Photo

Hidden soviet engineer in S10 Lunatic (Easy dif.)

soviet campaign act 1 lunatic s10 volkov chitzkoi psychic beacon engineer soviet airbase campaign act 1

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 Sizyfos31

Sizyfos31
  • Members
  • 178 posts

Posted 06 May 2015 - 06:22 PM

There have been discussion about the mysterious truck in Warranty Void, but I have not seen single topic about this  :ninja: hidden fella in S10 Lunatic

DISCLAIMER : Played on Easy difficulty (try with other difficulties for yourselves)

Is this poor scared engineer all that's left from previous mission requirement (or just a little helping hand in exploring this interesting map scenario / destroying ROC rebel forces?)

lK9tGHU.jpg?1

Some of more interesting buildings you can capture with the engineer are : 

All "Old soviet" structures -only tried Barracks so far, but could not train any infantry :whatoa:

Soviet Barracks (top-right location on the map, just under the ridge, where Psychic beacon is build) - not being able to build more engineers for self-sustained base is wise design choice :grin:

Soviet Airbase - possibly the best choice so far, as you will stop paradrops later in the mission (when it took you too much time to get to that cargo plane) and have enough funds to build 4 Hailfoxes.

svuc5WV.jpg

A0sWDJe.jpg

Mine shaft (top-left location on the map, just behind Industrial Plant in the mini base) - I have not yet managed to capture this structure, but the possibility would be that I get the same result as with Old Soviet Barracks (nothing). Yet something makes me believe, that it could work just like the Mine Shaft from Warranty Void. :blink:

UPDATE : I managed to capture Mine shaft. This action advance ingame story : vzRyzbd.png

Well, Hailfoxes have awesome voice pack, that really fits the soviet/chinese jet pilot theme, but there is nothing special about them, apart from their unavailability (on the other hand, to have soviet type airforce for the missions require nothing more than just being an airforce). Acts just like vanilla Harrier.

I have few thoughts behind this hidden engineer in this mission : 

1) Was required for some task in previous scenarios in this mission (capturing some structure, maybe even THAT same Airbase I did, or even the Cargo plane to operate it - just like they work with sniped neutral units)

2) Debug purpose (AKA read Debug Malver clone in E11 Singularity)

3) something I haven't got to yet  :huh:

P.S: There are two heal crates in this mission, one near Old Refinery (beware of NuWas around) and other one on far right near the location, where you have to destroy barrel next to Infantry bunker (2 Terror Drones patrolling this place). Also, as soon as you recieve command of the engineer, Chinese will start to use EMP pulse on him (just like in skirmish, but the first time Volkov will get stunned/deactivated).

Edit: some formatting and smilies. :whathuh:

Edited by Sizyfos31, 06 May 2015 - 08:28 PM.

• Martinoz and Petya like this

This is what I see when anyone misspell Fury Drone as Furry Drone

I made a youtube playlist of songs that may have inspired mission names (at least 50% is correct and seen by Speeder himself)

#2 Meyerm

Meyerm

Commisar

• Members
  • 716 posts

Posted 06 May 2015 - 08:06 PM

Interesting find. I just did ini editor, doing some crazy stuff like giving Chitz mind control and having qilins deploy into barracks, and making chrono legionairess free and only require a barracks to be built.... it's like that one soviet mission from the RA1 expansions where the chronosphere's making soviet units do weird things, lol.

#3 Speeder

Speeder

#ControlMOre

• Hosted
  • 8,992 posts
  • Projects:Mental Omega
  •  Mental Omega Creator

Posted 06 May 2015 - 08:08 PM

There's an entire trigger that makes the Engineer join you when you get nearby, it was placed there on purpose. ;)

Glad to see people still finding the secrets I put in the missions. :D

mainbanner.jpg
bt_left.pngbt_fb.pngbt_yt.pngbt_tw.pngbt_md.pngbt_right.png
115776.png

#4 Sizyfos31

Sizyfos31
  • Members
  • 178 posts

Posted 06 May 2015 - 09:22 PM

So I suppose I am not some slowpoke from fans to find this? Well, when I saw the engineer there and I COULD NOT kill him, it was kind fo suspicious  :grin: .

Also found out, that he joins the player AFTER the Beacon was destroyed (what makes sense). But when I entered the Bunker and the text popped up, I wondered, why this was not one of the objectives. Anyway, was the Dragonflies finding any significant in later missions? Or just some foreshadowing of Chinese weaponry? I would stick to the latter. I have yet to complete S11, S12 and entire Epsilon campaign (thought I almost finished Singularity, where I erased both Soviet bases with elite NuWa)

I made a youtube playlist of songs that may have inspired mission names (at least 50% is correct and seen by Speeder himself)

#5 Petya

Petya

title available

• Project Team
  • 1,324 posts

Posted 07 May 2015 - 05:59 AM

I've always wondered what the money was for in that mission. Now I know it. :D Nice discovery!

#6 isaac103

isaac103

title available

• Members
  • 357 posts

Posted 19 March 2017 - 11:19 PM

Is the hidden engineer still there on The Lunatic? 

#7 Damfoos

Damfoos

When world domination haven't cured the emptiness inside

• Members
  • 870 posts
  • Projects:Translation of various cool C&C mods.
  •  Mental Omega Russian Translator

Posted 20 March 2017 - 08:08 AM

Yes, and now capturing the mine shaft gives you different text message.

#8 isaac103

isaac103

title available

• Members
  • 357 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 01:50 PM

What's the message this time around? I am too lazy to replay this mission again haha  :mellowthumbsup:

#9 Solais

Solais

Conspiracy Theorist

• Members
  • 1,648 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 03:47 PM

What was the message for the first time?

#10 Handepsilon

Handepsilon

Firestorm Gnome

• Members
  • 2,325 posts
  • Projects:Renegade X: Firestorm
  •  *intensely rolls around*

Posted 20 March 2017 - 03:56 PM

vzRyzbd.png

I like gnomes

YunruThinkEmoji.png

Visit us in Totem Arts site
(Firestorm is still SoonTM)

#11 isaac103

isaac103

title available

• Members
  • 357 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 04:36 PM

vzRyzbd.png

lol I'm sure we all want to know the different message that plays out once you capture the mine shaft.

#12 Handepsilon

Handepsilon

Firestorm Gnome

• Members
  • 2,325 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 05:48 PM

Played through and here's the paraphrase. My computer went blue screen before I can upload it.

"This mine shaft leads to a network of tunnels. This might explain how the rebels got here"

In short, a nod to Warranty Void

Edited by Handepsilon, 20 March 2017 - 05:48 PM.

I like gnomes

YunruThinkEmoji.png

#13 isaac103

isaac103

title available

• Members
  • 357 posts

Posted 22 March 2017 - 04:27 AM

There have been discussion about the mysterious truck in Warranty Void, but I have not seen single topic about this  :ninja: hidden fella in S10 Lunatic

DISCLAIMER : Played on Easy difficulty (try with other difficulties for yourselves)

Is this poor scared engineer all that's left from previous mission requirement (or just a little helping hand in exploring this interesting map scenario / destroying ROC rebel forces?)

lK9tGHU.jpg?1

Some of more interesting buildings you can capture with the engineer are : 

All "Old soviet" structures -only tried Barracks so far, but could not train any infantry :whatoa:

Soviet Barracks (top-right location on the map, just under the ridge, where Psychic beacon is build) - not being able to build more engineers for self-sustained base is wise design choice :grin:

Soviet Airbase - possibly the best choice so far, as you will stop paradrops later in the mission (when it took you too much time to get to that cargo plane) and have enough funds to build 4 Hailfoxes.

svuc5WV.jpg

A0sWDJe.jpg

Mine shaft (top-left location on the map, just behind Industrial Plant in the mini base) - I have not yet managed to capture this structure, but the possibility would be that I get the same result as with Old Soviet Barracks (nothing). Yet something makes me believe, that it could work just like the Mine Shaft from Warranty Void. :blink:

UPDATE : I managed to capture Mine shaft. This action advance ingame story : vzRyzbd.png

Well, Hailfoxes have awesome voice pack, that really fits the soviet/chinese jet pilot theme, but there is nothing special about them, apart from their unavailability (on the other hand, to have soviet type airforce for the missions require nothing more than just being an airforce). Acts just like vanilla Harrier.

I have few thoughts behind this hidden engineer in this mission : 

1) Was required for some task in previous scenarios in this mission (capturing some structure, maybe even THAT same Airbase I did, or even the Cargo plane to operate it - just like they work with sniped neutral units)

2) Debug purpose (AKA read Debug Malver clone in E11 Singularity)

3) something I haven't got to yet  :huh:

P.S: There are two heal crates in this mission, one near Old Refinery (beware of NuWas around) and other one on far right near the location, where you have to destroy barrel next to Infantry bunker (2 Terror Drones patrolling this place). Also, as soon as you recieve command of the engineer, Chinese will start to use EMP pulse on him (just like in skirmish, but the first time Volkov will get stunned/deactivated).

Edit: some formatting and smilies. :whathuh:

Finally, does the Hailfox still exist if I capture the Soviet Air Pad or has it been replaced by the Foxtrot?

#14 Handepsilon

Handepsilon

Firestorm Gnome

• Members
  • 2,325 posts

Posted 22 March 2017 - 09:18 AM

Most likely replaced by Foxtrots

I like gnomes

YunruThinkEmoji.png

#15 HTD

HTD
  • Members
  • 50 posts
  • Projects:MO TV Tropes

Posted 22 March 2017 - 10:28 AM

For all intents and purposes the Hailfox is the same thing as the Foxtrot, except that the Foxtrot has napalm missiles and is available in skirmish.

#16 Sizyfos31

Sizyfos31
  • Members
  • 178 posts

Posted 22 March 2017 - 07:09 PM

Even the same voice pack? It was quite a while between that experience of mine and me playing 3.3

#17 Damfoos

Damfoos

When world domination haven't cured the emptiness inside

• Members
  • 870 posts
  • Projects:Translation of various cool C&C mods.
  •  Mental Omega Russian Translator

Posted 22 March 2017 - 07:42 PM

Hailfox used a mix of Boris' MiG voice lines and Chinese MiG from Generals.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users