betatester and Mapper, Edain Mod Betatester
  •  Out of the frying pan, and into the fire..

Posted 28 March 2015 - 05:45 PM

Wow 526 downloads on moddb already and you just released it! Congratzz!

#3 Lord of Mordor

Lord of Mordor

Master of the One Ring

• Project Team
  • 170 posts

Posted 28 March 2015 - 05:51 PM

Thanks! :D Completely tanked our own servers too, but then again that's a good sign for a release :)

Build me an army worthy of Mordor!

HobbitBann5501.png

#4 Mathijs

Mathijs

Post-modern Shaman

• Network Leaders
  • 13,756 posts
  • Projects:Age of the Ring
  • Division:Revora
  • Job:Leader

Posted 28 March 2015 - 05:58 PM

Congratulations on your release!

No fuel left for the pilgrims

#5 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  • Projects:BFME2 - Nazgûl's Special Extended Edition
  •  Veteran

Posted 28 March 2015 - 07:28 PM

Just brilliant!  :thumbsupcool:

Congratulations Edain Team. I hope my models was of use to you guys as well. More are on the way =)

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
"Do not come between the Nazgûl and his mod!"
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> I S.E.E. YOU! <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#6 Zeta1127

Zeta1127

Supporter of P-canon

• Members
  • 415 posts
  • Projects:A Galaxy Far, Far Away
  •  Ancient Order of the Whills Clone Marshal Commander of the 89th Legion

Posted 28 March 2015 - 08:52 PM

Unfortunately, this mod doesn't work for me, because I am not in a position to deal with a .NET issue, since I don't have XP Service Pack 3, which has also prevented me from playing the Stargate: The Pegasus Chronicles mod for Star Wars: Empire at War.

"I'm just a simple man trying to make my way in the universe." - Jango Fett
"You are fooling yourself, Captain. Nothing here is what it seems. You are not the plucky hero, the Alliance is not an evil empire, and this is not the grand arena."
"And that's not incense." - The Operative and Inara Serra
"What you will see, if you leave the Mirror free to work, I cannot tell. For it shows things that were, and things that are, and things that yet maybe. But which it is that he sees, even the wisest cannot always tell. Do you wish to look?" - Galadriel
Clone Marshal Commander Zeta 1127 of the 89th Legion
Admiral Zebulon Wilhelm of Task Force Mystic/Fleet Junkie

#7 njm1983

njm1983

title available

• Project Team
  • 2,867 posts

Posted 28 March 2015 - 10:39 PM

Should be fun. always nice to have something to get the creative juices flowing

#8 Radspakr Wolfbane

Radspakr Wolfbane

The John Farnham of modding

• Members
  • 7,722 posts
  • Projects:Comeback tour
  •  The Retired Beard

Posted 29 March 2015 - 11:41 AM

Zeta why are you still using a 14 year old OS?

Congrats on the release guys.

Break dancing into the hearts of millions

#9 Zeta1127

Zeta1127

Supporter of P-canon

• Members
  • 415 posts

Posted 29 March 2015 - 07:37 PM

Because I can't afford a new computer.

"You are fooling yourself, Captain. Nothing here is what it seems. You are not the plucky hero, the Alliance is not an evil empire, and this is not the grand arena."
"What you will see, if you leave the Mirror free to work, I cannot tell. For it shows things that were, and things that are, and things that yet maybe. But which it is that he sees, even the wisest cannot always tell. Do you wish to look?" - Galadriel

#10 Turin Turumbar

Turin Turumbar
  • Members
  • 99 posts

Posted 30 March 2015 - 10:38 AM

If you are still using Windows XP install all the updates and SP3 at least or you will make your unsafe system even more vulnerable. Windows Updates are free and make your computer save, use them.

#11 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 31 March 2015 - 02:10 AM

@LoM: How is the mod installed, technically? I run SEE from a separate folder... Does Edain interfere with other mods, or the vanilla game? Do one have to remove somethins after install to run vanilla, or another mod? Is there a readme in english somewhere?  :smilehuh:

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg

#12 Rider of Rohan

Rider of Rohan

The Lazy Modder

• Division Leaders
  • 1,555 posts
  • Projects:Age of the Ring and the HD Editions
  •  Mathijs' Bug fix expert
  • Division:BFME
  • Job:T3A Leader

Posted 31 March 2015 - 02:29 AM

It installs into your ROTWK directory, but the mod launcher can disable the mod files so you can run vanilla ROTWK (and other mods).

99dxc486ltde132zg.jpgh5je9noaofg3o26zg.jpg

No parent should have to bury their child - King Theoden

#13 Zeta1127

Zeta1127

Supporter of P-canon

• Members
  • 415 posts

Posted 31 March 2015 - 03:46 AM

That particular machine isn't even connected to the internet.

#14 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 31 March 2015 - 08:11 AM

It installs into your ROTWK directory, but the mod launcher can disable the mod files so you can run vanilla ROTWK (and other mods).

So it shouldn't interfere with how you set up SEE with our launcher, right? SInce we keep it in a separate folder?  <^_^

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg

#15 Ridder Geel

Ridder Geel

Master Yelloh

• T3A Staff
  • 10,852 posts
  • Projects:RC Mod + SEE + RTS Engine
  •  The Dangerous T3A Team Chamber Member
  • Job:T3A Staff

Posted 31 March 2015 - 08:18 AM

Nah SEE is a different expansion, so it shouldn't interfere... :p

Ridder Geel

#16 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 31 March 2015 - 08:32 AM

I guess I'll soon find out...  :crazed:

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg

#17 MattTheLegoman

MattTheLegoman

LEGO Knight of Minas Ithil

• T3A Staff
  • 3,669 posts
  • Projects:Mapping this Middle-earth
  •  Mapper
  • Job:T3A Staff

Posted 31 March 2015 - 08:32 AM

Is there any chance I can delete the large file __edain_german.big? It is 637MB and I'm wondering if it is even necessary? =p

P.S.

There is a crash on the skirmish page. Removing the player files in My The Lord of the Rings, The Rise of the Witch-king Files doesn't work.

Edited by MattTheLegoman, 31 March 2015 - 08:53 AM.

Remember that all worlds draw to an end and that noble death is a treasure which no one is too poor to buy. - C.S. Lewis

There will come a time when you believe everything is finished. That will be the beginning. - Louis L'Amour

What will matter then will be people. If relationships will matter most then, shouldn't they matter most now? - Max Lucado

#18 Turin Turumbar

Turin Turumbar
  • Members
  • 99 posts

Posted 31 March 2015 - 09:23 AM

@Matt: You can delete it, but the launcher wont search for updates corretly anymore if you do so. Also language changing via the launcher won't work anymore. You also need to delete old Create a Heroes, you can simply restore the "My Rise of the Witchking files" folder via the launcher if you click on "Fix a non starting game", but be aware that it deletes the whole folder, so save your maps and replays before.

@Naz: It should not interfere, but I did not test it yet. You need to disable Edain for launching SEE for sure.

Edited by Turin Turumbar, 31 March 2015 - 09:24 AM.

#19 pedrodavidpinto

pedrodavidpinto
  • Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 04 April 2015 - 01:02 PM

@Matt: You can delete it, but the launcher wont search for updates corretly anymore if you do so. Also language changing via the launcher won't work anymore. You also need to delete old Create a Heroes, you can simply restore the "My Rise of the Witchking files" folder via the launcher if you click on "Fix a non starting game", but be aware that it deletes the whole folder, so save your maps and replays before.

@Naz: It should not interfere, but I did not test it yet. You need to disable Edain for launching SEE for sure.

Nazgul and Turin Turumbar. I think you can play both at the same time. Because the Edain is installed in the ROTWK folder and SEE is in a different folder or in the future I don't know will add files in the folder of the BFME 2. I already played Edain mod and after finished the game I switched the Image and I could play SEE 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users