• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 samad186

samad186
  • Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 26 April 2015 - 04:46 PM

Hi

I'm struggling to play online with multiple friends, playing with another single player works fine. All my friends have the same problem and I can't understand why.

#2 ToxicShock

ToxicShock

Gamereplays.org Staff

• Division Leaders
  • 9,685 posts
  • Projects:Shatabrick C&C Player Database
  •  I have blue text?
  • Division:C&C:Online
  • Job:C&C:Online Leader

Posted 27 April 2015 - 02:27 PM

Which game is it?   All of the games work differently so we can't try to help you unless you tell us that.

Gamereplays.org staff - Shatabrick admin.

#3 Emae2

Emae2
  • New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 April 2015 - 07:10 PM

Red Alert 3

#4 xezon

xezon

GenTool Developer

• Project Team
  • 762 posts

Posted 27 April 2015 - 11:04 PM

Cute kitty

Gain access to CNC Online servers by using GenTool for Generals and Zero Hour.

http://www.gentool.net/

"GenTool provides enhanced game controls and optimizations to maximize your online gaming experience. Additionally it comes with three anti cheat solutions for Generals and Zero Hour. The program is easy to install and is fully functional with C&C Generals 1.8, C&C Generals Zero Hour 1.04, Generals Deluxe Edition, The First Decade and The Ultimate Collection."

#5 ICT

ICT

-

• Veterans
  • 3,075 posts
  •  -- MOC --
  • Division:BFME
  • Job:Online Admin

Posted 28 April 2015 - 07:41 AM

Hi, you can try various approaches

- if you have trouble connecting to people online (this seems to happen in RA3 the most)
Solution 1: If you got the game(s) through The Ultimate Collection bundle, DOWNLOAD THIS to prevent connection issues to people that don't have The Ultimate Collection.
Solution 3: Try adding C&C:Online to your Firewall exceptions. Use Google to find out how this is done.
Solution 4: Do you have Hamachi, Tunngle or similar services installed? Try to disable their virtual network devices and shut them down. If it doesn't help, try uninstalling them and rebooting your computer. The IP address in the game's Options > Network settings must be your computer's LAN IP (e.g. 192.168.x.x or 10.x.x.x).

Solution 5b: [RA3 ONLY] Removing the static port: If, when starting a game in RA3, your connection always times out, try the following:
Find your game's Options.ini (this can be found by typing %appdata% in the Windows search bar and opening the game's folder there). Open Options.ini and remove the following line:

FirewallPortOverride = 16000Then save Options.ini and set it to read only (right click > properties).
Solution 6: Try opening your DMZ in your router settings. More information on how to do this can be found here.

"To know what question we may reasonably propose is in itself a strong evidence of sagacity or intelligence. For if a question be in itself incongruous and begs for uncalled-for answers, it holds, sometimes, besides embarrassing the proposer, the disadvantage to seduce the unguarded listener into giving absurd answers, and we are presented with the ridiculous spectacle of one (as the ancients said) milking the he-goat, and the other holding a sieve beneath."

#6 samad186

samad186
  • Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 28 April 2015 - 09:24 AM

'I HAVE READ THE HOW-TO THREAD'

Hi, we are a group of 4 trying to play online together but am having issues, playing 1 on 1 works fine with or without extra AI, however connecting anymore players results with the message of "could not connect with other players"

We all have the ports opened, gentools placed in the correct folder with c&c running in the background, also have tried having port 1600 open

#7 xezon

xezon

GenTool Developer

• Project Team
  • 762 posts

Posted 28 April 2015 - 11:51 AM

Are you all behind same router? I think port 1600 is not correct.

Gain access to CNC Online servers by using GenTool for Generals and Zero Hour.

http://www.gentool.net/

"GenTool provides enhanced game controls and optimizations to maximize your online gaming experience. Additionally it comes with three anti cheat solutions for Generals and Zero Hour. The program is easy to install and is fully functional with C&C Generals 1.8, C&C Generals Zero Hour 1.04, Generals Deluxe Edition, The First Decade and The Ultimate Collection."

#8 samad186

samad186
  • Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 28 April 2015 - 01:46 PM

Hi, the game is generals zero hour, on origin brought from the humble bundle, I have created another post to obey the rules, so if possible would like to have them merged

#9 ICT

ICT

-

• Veterans
  • 3,075 posts
  •  -- MOC --

Posted 28 April 2015 - 02:00 PM

Hi, the game is generals zero hour, on origin brought from the humble bundle, I have created another post to obey the rules, so if possible would like to have them merged

Done. I assumed Emae2 is one of your friends stating RA3. Alright, ZeroHour then.

"To know what question we may reasonably propose is in itself a strong evidence of sagacity or intelligence. For if a question be in itself incongruous and begs for uncalled-for answers, it holds, sometimes, besides embarrassing the proposer, the disadvantage to seduce the unguarded listener into giving absurd answers, and we are presented with the ridiculous spectacle of one (as the ancients said) milking the he-goat, and the other holding a sieve beneath."

#10 samad186

samad186
  • Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 28 April 2015 - 06:36 PM

No idea who Emae2 is. Does anyone have any more ideas? we can't be the only ones with this problem?

#11 ICT

ICT

-

• Veterans
  • 3,075 posts
  •  -- MOC --

Posted 28 April 2015 - 06:48 PM

Please answer xezons question :). Did you check whether port 16000 is really open?

#12 samad186

samad186
  • Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 29 April 2015 - 04:23 AM

Yeah I did get everyone to open 16000

#13 ICT

ICT

-

• Veterans
  • 3,075 posts
  •  -- MOC --

Posted 29 April 2015 - 09:07 PM

Is anyone using origin? Did you try the following? Do not start the game with the launcher.

Solution 1 (Generals & Zero Hour):
1) Install the fixed launchers (applicable only if you have the Ultimate Collection via Origin) DOWNLOAD
2) Install GenTool (can be installed if you have Origin versions / retail versions)
3) Play without using the launcher.

Also, is anyone having vpn adapters installed like hamachi? Make sure to completely disable them.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users