#61 ThrandyBanned

ThrandyBanned

Sith Lord Of Mirkwood

• Banned
  • 321 posts
  • Projects:The Battlefront Mod For Warband
  •  Skinner,Modeler,Coder

Posted 25 September 2015 - 08:52 PM

I only disagree about the Helmets Gold lines ,all Soldiers Have them in the Movie and the Officers just have Different Crest above the Helmets! :-)

Bronze lines instead of them then! :)

This mod will be so fun to play on -95% Handicap :thumbsupxd:

#62 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  • Projects:BFME2 - Nazgûl's Special Extended Edition
  •  Veteran

Posted 26 September 2015 - 09:52 AM

Well, it's not a matter of not wanting to split factions. It's a matter of being realistic to goals. 90% of all mods die because modders have unrealistic goals. They set of to conquer Mount Everest instead of a hill and then work they way up. I restarded this mod after having walked into such a trap, like others, so now I'm trying to stay real. Each new factions mans tons of units needed, new structures with new animations, more FX, more coding and just a hell of an extra work load. I rather see this project through to the end instead of losing grip again. I totally get that the elven kindgoms differ, but they are still the same race. Same goes for dwarves. Naturally humans too, but since we do have all the assets we need for Rohan and Gondor, they wil be split, just like "Evil Men" into Rhûn and Harad.

However, if this mod is even "finished", I might carry on with splitting elves into Rivendell, Mirkwood and Lothlorien and perhaps even dwarves into Erebor and Iron Hills (Only factions from the movie though). But THAT is to far ahead, that we might live on Mars by then :p

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
"Do not come between the Nazgûl and his mod!"
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> I S.E.E. YOU! <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#63 King Dain II Ironfoot

King Dain II Ironfoot

King Under the Mountain of Erebor

• Project Team
  • 193 posts
  • Projects:THL

Posted 26 September 2015 - 10:03 AM

I completely understand you mate! :) I meant no dissrespect to the huge amount of work need for a Mod! :)

And Thrandy I am all for the Gold Lines! :)

I will not stand down before any Elf not least this faithless Woodland Sprite,he wishes nothing but ill upon my people....Ya think I give a dead dog about your treats  you Pointy Ear Princess...          WklE62A.png

You hear that lads..we're on...let's give these bastards a good hammering...Tanar Durin nur!!....

#64 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 04 October 2015 - 11:19 PM

There we go. Head all done, "low" poly. Helmet 350 polys. Head 365.

I'm really happy with the outcome of this model, and I would do the whole body too if it wasn't for the difficulty of keeping polys down, so let's see how it looks on RoR's model =)

IHhead3.jpg

Edited by Nazgûl, 14 December 2019 - 04:39 PM.

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg

#65 Dark Lord

Dark Lord

title available

• Project Team
  • 365 posts

Posted 05 October 2015 - 12:11 AM

That good job congratulations,

#66 MattTheLegoman

MattTheLegoman

LEGO Knight of Minas Ithil

• T3A Staff
  • 3,669 posts
  • Projects:Mapping this Middle-earth
  •  Mapper
  • Division:BFME
  • Job:T3A Staff

Posted 05 October 2015 - 03:08 AM

Ohhhh, fantastic!!! =D

Idea:

If you haven't figured out how to bake lighting in your 3D program what about creating two textures?

Take a screenshot with the helmet using metallic shaders and whatever you need to make it look proper, perhaps overdo it for the screenshot.

Copy the texture you have on there now and then paint in the lighting effects on the copy.

So then you have a regular texture and the painted-lighting texture.

Remember that all worlds draw to an end and that noble death is a treasure which no one is too poor to buy. - C.S. Lewis

There will come a time when you believe everything is finished. That will be the beginning. - Louis L'Amour

What will matter then will be people. If relationships will matter most then, shouldn't they matter most now? - Max Lucado

#67 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 05 October 2015 - 02:00 PM

Not sure I know what you mean... Are you talking about Photoshop post work, or all in zBrush?

I don't know how to "bake lighting" i zB no, but I don't see the need for it. If I make my models look even MORE high definition, it will render like all other models in the game inferior and out of place. I like working with details, but somewhere down the line the models have to coexist with some more or less vanilla models too unless I'm going to have to redo ALL models in this game (which will lagg the whole mod to hell) :p

I'm not saying I wouldn't like to redo all models, as I work on more factions later on. But, I don't think the engine can handle too much high poly models, and as of now, I'm a little bit worried how SEE will play with these factions, since goblins have so many high poly models now, and dwarves will too if I redo the soldiers completely.

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg

#68 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 25 October 2015 - 02:47 PM

Have a lot to do at work these days, as my boss is ill so I had to step in... but, some progress:

IHbody.jpg

Edited by Nazgûl, 14 December 2019 - 04:42 PM.

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg

#69 ThrandyBanned

ThrandyBanned

Sith Lord Of Mirkwood

• Banned
  • 321 posts
  •  Skinner,Modeler,Coder

Posted 25 October 2015 - 03:51 PM

Now that's a nice looking armor!
Here is a concept for you
http://www.moddb.com...oldier#imagebox

It's from EE
You can download it on my profile on amoddb(Nelyafinwe)

#70 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 25 October 2015 - 09:28 PM

GREAT stuff! How did you get that? I've been googling for Iron Hills dwarves sooo many times now and I can't find jack shit more than blurry green screen pics. This is exactly what I need. EE is not out yet though? :p

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg

#71 Bashkuga

Bashkuga

Because good guys are too mainstream

• Project Team
  • 2,039 posts
  • Projects:Age of the Ring Betatester and Mapper, Edain Mod Betatester
  •  Out of the frying pan, and into the fire..

Posted 25 October 2015 - 09:32 PM

EE is already out. I got it through the illegal way though, but you can also download it on Itunes. That pic is indeed from EE, and you get to see much more Iron Hills goodness :D.

#72 King Dain II Ironfoot

King Dain II Ironfoot

• Project Team
  • 193 posts

Posted 25 October 2015 - 09:36 PM

The picture is from my ModDB Page I have many Iron Hills screens and concept arts if you need some just.PM me! :-)

I will not stand down before any Elf not least this faithless Woodland Sprite,he wishes nothing but ill upon my people....Ya think I give a dead dog about your treats  you Pointy Ear Princess...          WklE62A.png

You hear that lads..we're on...let's give these bastards a good hammering...Tanar Durin nur!!....

#73 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 25 October 2015 - 09:41 PM

I need as many shots I can get on Iron Hills soldiers from various angles. Preferably high res like that one. :p

EE is not out here in Sweden yet, legally. I want the EE on Bluray, and that is set for nov 23..

Edited by Nazgûl, 25 October 2015 - 09:42 PM.

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg

#74 King Dain II Ironfoot

King Dain II Ironfoot

• Project Team
  • 193 posts

Posted 25 October 2015 - 09:53 PM

I will make you a Rar of the best Screens and Concept I have and I can send them to you via e-mail if want to!? :-)

#75 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 25 October 2015 - 10:42 PM

Great, thanks mate! I'll drop you my email via PM =)

Here's more progress. Just aligned the body with the finished low poly head... 

Will work on the back tomorrow, and hopefully start painting it all.

IHbody2.jpg

Edited by Nazgûl, 14 December 2019 - 04:44 PM.

• NDC likes this

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg

#76 ThrandyBanned

ThrandyBanned

Sith Lord Of Mirkwood

• Banned
  • 321 posts
  •  Skinner,Modeler,Coder

Posted 26 October 2015 - 12:18 PM

Amazing!
Here's a link from where you can get EE
http://www.moddb.com...xtended-edition

Edited by Thrandy, 26 October 2015 - 12:28 PM.

#77 IronfootsWill

IronfootsWill
  • Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 26 October 2015 - 03:45 PM

Looking lethal!!

I have a collection of high res images from the EE such as these so feel free to ask for any if they're needed :)

vlcsnap_2015_10_22_18h13m59s7.png

#78 NewErr

NewErr

Elf-friend

• Project Team
  • 2,177 posts
  • Projects:Wars of The Firstborn
  •  World Wide Artist

Posted 26 October 2015 - 04:08 PM

BadAss

#79 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 26 October 2015 - 04:31 PM

Ironfoot... ya! That's exactly what I need, like the first pic. Close up, detail shots of their armor. Awesome!

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg

#80 IronfootsWill

IronfootsWill
  • Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 26 October 2015 - 05:10 PM

Glad to be able to help naz! Went through there now and tried to pick out some more, was hard to find any that were as good as the first one but I got a decent few. You want me to PM you the rest?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users