• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Raffe Karim

Raffe Karim
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 01 April 2015 - 12:53 PM

Hi! Generals Zero Hour

I really need help, I'm having constant lagg every 1 second With gentool when im in game lobby in multiplayer, like before game start, not in the multiplayer lobby, but in the game lobby, where we choose armies and so fourth, my fps drop every 1 second from 32 to 15, then back to 32 and to 15, this happens every time. I tried to repair the game through origin, i deleted the game, reinstalled, shutdown my computer, retried, this did not work. I reinstalled gentool but it says some kind of Dangerous file With gentool when i install it and it diminishes it like i shoudnt install it. When I run generals without gentool, it doesnt lagg anywhere, its constant 32 fps there, but only With gentool does this problem occur. I've tried everything I can, im out of options, and I really need help. I love this game and want to continue to play it...

Edited by Raffe Karim, 01 April 2015 - 01:37 PM.

#2 xezon

xezon

GenTool Developer

• Project Team
  • 762 posts

Posted 03 April 2015 - 06:57 PM

Hello, can you upload a dxdiag? And do you run windowed or fullscreen?

Gain access to CNC Online servers by using GenTool for Generals and Zero Hour.

http://www.gentool.net/

"GenTool provides enhanced game controls and optimizations to maximize your online gaming experience. Additionally it comes with three anti cheat solutions for Generals and Zero Hour. The program is easy to install and is fully functional with C&C Generals 1.8, C&C Generals Zero Hour 1.04, Generals Deluxe Edition, The First Decade and The Ultimate Collection."

#3 Raffe Karim

Raffe Karim
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 04 April 2015 - 03:00 PM

Hello, can you upload a dxdiag? And do you run windowed or fullscreen?

Hi! 

Can you explain how I should upload a dxdiag? I don't exactly know how.

I run the game fullscreen.

#4 xezon

xezon

GenTool Developer

• Project Team
  • 762 posts

Posted 04 April 2015 - 03:12 PM

Search for "dxdiag" on google. That should explain it.

Can you please test what happens if you run the game in windowed mode?

Edited by xezon, 04 April 2015 - 03:12 PM.

"GenTool provides enhanced game controls and optimizations to maximize your online gaming experience. Additionally it comes with three anti cheat solutions for Generals and Zero Hour. The program is easy to install and is fully functional with C&C Generals 1.8, C&C Generals Zero Hour 1.04, Generals Deluxe Edition, The First Decade and The Ultimate Collection."

#5 Raffe Karim

Raffe Karim
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 04 April 2015 - 06:51 PM

Ok, I have made the DXdiag as you asked. 

I tried to make it run in Windows mode, but it didn't work. I'm running Generals through Origin without the CNC launcher, I have only gentools. I have tried changing it in properties, but I am unable to make any differences.

Attached Files

#6 xezon

xezon

GenTool Developer

• Project Team
  • 762 posts

Posted 04 April 2015 - 07:58 PM

You can try to install "Bibbers fixed launchers" to run the game in windowed mode through Origin. By the looks of your hardware there should not be any reason for lag. It will be interesting to hear if window mode resolves it.

#7 Raffe Karim

Raffe Karim
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 05 April 2015 - 09:22 AM

You can try to install "Bibbers fixed launchers" to run the game in windowed mode through Origin. By the looks of your hardware there should not be any reason for lag. It will be interesting to hear if window mode resolves it.

Ok, now I have tried with Bibbers Fixed Launchers and run the game through that and even there it laggs in those areas where I've mentioned earlier. Despite no reason to lagg it still does. There is now static background but when I go into the game lobby the FPS drop falls down to 8-9 and then back up to 32 fps and then back down every 1-2 seconds...

#8 xezon

xezon

GenTool Developer

• Project Team
  • 762 posts

Posted 05 April 2015 - 09:07 PM

But did you run in windowed mode?

You can download http://www.codersnotes.com/sleepy/and attach it to generals.exe while the game lags. Then you let it run a while and then post an image/log/investigate the calls that lead to peformance block.

Edited by xezon, 05 April 2015 - 09:10 PM.

#9 Hanfen

Hanfen
  • New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 18 April 2015 - 07:16 PM

Hey, im currently having the same problem with my C&C generals.

I'm also having the FPS somehow capped at 32 and it drops from time to time.

I installed the fixed launchers, and also started the game in windowed mode, but the FPS problem is still there.

I tried to use Very Sleepy, but the Generals.exe does not show up in the list of processes.

#10 xezon

xezon

GenTool Developer

• Project Team
  • 762 posts

Posted 18 April 2015 - 08:23 PM

Can you try to disable "Origin In Game" ? That should solve the problem. You get more FPS when starting a Multiplayer match.

#11 Damocles

Damocles
  • Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 18 April 2015 - 08:34 PM

Disabling Origin in Game solved that problem for me. The game would stutter while looking at the options menu, or while hovering over a building tooltip while in game.

#12 xezon

xezon

GenTool Developer

• Project Team
  • 762 posts

Posted 18 April 2015 - 09:02 PM

I will fix that in next GenTool version. Till then keep Origin In Game off.

Edited by xezon, 18 April 2015 - 09:02 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users