#21 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  • Projects:BFME2 - Nazgûl's Special Extended Edition
  •  Veteran

Posted 23 December 2015 - 03:04 PM

Don't think you understand my point there... but we'll see.

And yes, I have never considered altering the name and the "home base" of the dwarven faction. We see nothing of IH in the movie. It's all about Erebor.

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
"Do not come between the Nazgûl and his mod!"
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> I S.E.E. YOU! <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#22 MattTheLegoman

MattTheLegoman

LEGO Knight of Minas Ithil

• T3A Staff
  • 3,669 posts
  • Projects:Mapping this Middle-earth
  •  Mapper
  • Division:BFME
  • Job:T3A Staff

Posted 23 December 2015 - 03:08 PM

They differ completely in style I guess.

Then you have a chance to make them suitably as one of the elite units in the faction.

Do you have a plan for the barracks? I will create one, the only problem is the destruction animation, I can't animate chunks falling off a building. Do you have a design you want? I'm heavily inspired by The Dwarf Holds, but we can use something more inspired by The Hobbit.

Remember that all worlds draw to an end and that noble death is a treasure which no one is too poor to buy. - C.S. Lewis

There will come a time when you believe everything is finished. That will be the beginning. - Louis L'Amour

What will matter then will be people. If relationships will matter most then, shouldn't they matter most now? - Max Lucado

#23 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 23 December 2015 - 10:28 PM

Yes unfortionately they do and almost look like different "races". Val's model is excellent, and way better in poly count than mine. But I can't model like that, unfortionately, so my models tend to differ in look (Higher poly, "softer" and another color sheme). I also use bigger hands and feet, and different proportions all together, so I'm not sure what to do here. Atm, my modeling motivation is relatively high after the success with IH dwarves, so perhaps I should give it a try after all (even though I don't like hard surfaces). His model was made for SEE, but has found its way into other excellent mods too such as Horse Lords and Shadow and Flame AFAIK, so I guess he wouldn't mind if I went with my own (if I make them). Also, I didn't know modeling back then. Now I do  :whatoa: I'll do some tests, and we'll see...

I could probably do a barracks, but it would helt a lot if someone else did, and I do know you got really good with structures, which is promising since TTandC left for some reason years back  :whathuh: Well, assuming that the vanilla barracks is Erebor, then we need someting new for Iron Hills. That place is not seen in the movies, which gives us some freedom.  :smilehuh: We should try and find some images with a theme/style that feels right...

Destruvtion anims is preferable, but non existant in new factions like Harad and Rhun, so it's not that big of a deal.

Edited by Nazgûl, 23 December 2015 - 10:32 PM.

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg

#24 Rider of Rohan

Rider of Rohan

The Lazy Modder

• Division Leaders
  • 1,555 posts
  • Projects:Age of the Ring and the HD Editions
  •  Mathijs' Bug fix expert
  • Division:BFME
  • Job:T3A Leader

Posted 23 December 2015 - 11:57 PM

Shadow and Flame doesn't use it as it doesn't have a Dwarf faction :p, Only The Horse Lords has the model in use at the moment, Ridder Clan will also use the model at a later point I believe.

99dxc486ltde132zg.jpgh5je9noaofg3o26zg.jpg

No parent should have to bury their child - King Theoden

#25 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 24 December 2015 - 01:02 AM

Oh okay, right... my mistake  :smilehuh:

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg

#26 NewErr

NewErr

Elf-friend

• Project Team
  • 2,177 posts
  • Projects:Wars of The Firstborn
  •  World Wide Artist

Posted 24 December 2015 - 09:29 AM

Now to be real honest, I like how your IH soldiers turned out, and model wise I actually like them better than mine. (Yeah, it's true) Still your texturing style... I'm not very fond of it. And my IH soldier has 1444 polies without the head.

#27 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 24 December 2015 - 11:59 AM

1444? Oh I would never have guessed that? I thought something like 600. Have you tested them in game? I just finished the body of mine last night, landing at 1000 polies, without the head. Head is like 250, spear 150, sword 125 and shield 20. So I guess I'm good as far as poly count goes?  :smilehuh:

Yeah, we differ in texture style as well. Yours are sharper. Out of quriosity, what is it that you don't like about my texturing style?  

Anyways, not sure what I'm gonna do with Erebor units. I'll try a helmet and see how it goes... as that is the hardest part, for me. What I do like about the tast however, is that there are TONS of material for Erebor armor online, in contrast to Iron Hills - especially before EE came out.

EDIT: First try, with helmet.

Edited by Nazgûl, 25 December 2015 - 10:47 PM.

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users