Posted 24 July 2018 - 01:20 AM

That will be spoilers no?

I like gnomes

YunruThinkEmoji.png

Visit us in Totem Arts site
(Firestorm is still SoonTM)

#2242 Drezalnor

Drezalnor

Hellish.Calculative.Eccentric.Dedicated.

• Members
  • 229 posts
  • Projects:Command and Conquer 5:Tiberian Destiny(In incubation stage at present)
  •  PsiCorps Proselyte.A mind is a terrible thing to waste. I like Epsilon Headquarters also.

Posted 24 July 2018 - 07:41 AM

I was merely speculating.Though I have to say,as much as I would like to see the proto-Foehn forces go to Europe,that all depends on Esther and Ollerus,whether they decide to make it like that.An expedition to Antarctica would be a suicide mission.
"Just die already!"-Libra

#2243 isaac103

isaac103

title available

• Members
  • 357 posts

Posted 24 July 2018 - 08:13 PM

I was merely speculating.Though I have to say,as much as I would like to see the proto-Foehn forces go to Europe,that all depends on Esther and Ollerus,whether they decide to make it like that.An expedition to Antarctica would be a suicide mission.

What do the Foehn want that's in Europe? 

#2244 Drezalnor

Drezalnor

• Members
  • 229 posts
  • Projects:Command and Conquer 5:Tiberian Destiny(In incubation stage at present)
  •  PsiCorps Proselyte.A mind is a terrible thing to waste. I like Epsilon Headquarters also.

Posted 25 July 2018 - 12:47 AM

What do the Foehn want that's in Europe?
Give it a thought.There's plenty of prototype stuff in SteinsTech HQ that Foehn could use.And think-is retrieving the Paradox Engine worth it?

#2245 BotRot

BotRot
  • Members
  • 228 posts
  • Projects:Mental Omega English Wiki on Fandom (formerly Wikia)
  •  Mental Omega Wiki Administrator & Contributor

Posted 25 July 2018 - 05:33 AM

The official MO news bulletins #5 and #6 has some tidbit lore that is related to several Foehn units. #5 has Irritator and an unknown unit, possibly the Seitaad after comparing their chassis appearance, and #6 has a walker not in the final release (probably early Cyclops design). Are they considered to be canon?

hT8PHUN.gif

#2246 Handepsilon

Handepsilon

Firestorm Gnome

• Members
  • 2,325 posts
  • Projects:Renegade X: Firestorm
  •  *intensely rolls around*

Posted 25 July 2018 - 11:12 AM

I don't think they should

I like gnomes

YunruThinkEmoji.png

#2247 Drezalnor

Drezalnor

• Members
  • 229 posts

Posted 26 July 2018 - 02:33 PM

The official MO news bulletins #5 and #6 has some tidbit lore that is related to several Foehn units. #5 has Irritator and an unknown unit, possibly the Seitaad after comparing their chassis appearance, and #6 has a walker not in the final release (probably early Cyclops design). Are they considered to be canon?

Definitely not.And do you really think that the unknown unit in #5 was a Seitaad?It could be a prototype for something else.

#2248 Drezalnor

Drezalnor

• Members
  • 229 posts

Posted 03 August 2018 - 07:52 AM

There's quite a bit of Foehn lore that needs polishing-
1.Eureka's origins
2.Haihead origins
3.Wings of Coronia origins
4.Last Bastion origins

Right now,we can but speculate about it-until Speeder releases the official stuff.

#2249 Handepsilon

Handepsilon

Firestorm Gnome

• Members
  • 2,325 posts

Posted 03 August 2018 - 08:18 AM

.....you know there's a reason they're vague. If we get deeper than that, we might enter spoiler territory.

I like gnomes

YunruThinkEmoji.png

#2250 Drezalnor

Drezalnor

• Members
  • 229 posts

Posted 03 August 2018 - 12:17 PM

.....you know there's a reason they're vague. If we get deeper than that, we might enter spoiler territory.

For Eureka's origins I can appreciate that,but as for the subfaction origins-well,we have practically no idea about it,so vague won't even cut it-rather,one should say we're literally in the dark.

By the way,I was thinking of a few scenarios post-Act 3:
1.The Haihead could witness a split in it's ranks-one group being loyal to the ideals of the Revolt,and the other,in the quest to develop more advanced,destructive weaponry,loses sight of them.

2.Some Epsilon forces,in the midst of the utter chaos during the Battle for the Antarctic Fortress,take away Rahn and Libra,who have suffered grievous injuries from Fin's sniper rifle,to a shuttle,which eventually makes it's way to Titan,where the Epsilon Army has a base.

3.During the endgame battle,some Epsilon hackers succeed in releasing a powerful virus into all of the Cyberkernels of the Foehn Revolt,effectively corrupting and taking control of VOLKNET and along with it,Uragan and Foehn's robotic forces.

PS-If you are by any chance curious about the project I mentioned,well you won't find it on ModDB-it's still in the form of an unfinished idea-hence the incubator stage.

Edited by Drezalnor, 03 August 2018 - 12:21 PM.

#2251 BotRot

BotRot
  • Members
  • 228 posts
  • Projects:Mental Omega English Wiki on Fandom (formerly Wikia)
  •  Mental Omega Wiki Administrator & Contributor

Posted 24 September 2018 - 08:01 AM

Snooped around in the code and found out that Foehn has a bunch of unused stuff likely unused or completely cut for balance reasons. Most of them involve disables.

Gharial would have an "air hack" weapon that causes confusion to enemy aircraft but it would look like the Gharial has "hacked" them similar to Ramwagon deploy and Blackout Missile. In the code, Gharial "uses" this weapon but it doesn't work for some reason. Because of this, Gharial uses voicelines when ordered to attack aircraft when it should not.

There's also a "ground hack" but no unit seems to use it in the meantime. It functions like the Raccoon vs. enemy vehicles/aircraft but the difference is that it has a slow firing rate but long duration (ROF and duration is the same though).

Pteranodon would have a "Sonic Boom" deploy, but seems to be more of "switching weapons". Basically, the weapon visuals are the same as regular attacks, but it does no damage. Here's the catch: it would disable power plants for 0:40, and the reload rate is only half that time (0:20). Imagine what Coronia Tier 3 could have been....

Lastly, there's the Orcinus Waveshaper, which can be added in the map editor. Durable and slow, it is unarmed, but when deployed, would have caused AOE weapon disable (like Raccoon). However, while there are visual effects that display this, the actual deploy ability doesn't actually work in-game.

There's probably more but I have yet to discover them. I'd like to hear the backstories behind these though.

hT8PHUN.gif

#2252 Revan0123

Revan0123
  • Members
  • 99 posts
  •  Former Sith Lord who's stuck on earth, playing Video Games :P

Posted 30 September 2018 - 09:23 PM

Well, we know where the Foehn Revolt got the Blackout Missile from...

https://vignette.wik...=20180925073415

Edited by Revan0123, 25 October 2018 - 04:32 PM.

#2253 Drezalnor

Drezalnor

• Members
  • 229 posts

Posted 24 October 2018 - 01:14 AM

Well,now that The Great Beyond has released,we at least know which of the factions becomes(or should become) what in terms of Foehn-

1.Pacific Front-They become the Wings of Coronia.It is a no-brainer,honestly,considering the very broad hint about the Tarchia Cannon prototype being developed by Kanegawa Industries.

2.China-They become the Last Bastion.This one is somewhat harder to deduce,since there are no hints whatsoever,but a careful comparison of the two subfactions will make sense when done.Both of them use superheavy vehicles more suitable for defense than offense.

3.Scorpion Cell-They become the Haihead.Okay......this one really seems like an off-the-rails theory,considering how technologically unsophisticated they were.But one has to delve deep and look at a similarity in their strategies-maximal damage in minimal time.

A little theory about Mission 5:Vanishing Point-It could be about the establishment of Foehn's aerial citadel,the Coronia,since at the end of The Great Beyond,there was talk about taking shelter from Epsilon in a place second furthest from them-which could be the atmospheric realm.

#2254 Derxwna Kapsyla

Derxwna Kapsyla

The Badman

• Members
  • 175 posts
  • Projects:Too Many To List
  •  Dr. Nitpick von Shitpost

Posted 24 October 2018 - 02:45 AM

I think it's more fair to say that the three factions combined are what make up Foehn, and that no one faction corresponds to another. For example, You say that Scorpion Cell becomes Haihead, however it's the Wings of Coronia that get the Zorbtrotters, which, in lore, are reverse engineered Epsilon tech. The Blackout Missile as well; China is the ones with EMP Technology, while Haihead is the group that gets the Blackout Missile. There isn't really an even 1:1 comparison imo.

#2255 Handepsilon

Handepsilon

Firestorm Gnome

• Members
  • 2,325 posts

Posted 24 October 2018 - 07:43 AM

Also, Prototype Diverbee is controlled by PF too, and that's Haihead unit.

I like gnomes

YunruThinkEmoji.png

#2256 Drezalnor

Drezalnor

• Members
  • 229 posts

Posted 24 October 2018 - 08:59 AM

I think it's more fair to say that the three factions combined are what make up Foehn, and that no one faction corresponds to another. For example, You say that Scorpion Cell becomes Haihead, however it's the Wings of Coronia that get the Zorbtrotters, which, in lore, are reverse engineered Epsilon tech. The Blackout Missile as well; China is the ones with EMP Technology, while Haihead is the group that gets the Blackout Missile. There isn't really an even 1:1 comparison imo.

I know that all,but this is the closest one can get,considering the hotchpotch of Allied,Soviet and Epsilon tech that Foehn has taken inspiration from.

However,I have this to say-Zorbtrotters feel less like reverse engineering of Epsilon and more like an ingenious idea(Though the lore says otherwise).

As to Haihead having the Blackout Missile,well there's a little inspiration from China,but one of the main things it has developed quite well-Confusion technology.That is what I would call reverse engineering of Epsilon.A possible influence of Scorpion Cell and Rashidi.

And last but not the least-the subfactions do not need to strictly stick to their original strategies and technologies while evolving to become new ones.I wasn't exactly comparing them-I was simply trying to pinpoint their possible origins,nothing more.

PS-The title of Mission 6-The Remnant sounds a little deceptive.

Edited by Drezalnor, 24 October 2018 - 09:07 AM.

#2257 Tathmesh

Tathmesh

title available

• Members
  • 326 posts
  •  Degenerate Haihead Main

Posted 24 October 2018 - 12:21 PM

I think the only faction with a clear "origin" from another faction is Last Bastion, having a lot of their signature T3 units coming from Yunru's team (VOLKNET and Uragan by extension, Mastodon, Gharial), as well as adopting the Chinese way of fighting: slow units with heavy firepower. 

The other subfactions might have been introduced later when the Last Bastion was constructed, by then, all the tech from PF, China, and SC would have been mixed together.

Edited by Tathmesh, 24 October 2018 - 12:21 PM.

#2258 Drezalnor

Drezalnor

• Members
  • 229 posts

Posted 25 October 2018 - 06:43 AM

I think the only faction with a clear "origin" from another faction is Last Bastion, having a lot of their signature T3 units coming from Yunru's team (VOLKNET and Uragan by extension, Mastodon, Gharial), as well as adopting the Chinese way of fighting: slow units with heavy firepower. 

The other subfactions might have been introduced later when the Last Bastion was constructed, by then, all the tech from PF, China, and SC would have been mixed together.

The possible order of origins could be Last Bastion(1),Wings of Coronia(3),Haihead(2).

Though Haihead uses tech concepts of all the 3 factions,it has retained the combat strategies of Scorpion Cell,which could be best done if former SC personnel helped found it.

However,the same argument cannot really be extended to the Wings of Coronia.

#2259 Meyerm

Meyerm

Commisar

• Members
  • 716 posts

Posted 28 October 2018 - 05:53 AM

I don't think there has to be a direct linear transition, could be a mix and match. Comparatively, some Epsilon HQ exclusives are seen used by PsiCorps early in Act 2. 

#2260 Revan0123

Revan0123
  • Members
  • 99 posts
  •  Former Sith Lord who's stuck on earth, playing Video Games :P

Posted 28 October 2018 - 06:31 PM

I don't think there has to be a direct linear transition, could be a mix and match. Comparatively, some Epsilon HQ exclusives are seen used by PsiCorps early in Act 2. 

Yeah, in The Conqueror, it's a Psicorps operation yet you use Shadow Tanks and Epsilon Adepts...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users