#1 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  • Projects:BFME2 - Nazgûl's Special Extended Edition
  •  Veteran

Posted 10 May 2015 - 11:35 PM

I've gotten quite a few questions on my plans for making new models for SEE so I might as well make this topic for all to see...

No, I do not plan to do a "HD version" of BFME. The sole reason I do models is cause there's a lack of them - especially after the new Hobbit movies, and I can't expect donations for everything I need. So, since I learned how to use zBrush, I resorted to making the most prioritized models myself. Models that also can be used for trading with other mods. I know my models are a bit too high poly for BFME, but the engine can handle high poly single unit heroes for sure, so that's no problem. As far as horde units go, I struggle and do my best to keep polys down, while still maintaining the characteristics of my raw high poly model and ot sacrificing too much detail. I find modeling in zBrush quite fun and while I do this I also create a personal portfolio that so far has only been drawings, paintings and 2D graphics like graphical layouts etc. The essence of SEE has always been to capture the ambiance of the movies, so these models certainly help in the reach for that achievement.

Now, aside what has already been done, which is mostly assets for goblins and dwarves, what are my plans for SEE in general? Most remaining units already exist, so I'm gonna target what might still be missing off course, but mostly it will be about the ones that are in highest need of polishing, so that we get a somewhat equal graphical appearance for all assets in SEE. 

MISTY MOUNTAINS, left to do:

- More gear (helmets and shields) for the Gundabad Orcs (donation from Tactics mod)

- Half Troll (seen in BotFA, attacking Bard's children and Alfred). This model is pending

EREBOR

- Dain (& perhaps his pig, that would be a boar in SEE)

- Iron Hills warriors (most likely in low armor)

Looking for trade-in or donation for Gimli!

ISENGARD

- Lurtz

- Ugluk

- Mauhur

- Uruk Scouts

MORDOR

- Nazgûls

- Some new orcs

RHÛN

- Smaug

HARAD

- Camels, for cavalry

I'd like to attempt a new more accurate mûmakil, but I doubt it would be possible to rig without too much hassle.

LORIEN

Looking for trade-ins or donations for Thranduil and Tauriel! (Looks like BOTTA mod will deliver)

ROHAN

Looking for trade-ins or donations for Peasants.

GONDOR

No plans atm. Most units are all set, even though they differ slightly in model style... We'll see when we get to Gondor.

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
"Do not come between the Nazgûl and his mod!"
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> I S.E.E. YOU! <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users