Missing required file "ssleay32.dll"

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Takeyda

Takeyda
  • Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 06 April 2015 - 09:44 PM

Hi everyone. I purchased the Origin pack of all CnC games and I am trying to play it online. I have downloaded CnC Online launcher and registered. When I open CnC Online and try to run Kanes Wrath , I get the error "Missing Required File "ssleay32.dll". If I hook a game with my Virus Protection DISABLED and try to run with the games own launcher, It opens another CnC Online window. I then click Kanes Wrath and my cursor does a loading icon and nothing happens. 

For Generals and ZH When I click on Generals it starts the Origin Launcher, haven't tried to play them online yet. When I click Zero Hour it says "Cannot find Zero Hour Installation" When I click on CnC 3 it displays the same error as Kanes Wrath and the same happens for Red Alert 3. 

Any Ideas? 

Thank you. 

Running windows 8 64 bit OS as well. 

At the very least, your post/topic should include the following:
  • The title should contain the game you are having issues with. Example: [GENERALS] Login issue.
  • What version of the game are you using (Normal, The Ultimate Collection, The First Decade; are you on Origin, are you on Steam)?
  • What kind of error do you get and at what time? Be as precise as possible!
  • What operating system are you using? (Windows 8, Vista, etc)
  • Your error log file. This can be found by typing %TEMP% into your Windows search bar. The file you need is called CNCOnline_Log.txt. You may upload it into your post or copy and paste its contents

1. I am having an issue running all of the supported games via the CnC Online platform.

2. Origin Ultimate Collection

3. Described above

4. Windows 8

Spoiler

Edited by Takeyda, 06 April 2015 - 10:33 PM.

#2 Mathijs

Mathijs

Post-modern Shaman

• Network Leaders
  • 13,756 posts
  • Projects:Age of the Ring
  • Division:Revora
  • Job:Leader

Posted 06 April 2015 - 10:00 PM

From the top of this subforum:

n5nBs4c.png

BEFORE ASKING FOR HELP:

CAREFULLY read and watch our installation guides (LINK)

CAREFULLY read the following threads:

(How to report issues & Common Issues & Solutions)

No fuel left for the pilgrims

#3 Takeyda

Takeyda
  • Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 06 April 2015 - 10:18 PM

The "solution" is to hook and run via the games direct application, if you had read my post before posting something useless to me you would see that that so called "solution" did not work for me. 

#4 Mathijs

Mathijs

Post-modern Shaman

• Network Leaders
  • 13,756 posts

Posted 06 April 2015 - 10:20 PM

It links to another thread that tells you just what we need to help you. No need to get angry. 

#5 Takeyda

Takeyda
  • Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 06 April 2015 - 10:31 PM

It links to another thread that tells you just what we need to help you. No need to get angry. 

Im not angry just frustrated. I've been trying to get this working for a few hours now via this site and other sources of information and nothing is working for me.... Im not just some idiot asking for someone to fix my problem I have actually attempted to fix it myself. 

Updated the original post. 

Edited by Takeyda, 06 April 2015 - 10:31 PM.

#6 Mathijs

Mathijs

Post-modern Shaman

• Network Leaders
  • 13,756 posts

Posted 06 April 2015 - 10:44 PM

Didn't say you were an idiot, we just copy paste that notice into incomplete issue reports to save time. 

Ok, have you:

- Installed the fixed launchers for the Origin Ultimate Collection?

- Tried running everything as administrator?

#7 Takeyda

Takeyda
  • Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 06 April 2015 - 10:57 PM

Didn't say you were an idiot, we just copy paste that notice into incomplete issue reports to save time. 

Ok, have you:

- Installed the fixed launchers for the Origin Ultimate Collection?

- Tried running everything as administrator?

Yes I have installed the fixed launchers. After that, I am able to run Generals by Hooking and running the game specific application as an administrator and I was able to access the online server.

Zero Hour still says Installation not found.

C&C 3 TW Only ran the Origin launcher, not the game. I tried running CnC3 Launcher.exe as admin located in {C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Command and Conquer 3 TW and KW} and the same process located in {C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Command and Conquer 3 TW and KW\Command Conquer 3 Tiberium Wars} If I run the game through the Origin launcher will I still have access to the CnC Online server? 

C&C 3 KW after attempting to run it the same as I did for the others only put the CnC Online program in an unresponsive state for about 1 1/2 minutes. Then it comes back to normal and the game does not launch. 

Red Alert 3 runs fine.  

Edited by Takeyda, 06 April 2015 - 11:00 PM.

#8 Mathijs

Mathijs

Post-modern Shaman

• Network Leaders
  • 13,756 posts

Posted 06 April 2015 - 11:00 PM

Alright, I'll refer this to some of the smarter people around here. Stay tuned.

#9 Takeyda

Takeyda
  • Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 06 April 2015 - 11:07 PM

Alright, I'll refer this to some of the smarter people around here. Stay tuned.

Much appreciated (y)

#10 Rooster14250

Rooster14250
  • Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 06 April 2015 - 11:46 PM

Where did you buy the games from? Did you buy & download them off the internet or get them from a CD? Sometimes downloaded games can have small bugs and can be reported to the vendor. 

#11 Takeyda

Takeyda
  • Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 06 April 2015 - 11:50 PM

Where did you buy the games from? Did you buy & download them off the internet or get them from a CD? Sometimes downloaded games can have small bugs and can be reported to the vendor. 

I bought the digital version of the Ultimate Collection on Origin. The games work fine on their own but I'm trying to get them working with CnC Online. 

Edited by Takeyda, 06 April 2015 - 11:51 PM.

#12 Takeyda

Takeyda
  • Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 07 April 2015 - 09:41 AM

friendly neighborhood bumpman dropping in.

#13 ToxicShock

ToxicShock

Gamereplays.org Staff

• Division Leaders
  • 9,685 posts
  • Projects:Shatabrick C&C Player Database
  •  I have blue text?
  • Division:C&C:Online
  • Job:C&C:Online Leader

Posted 07 April 2015 - 10:51 AM

Hi. The problem you have with Zero Hour is an easy fix; don't use the launcher to start the game. Install GenTool and start the game from the ordinary game shortcut. It's best to start the game "As Administrator" and with Windows XP SP3 compatibility (set from the compatibility tab on the Shortcut properties).

If you are using the Ultimate Collection, I recommend making a separate short cut (rather than the Ultimate Collection Launcher).

Just find generals.exe in C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Command and Conquer Generals Zero Hour\Command and Conquer Generals Zero Hour and make a shortcut to that (setting run as admin and compatibility on that shortcut).

With Kane's Wrath, try running the launcher with Windows 7 compatibility and hooking. Keep in mind, with Kane's Wrath and Tiberium Wars, that it can take a while for the game to unload (maybe even a minute) after you exit or attempt to launch, which could be one of the problems.

Gamereplays.org staff - Shatabrick admin.

#14 Takeyda

Takeyda
  • Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 07 April 2015 - 06:04 PM

Thanks for responding. 

Kane's Wrath works fine now, however Zero Hour still says installation not found after installing gentool and running directly from the ZH launcher in compatibility mode. Uninstalling Generals and ZH and reinstalling and I will reinstall gentool and the fixed launchers. 

In Kanes Wrath, after every game I get a "Lost connection to Kanes Wrath online" and I have to re-load the game because if I simply re-log into the online part of the game I can no longer switch my team, color or side. :| Odd. 

edit - after trying to re-launch due to the disconnection prompt above, its doing the same thing as before. CnC Online freezes after launching and nothing happens. I waited 4 minutes to be sure. 

Edited by Takeyda, 07 April 2015 - 08:07 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users