Splitting Hares

• Network Admins
  • 9,126 posts
  • Projects:Writing Words With Letters
  •  I Help
  • Division:Community
  • Job:Community Admin

Posted 05 June 2015 - 09:30 AM

All this Jenner stuff is dumb, I don't really have an opinion on it, and I swore a sacred oath not to complain about the subject.  But I have officially reached my peak of annoyed. So apparently, she / he / it / blarg (I'll let you pick one, I really don't care which) won some sort of stupid happy-fun-time courage award, and the good (annoying) christian folk of central Indiana here are complaining because some pointless jar-head G.I. Joe didn't win it.  The guy got his limbs blown off in one of the current "wars" in whatever unpronounceable Mohamed desert country conflict that's happening right now, and the good folks of America's favorite country, the USA, want to ram this guy's existence down my skull holes now, because apparently he was supposed to win the award over this mighty morphing gender ranger.

So since we haven't had a good debate in awhile, I serve you this steaming hot controversy.  Which situation should rationally be seen as more courageous?  The gender conflict with Jenner, or the role in warfare with Galloway.  If I sound bias towards one, it was unintentional.  I actually don't know since I don't respect either of them in any capacity.  I'm just curious to know how much someone needs to voluntarily get mutilated in order to win this stupid award.

According to this article, he may have actually have won it?  I have no idea what's happening.  But the debate is still valid, and real-life people are actually split on what side to take.  That means we get to decide for them.

http://www.buzzfeed....qpgp#.pkNG7YQ4l

#2 OmegaBolt

OmegaBolt

Lost In The New Real

• Hosted
  • 6,273 posts
  • Projects:Red-Resurrection
  •  O'Bolt

Posted 05 June 2015 - 01:03 PM

I think Jenner (of which is of absolutely no importance in the media here, but thanks to the internet I get to be bothered by it anyway) is a more useful, topical figure. Transgender issues are still not accepted or discussed openly so I think it's a great thing really. Someone has made a big choice in their life that is not inconsequential to others and it's in the media, helping people get through similar issues themselves or opening peoples eyes to them.

Meanwhile the other guy looks like an idiot for joining the army, although I'm sure he had his personal reasons, and as 'Murica is obsessed with war, he's a great poster boy. Yeah it's brave to be walking around the street surrounded by guns (any American town?) but it's not a necessity to be doing so. The wars are not honourable and they're just chewing people up for greed. If it's presented as if he were the victim of the war machine who has managed to overcome his abusers then that's another matter, but based on those images it doesn't look like it.

Not to mention there are thousands of homeless veterans not on the front cover, maybe they should be instead.

And yeah I've heard lots of fundamentalist (key bit being mentalist) Christians spreading their loving wisdom about how disgusting Jenner is and that she's a he whether he/she likes it or not. It goes against God, gays should be brainwashed and rape is beautiful when it causes pregnancy. I'm sure if God is any sex he'd be an hermaphrodite, and probably Jesus too.

Edited by OmegaBolt, 05 June 2015 - 01:07 PM.

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#3 Mathijs

Mathijs

Post-modern Shaman

• Network Leaders
  • 13,756 posts
  • Projects:Age of the Ring
  • Division:Revora
  • Job:Leader

Posted 05 June 2015 - 06:47 PM

Stupid real-life people being all stupid again.

I don't know why I'm posting here. Upping my post count, I guess, because I don't give a rat's furry little behind about any of this. 

No fuel left for the pilgrims

#4 Pasidon

Pasidon

Splitting Hares

• Network Admins
  • 9,126 posts
  • Projects:Writing Words With Letters
  •  I Help
  • Division:Community
  • Job:Community Admin

Posted 05 June 2015 - 08:36 PM

Do what the rest of us admins do and manually increase the count.  It makes us look more hansom.

And yea.  Bolt.  I suppose I agree, mainly because I would literally want anyone other than a veteran to win awards like this.  It is relatively important who get awards like this, since it represents the notable features of a culture.  And veterans?  No.  I have zero respect for people that voluntarily join any war.   I absolutely hate the level of respect they get, and they're the most despicable sort of people in existence.  They can go out and shoot people for money all they want, but if the enemy fights back, then that's their problem.  You lost your limbs, little guy?  Poor you... I hope those people you shot dead send their prayers from unpronounceable desert heaven.

And Jenner?  Whatever.  The guy decides he wants to be publicly ridiculed by the world, so he becomes a she-he and he-she gets mutilated for the sake of... love?  I dunno.  But Jenner actually spent loads of money to become the world's punching bag, so I guess that's less detestable, and technically, more courageous than the limbless He-Man of America.  

#5 Mathijs

Mathijs

Post-modern Shaman

• Network Leaders
  • 13,756 posts
  • Projects:Age of the Ring
  • Division:Revora
  • Job:Leader

Posted 05 June 2015 - 08:46 PM

I agree with the above deconstruction. 

No fuel left for the pilgrims

#6 Beowulf

Beowulf

Shipgirl

• Advisors
  • 7,219 posts
  •  Azur Lane Fangirl

Posted 08 June 2015 - 02:57 PM

Pasidon being Pasidon. I can never leave this place.

NZ.org | BBPCG
Discord: The Astronomer#1314
Steam

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users