1 reply to this topic

#1 Meyerm

Meyerm

Commisar

• Members
  • 716 posts

Posted 27 April 2015 - 03:08 AM

This is my intention:

I'm making a private mini-mod for myself that returns mind control and cloning to the soviets and turns Yuri's faction into the soviet PsiCorps subfaction. I've converted the faction and given the soviets all the old tech they lost after RA2, but these things remain to be done which I don't know how to do and couldn't find a tutorial on:

1. Changing Yuri's flag as shown in the player list and skirmish game setup, preferrably a custom flag that merges Yuri and Russia's flag (would mean importing a new flag design, but I could go without it if need be)

2. Changing the name and loading screen of Yuri's faction (just text and swapping to Russia's load screen, no new images needed here)

3. Changing unit/structure models to RA2 exclusive models (soviet cloning vats and psy sensor, Yuri unit/psicorps trooper, etc.)

I was doing a similar thing for my own copy of the Mental Omega mod, where flag and loading screen options were listed in country data, but the vanilla YR rules.ini doesn't have that, which is why I'm stuck. ANy help will be appreciated.

#2 Atomic_Noodles

Atomic_Noodles

Colony Hivemind

• Project Team
  • 854 posts
  • Projects:Red Alert - Colony Wars
  •  Colony Wars Hive Mind

Posted 27 April 2015 - 04:49 AM

1. For the Flag you need to create a new PCX/SHP File to replace the one with the same to override/replace the existing one.

2. You also need to edit the ra2md.csf which contains all the random long-text stuff you're specifically asking to edit. Also you need to change the Loading Screen SHPs & Palettes that goes with them.

3. Again just renaming them to the new YR ones so that they will override the YR ones.

~ Getting cringe reactions when you see a RAINBOW means you have issues. ~

"This World is an Illussion,Exile" -High Templar Dominus

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users