Photo

No Sound C&C3

Best Answer QuakeFreak, 22 May 2015 - 06:06 AM

Nevermind I'm stupid.  I switch my video output from my monitor (DVI) to my tv (HDMI) very often.  When I do this i have to switch the audio from regular sound ouput to the tv output (because the tv uses HDMI when I'm using that I have to tell windows to use the video sound driver over the mobo sound driver).  When I make the tv the default devise it makes the regular sound I/O the default "communication device".  Thats why I could hear my friend talking and talk back to him using my headset witch is plugged into the sound card but nothing else from the computer.  Sorry I have been drinking tonight and thats probably why this happened.  And by the way I have played an online game with my friend and it worked great!  Keep up the good work.

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 QuakeFreak

QuakeFreak
  • New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 22 May 2015 - 02:15 AM

I've been playing Command and Conquer with my friends over a LAN and thats been working just fine for the past few weeks.  But we decided to try to play online and give revora a try.  So far I have not started or connected to an online game, but everything seems to be working as far as network connectivity.  Only issue is that now the game has no sound.   Sound was working fine before I installed c&c online and after its gone.  Doesn't matter if I start the game from the launcher or from its own executable.  Any ideas?

Windows 7 pro

C&C3 is installed through Steam

onboard RealTek HD audio sound card (not running from hdmi)

Gigabyte X58A-UD3R MOBO

Intel Core i7 950

Nvidia Geforce GTX 460

6 gigs DDR3 RAM

all drivers up to date

#2 QuakeFreak

QuakeFreak
  • New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 22 May 2015 - 06:06 AM   Best Answer

Nevermind I'm stupid.  I switch my video output from my monitor (DVI) to my tv (HDMI) very often.  When I do this i have to switch the audio from regular sound ouput to the tv output (because the tv uses HDMI when I'm using that I have to tell windows to use the video sound driver over the mobo sound driver).  When I make the tv the default devise it makes the regular sound I/O the default "communication device".  Thats why I could hear my friend talking and talk back to him using my headset witch is plugged into the sound card but nothing else from the computer.  Sorry I have been drinking tonight and thats probably why this happened.  And by the way I have played an online game with my friend and it worked great!  Keep up the good work.

Edited by QuakeFreak, 22 May 2015 - 06:07 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users