Speeder

#ControlMOre

• Hosted
  • 8,992 posts
  • Projects:Mental Omega
  •  Mental Omega Creator

Posted 24 June 2015 - 03:03 PM

logo_allfactions.png

Before I start bringing more details in, let's go back to the discussion we've had in one of the threads some time ago.

Side 4 is coming. After seeing what we did to the vanilla sides, what would you like to see for the brand new one?

Information regarding the origins, technologies and already designed units and weapons will gradually be revealed, but for now do not limit your ideas to what we've already set in stone. ;)

mainbanner.jpg
bt_left.pngbt_fb.pngbt_yt.pngbt_tw.pngbt_md.pngbt_right.png
115776.png

#2 CLAlstar

CLAlstar

The one and only master of Scorpion Cell

• Members
  • 1,095 posts
  •  Worst MO Player

Posted 24 June 2015 - 03:06 PM

I think i might have a one question, unsure if i will get the answer since it might be found out in lore after some time.

What is diplomatic relationship of new faction towards all other sides of conflict?

#3 Black/Brunez

Black/Brunez

Title? What title?

• Project Team
  • 1,262 posts
  •  Mentalmeister - Random Annoying Guy

Posted 24 June 2015 - 03:11 PM

What people want? They want freaking sharks with frickin laser beams attached to their heads.  :thumbsupcool:

#4 LewlNewb

LewlNewb
  • Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 24 June 2015 - 03:22 PM

1. A rogue faction = strictly no alliances with the current 3 factions in the lore.

2. Some kind of PMC.

3. Aliens?

#5 Speeder

Speeder

#ControlMOre

• Hosted
  • 8,992 posts
  •  Mental Omega Creator

Posted 24 June 2015 - 03:32 PM

Why is it always aliens?

mainbanner.jpg
115776.png

#6 zocker4ever

zocker4ever
  • Members
  • 57 posts
  • Projects:One Vision, Reasonable Revenge

Posted 24 June 2015 - 03:44 PM

When looking at what we already have, I think it would make most sense to create a faction which is rather macro oriented but also has many finesse features in it.

Allied: micro oriented faction with focus on firepower.

Epsilon: micro oriented faction with focus on finesse options.

Societ: macro oriented faction with focus on firepower.

Therefore I think a macro oriented faction with finesse options (like scrin in Tiberium Wars) would make most sense.

Tbh, I don't really think another faction is necessary, but if you are already doing it, I'd say just go wild, make a crazy yolo faction similar to other YR mods.

Edited by zocker4ever, 24 June 2015 - 03:44 PM.

#7 X1Destroy

X1Destroy

title available

• Members
  • 660 posts

Posted 24 June 2015 - 04:39 PM

Since it is stated that time traveler nonsenses like in YR won't be here, I'll just drop the idea that they're from the future.

From what I've seen, it's possible that most, if not all of theirs units are non-human.

1 question though, will the new faction have its own EVA voice sets? Or just reuse old assets?

The shark logo is awesome. I like it.

Edited by X1Destroy, 24 June 2015 - 04:41 PM.

"Protecting the land of the Free."
efXH1rz.png

#8 Speeder

Speeder

#ControlMOre

• Hosted
  • 8,992 posts
  •  Mental Omega Creator

Posted 24 June 2015 - 04:55 PM

It'll have its own EVA eventually, yes.

mainbanner.jpg
115776.png

#9 Petya

Petya

title available

• Project Team
  • 1,324 posts

Posted 24 June 2015 - 07:27 PM

When looking at what we already have, I think it would make most sense to create a faction which is rather macro oriented but also has many finesse features in it.

Allied: micro oriented faction with focus on firepower.

Epsilon: micro oriented faction with focus on finesse options.

Societ: macro oriented faction with focus on firepower.

Therefore I think a macro oriented faction with finesse options (like scrin in Tiberium Wars) would make most sense.

Tbh, I don't really think another faction is necessary, but if you are already doing it, I'd say just go wild, make a crazy yolo faction similar to other YR mods.

Those are already existing:

USA

Scorpion Cell

China

#10 mevitar

mevitar

REEEEEEEEEEEEE

• Hosted
  • 1,971 posts
  • Projects:Doom Desire
  •  (â—‰ _ â—‰)

Posted 24 June 2015 - 07:37 PM

Why is it always aliens?

aliens-guy-meme.jpg
ded signature

(◉ ᗝ ◉)

#11 embryo666

embryo666
  • Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 24 June 2015 - 07:45 PM

Hello i'm a mental omega fan, and i don't have a computer, just asking about new sub factions? Here is what i wanted for the side 4.

- The new faction should named 'The Yellosh Army'
- 1st Sub faction
- 2nd Sub faction
- 3rd Subfaction
- A 3 heroes for them
- Yellosh's original color should be yellow, we use the light blue for pacific front (edited)

That's what i wanted.

Edited by embryo666, 24 June 2015 - 07:48 PM.

#12 Plasma_Wolf

Plasma_Wolf
  • Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 24 June 2015 - 08:23 PM

Lore-wise

I'm heavily against aliens, with only earth to fight on, or potentially earth and the alien homeworld, it's not going to work lore-wise.

I'd like some new time-aspect, but we have to remember that Einstein already went back in time to mess things up and they've been messed up quite badly. RA and RA2 worked it out quite well, with only one paradox to work out, which is acceptable. There's an obvious plothole in RA3's time travel, so going back in time to cancel the effects of the "first" time travel isn't going to work unless you do something like this (https://xkcd.com/1063/), in which case it's pretty pointless anyway.

But that could be the attempt of an army from the future. They see a devastated planet, go back to join in the fighting, hoping to make the war stop before the devastation. You then also have the paradox-avoiding reason for the time travel. The army from the future goes back in time to prevent an apocalypse but is actually the cause of it.

However, I'm most in favour of something else: another game I'm a huge fan of is Supreme Commander and it's expansion Forged Alliance (in which aliens did come along, but in a better way than they did in C&C 3). Someone with the nickname "dotswarlock" has written fanfiction on SupCom and in book 6 (supcom book 06), he describes a human faction theorizing on the appearance of this new enemy (which turn out to be the aliens):

This time it was Clarke who answered: “If it was just one or two new units then we could undoubtedly trace this unknown force to one side or the other. From what we can tell, however, we are facing a whole new breed of ACU technology. All evidence so far points to the Mayr scenario.”

The idea seemed farfetched and yet this was the only possible explanation. The Mayr scenario was named after an evolutionary biologist called Ernst Walter Mayr. The basic theory was that a faction could secretly send part of its scientists and citizens to the far reaches of space to develop an entire new branch of warfare technology. A society which was removed from the Infinite War in such a fashion could dedicate all of its efforts towards creating an unstoppable army. There was also the possibility that such a society would, in time, develop its own social structure and even a new set of priorities.

Just a link to all the work (with that quote it's not really important though): https://docs.google....U4tODI5Y2s/edit

This would be a plausible explanation for the fourth faction, including the icon. After the allied victory in RA, country-sized colony is developed somewhere in the Pacific (with all the island, more probably, all over the place in the pacific). Although it's very much possible that this has been done by Allied HQ (the units seem to suggest it), this faction became autonomous and adopted a new set of ideals that is incompatible with those of any other faction.

Weapon systems:

Based on the things I've seen, I'm thinking of Orca Bombers, Disruptor Tanks (I LOVE those, though we already have the basswave and the prism tank) and the Firestorm Wall. That means this is the GDI faction and therefore I want this:

1621874-ion_cannon_firing.jpg

Edited by Plasma_Wolf, 24 June 2015 - 08:24 PM.

#13 Meyerm

Meyerm

Commisar

• Members
  • 716 posts

Posted 24 June 2015 - 08:46 PM

They look like a very high tech faction with expensive gadgets. That being said, they should be oriented towards expensive yet powerful units. Less emphasis on numbers, more on individual strength.

As for gameplay, I'd enjoy seeing a video of actual gameplay of this faction before release, and do spotlight videos for their subfactions around the time of release just like the first time.

For lore, I'm thinking the faction might be some secret society/plot revealing itself, since you see Chinese and I think Allied forces working together with the 4th faction tech in some screens, which makes me believe powerful people were doing the same thing with all sides what Yuri was doing with the Soviets, secretly using them to build an army to achieve their goals.

I'm also thinking that, after BR2, make a mini-campaign for the faction, but not right away with the main release as to leave some mysteries and spoilers unspoiled, also to cut back on BR2 release time. Just a couple missions, doesn't have to be full size.

#14 Solais

Solais

Conspiracy Theorist

• Members
  • 1,648 posts

Posted 24 June 2015 - 09:30 PM

Actually, that is my question there. Will this new side have a campaign?

As for lore-wise, I like Plasma_Wolf's theories. I do wonder what kind of society will this new faction represent? We have Capitalism with the Allies, Communism with the Soviets, some sort of hive-mind-based society with Epsilon (I guess?). What remains? Theocracy? Fascism?

#15 Divine

Divine

NGL, I was kinda drunk when I registered with this name.

• Members
  • 1,182 posts

Posted 24 June 2015 - 10:43 PM

Please make them nazies  from the moon pretty pretty please! Ok just kidding. I'm genuinely curious who are these guys are and how the hell did they manage to hide their high-tech army until act 2.

Some unofficial stuff I made for Mental Omega

Sidebar icons for normally not buildable stuff: Yuri Prime, Space CommandoAllied Jackal (obsolete)Gravitron
Skirmish Map: (2) Commietopia

Feedback and showcase thread

#16 Meyerm

Meyerm

Commisar

• Members
  • 716 posts

Posted 24 June 2015 - 11:35 PM

There could be 2 directions that could be taken with the lore of the faction which would make the most sense:

1. They're a secret society who's rise is long in the making, having orchestrated the war, even though Yuri thought that's what he did, and using the conflict and web of alliances to make their rise

2. They're reactionary to the conflict. Soviets want proletariat revolution, Yuri wants hive mind type utopia, and allies want a world under their protection/domination (depend show you see it). This 4th side is people that have had enough and want unity and order without mind control, communism, or imperialism. Maybe INGSOC-like?

#17 demented

demented
  • Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 25 June 2015 - 12:56 AM

They are from Atlantis.

#18 embryo666

embryo666
  • Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 25 June 2015 - 01:13 AM

Really?
I thought they are from Australia!

#19 Meyerm

Meyerm

Commisar

• Members
  • 716 posts

Posted 25 June 2015 - 01:41 AM

Act 2: Australia Rising

#20 Rovaen

Rovaen
  • Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 25 June 2015 - 03:10 AM

Hey as far as that one suggestion goes about sharks and lasers, I'm all for that!
it'd totally fit with the whole squid/dolphin thing and would be right up CNCs alley

ALSO

this new faction should totally be from Australia.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users