#1 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  • Projects:BFME2 - Nazgûl's Special Extended Edition
  •  Veteran

Posted 30 April 2015 - 02:25 PM

As you might expect, we can't have a movie mod, started by a swede like me, and exclude swedish actor Michael Persbrandt that playes Beorn (even though I didn't quite fancy his performance). As such, we need  two models for Beorn. One in human form and one in bear form. I got a nice donation from BOTTA mod for the human model, so that saves me a lot of time. He's using Whaldar's anims. Myself I'm going to make the bear model. The only question is, how to rig it and how it will perform in game. Beorn will naturally be able to shape shift into the bear with tremendeous power. But should it be unlimited or limited? Should he walk on two paws or four (I think I prefer the latter). The only SKL I can think of is the warg. Doesn anyone have any other idea or thoughts as to how Beorn in bear form should perform?

Beorn_(Bear_Form).jpg

Edited by Nazgûl, 30 April 2015 - 11:47 PM.

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
"Do not come between the Nazgûl and his mod!"
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> I S.E.E. YOU! <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#2 Elric

Elric

Designer

• Hosted
  • 2,857 posts
  • Projects:Middle-Earth Expanded
  •  Coder
  • Donated

Posted 30 April 2015 - 06:24 PM

Wolf Animations.

#3 Lauri

Lauri

Old man Lauri

• Hosted
  • 10,436 posts
  • Projects:The 4th Age
  •  The very worst T3A Team Chamber Member

Posted 30 April 2015 - 10:02 PM

There are bear animations in the game already, but there isn't any attacking animations or stuff like that. There was a set made for Rhovanion Alliance, back in the days. Might be lost though..

I've never heard about a bear who walks on two feet. They haul their ass up to fight and scare, sure, but not actually move over a certain distance. Could be wrong. Unlimited use of the bear for, I'd say. Maybe make powers that require a certain form? Offensive powers as a bear (or create fear?), but inspirational powers as a man. Unlimited switching, but maybe on a cooldown? Or maybe toggle to bear form for x amount of minutes, then a cooldown?

T4A_Logo_-_article.png

The 4th Age version 0.8 has been released: Link

#4 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 30 April 2015 - 10:42 PM

They can, but I don't think they do it often. I was more thinking about how Beorn is described in the book, as I don't remember..

Interesting ideas. He'll have Fear for sure, maybe like a roar and a pulse that scares all, like Shelob.

Gandalf_and_Beorn.jpg

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg

#5 Lauri

Lauri

Old man Lauri

• Hosted
  • 10,436 posts
  • Projects:The 4th Age
  •  The very worst T3A Team Chamber Member

Posted 30 April 2015 - 11:14 PM

I don't recall if it was described or not. Ironic that the video of the "Amazing two-feet walking bear" lasted 45 seconds, and the bear walked on two feet for 10 seconds, then went on all four the rest of the time :p

T4A_Logo_-_article.png

The 4th Age version 0.8 has been released: Link

#6 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 30 April 2015 - 11:47 PM

haha yeah I agree  :tiger:

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg

#7 njm1983

njm1983

title available

• Project Team
  • 2,867 posts

Posted 02 May 2015 - 01:22 AM

You may wanna try the great beast skl  for the bear form. The warg rear leg structure is different and will look funny. though I didnt check the great beast legs either.

#8 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 02 May 2015 - 01:52 AM

Well the big problem with the great beast, is that it has hardly any anims at all. I'd like the bear to be able to attack and use it's mouth, so Warg is the only option. I don't know rigging, but perhaps if you skip one bone in the back leg, perhaps it's possible to have them not bend backwards...

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg

#9 njm1983

njm1983

title available

• Project Team
  • 2,867 posts

Posted 02 May 2015 - 03:37 AM

You have a point. I hadnt considered this. I guess I just imagine him charging around non stop, trampling the enemy

#10 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 02 May 2015 - 10:36 AM

Yeah, that would be kinda boring. I'd like to see him roar and bite as well as trample. And yes, the beast back legs bend the same way... All 4 legged animals do.

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users