serious error serious error crash windows

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Fried Chicken

Fried Chicken
  • Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 23 April 2015 - 10:32 PM

This is getting to be too much.  Anytime a game continues long enough to accumulate a significant number of units on the map, the game crashes to the desktop and displays the error messages "you have encountered a serious error" etc and prompts me to push ok.

Is there an obvious fix to this problem? Googling hasn't yielded much.

I'm running windows 8.1, Origin version of generals, computer has plenty of horsepower.

Also 1.04, Gentool, etc.

#2 xezon

xezon

GenTool Developer

• Project Team
  • 762 posts

Posted 23 April 2015 - 10:33 PM

You can try to fix the game crash in assembler.

Gain access to CNC Online servers by using GenTool for Generals and Zero Hour.

http://www.gentool.net/

"GenTool provides enhanced game controls and optimizations to maximize your online gaming experience. Additionally it comes with three anti cheat solutions for Generals and Zero Hour. The program is easy to install and is fully functional with C&C Generals 1.8, C&C Generals Zero Hour 1.04, Generals Deluxe Edition, The First Decade and The Ultimate Collection."

#3 ICT

ICT

-

• Veterans
  • 3,075 posts
  •  -- MOC --
  • Division:BFME
  • Job:Online Admin

Posted 23 April 2015 - 10:41 PM

I am afraid there is not much we can do, but maybe someone has an idea - it could be graphics related? I don't know if this is a known bug in the generals code. Can you reproduce it constantly, what does it depend on? Only number of units on a certain map?

"To know what question we may reasonably propose is in itself a strong evidence of sagacity or intelligence. For if a question be in itself incongruous and begs for uncalled-for answers, it holds, sometimes, besides embarrassing the proposer, the disadvantage to seduce the unguarded listener into giving absurd answers, and we are presented with the ridiculous spectacle of one (as the ancients said) milking the he-goat, and the other holding a sieve beneath."

#4 Fried Chicken

Fried Chicken
  • Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 25 April 2015 - 05:46 PM

I am afraid there is not much we can do, but maybe someone has an idea - it could be graphics related? I don't know if this is a known bug in the generals code. Can you reproduce it constantly, what does it depend on? Only number of units on a certain map?

Generally yes.  Too many units/too much going on causes the game to crash consistently.

Usually happens when playing AOD, but occasionally happens in 3v3 or 2v2v2 games, and it is very very frustrating.

#5 ICT

ICT

-

• Veterans
  • 3,075 posts
  •  -- MOC --
  • Division:BFME
  • Job:Online Admin

Posted 25 April 2015 - 08:03 PM

You should probably contact the official technical support for the game if there is still one.

"To know what question we may reasonably propose is in itself a strong evidence of sagacity or intelligence. For if a question be in itself incongruous and begs for uncalled-for answers, it holds, sometimes, besides embarrassing the proposer, the disadvantage to seduce the unguarded listener into giving absurd answers, and we are presented with the ridiculous spectacle of one (as the ancients said) milking the he-goat, and the other holding a sieve beneath."

#6 xezon

xezon

GenTool Developer

• Project Team
  • 762 posts

Posted 25 April 2015 - 10:39 PM

Chances are zero that EA patches and fixes the crash. If you want to fix it you have to do it yourself - or avoid matches with too many units.

Edited by xezon, 25 April 2015 - 10:39 PM.

Gain access to CNC Online servers by using GenTool for Generals and Zero Hour.

http://www.gentool.net/

"GenTool provides enhanced game controls and optimizations to maximize your online gaming experience. Additionally it comes with three anti cheat solutions for Generals and Zero Hour. The program is easy to install and is fully functional with C&C Generals 1.8, C&C Generals Zero Hour 1.04, Generals Deluxe Edition, The First Decade and The Ultimate Collection."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users